Windows 10: I reset Win 10 and lost my photos app, videos app, Windows Store, cortana, and worst of...

Discus and support I reset Win 10 and lost my photos app, videos app, Windows Store, cortana, and worst of... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So yesterday I was having problems with Windows because I couldn't use the start menu or search functions after changing permissions because I couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bockclockula, Feb 4, 2021.

1. I reset Win 10 and lost my photos app, videos app, Windows Store, cortana, and worst of...

So yesterday I was having problems with Windows because I couldn't use the start menu or search functions after changing permissions because I couldn't create new files, so I did a system reset (keeping personal files), moved all my apps back over from a backup, but now I've seemingly lost all my default Windows apps, including Office, Photos, Videos, Cortana, etc.

That wouldn't be the end of the world since I can redownload most of those, except I also lost my clipboard history function (win+v) even though I have it set to turn on. This function is invaluable to my work and I need to get it back. I've looked all over the internet for a solution, but most answers are for specific apps and there's basically nothing on getting the clipboard "reinstalled".

I've also been getting this error message everytime I turn on my computer, this popped up even before my reset when my start menu stopped working

And yes I've done the powershell app restore method (Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | For each app: Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml)

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/bockclockula
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bockclockula, Feb 4, 2021

2. Photo app in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to edit a video file in Photos App.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the version of the Photos App installed on the PC
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the file format of the video?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

Step 1: Reset Photos App

1. Press Windows + I
      key to open Windows Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Photos app.
    4. Select the app and click on
      Advanced
      option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a
      tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Step 2:
    Uninstall app using Power shell command

1. Press Windows + X key and select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Copy and paste this command, then press enter:
      Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | Remove-AppxPackage
    3. Close the PowerShell command and restart the PC.
    1. Reinstall the Photos app from Microsoft Store and
      check.

Please refer this article for additional information:
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Also refer this article: Edit photos and videos in Windows 10

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 4, 2021
  3. win store, photos ans videos apps

I don't understand why win 10 is so complicated.

I can't open win store, photos ans videos apps. I tried many things I saw on the community forum:

1. powershell command (lot of cmds I saw on the forum like : Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

or others cmd

2. the reset on "Apps & features" window

3. install win 10 updates

4. reinstall completely win 10 with the iso files process

but still the same thing, I cant open win store, photos ans videos apps. What should I do? Should I move on Mac?

woodywoodyallen, Feb 4, 2021
  4. I reset Win 10 and lost my photos app, videos app, Windows Store, cortana, and worst of...

win store, photos ans videos apps

shakewahmad, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

I reset Win 10 and lost my photos app, videos app, Windows Store, cortana, and worst of...

1. I reset Win 10 and lost my photos app, videos app, Windows Store, cortana, and worst of... - Similar Threads - reset lost photos

2. Win 10 photos app no longer compresses videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 photos app no longer compresses videos: I've been using the Win 10 photos app to shrink the size of videos for the last 2.5 years until about 10 days ago. Now there is no comparable shrinkage in the file size without a significant loss in image quality. If I retain the image quality the file size bloats. I use the...
  3. Win 10 photos app no longer compresses videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 photos app no longer compresses videos: I've been using the Win 10 photos app to shrink the size of videos for the last 2.5 years until about 10 days ago. Now there is no comparable shrinkage in the file size without a significant loss in image quality. If I retain the image quality the file size bloats. I use the...
  4. NO PHOTOS APP IN WIN 10

NO PHOTOS APP IN WIN 10: After reinstalling Win 10, there is no PHOTOS app. Is there a way to recover it, or is it no longer available? If not, can you suggest a safe app for viewing and editing my photos?...
  5. Photos app win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Photos app win 10: What happened to the photos app? When I imported images I used to be asked if I wanted to delete the photos from the sd card. Now I'm not asked that and I have to delete the photos one by one in the camera. I opened the folder on the sd card in the computer file explorer, but...
  6. Photo app in win 10

Photo app in win 10: The photo app finds and includes .png files mostly icons. Can I exclude these files from the app? The files are showing as being located in the File History folder. Running Win 10 Version 1909...
  7. win store, photos ans videos apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    win store, photos ans videos apps: I don't understand why win 10 is so complicated. I can't open win store, photos ans videos apps. I tried many things I saw on the community forum: 1. powershell command (lot of cmds I saw on the forum like : Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...
  8. Windows 10 Photo, I lost all my video projects after a photo app RESET.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Photo, I lost all my video projects after a photo app RESET.: Windows 10 Photo wasn't working properly. Was very slow and some of my video projects would not load. After research, I tried to use the apps Repair feature, but no improvement. So I tried the RESET option and when the app opened, all my video projects were gone. Can I...
  9. Windows 10 Photos app lost imported photos

Windows 10 Photos app lost imported photos: Hello, I just recently used the Photos app to import a bunch of raw photos from a DSLR which I was going to use for a project. After the import was complete, I formatted the memory card on my camera to save space. However, when I go to the photos app now, I cannot find...
  10. Photos and Win 10 Photo Apps

Photos and Win 10 Photo Apps: I have two questions. 1. Is Photo Gallery going away? If so, when? I think I saw that it would no longer be supported. 2. One of the features I liked about PG was the Comments area; I could include a lot of info there. Now I can't use it. I don't see a similar feature in...