Windows 10: I reset Windows 10 and now I get "Other user" login instead of the configuration process

Discus and support I reset Windows 10 and now I get "Other user" login instead of the configuration process in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft community, I'm in need of your help and guidance. I will try to write as much detail as I can. In holidays, just before New Year, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MelvinDRM, Jan 16, 2019.

1. MelvinDRM Win User

I reset Windows 10 and now I get "Other user" login instead of the configuration process

Hello Microsoft community,

I'm in need of your help and guidance. I will try to write as much detail as I can.

In holidays, just before New Year, my gf and I bought from Amazon a Lenovo Ideapad 330 15IKB (Type 81DE) Laptop. It has Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

When she configured it for the first time (it threw an error but it started Windows but she didn't know which error was) and started testing it, we noticed that sometimes explorer.exe wouldn't load (meaning you have a black screen in Windows). I opened the Task Manager and ended the process and run it again, and nothing. Maybe 5 minutes later explorer.exe loaded like nothing happened. This was a regular situation so I decided to reset Windows and start over to see if because of the error mentioned above.

I reset Windows through Computer Configuration, like a regular user. We had almost no files and nothing installed beside Dropbox. The reset process went fine but when the laptop booted, it showed me a login screen instead of starting the configuration process. This login screen asks for the user or email and the password. Clearly, there is no user since the windows instance is not even configured.

I started to dig in the internet. Most posts say it's becuase the Interactive logon: Do not display last user name Group Policy setting. I tried different ways to tackle this, with help of posts around the web.

What I tried:

I tried resetting again. Same result.

I tried entering in Windows Recovery Environment but it went back to the login screen.

I tried going info safe mode with CMD and run secpol.msc but nothing happened, probably because it's Windows 10 Home and it's not supposed to have that activated.

I tried going into safe mode with network capabilities but, when in Windows, you couldn't access even to the task manager.

I tried activating the Administrator using net user administrator /active:yes and then going into safe mode with network capabilities. I could access to the task manager but that's it. Couldn't even open the Start Menu. Eventually I reset it again.

Etc, etc

So, after all that, I'm back to square one and I need help. I was hoping someone could help me. It makes no sense for me this kind of behaviour. I have another laptops and reset it works like a charm. Returning the laptop is not an option since we are no longer in the USA.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Melvin

:)

MelvinDRM, Jan 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 16, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Jan 16, 2019
  4. marknyy Win User

I reset Windows 10 and now I get "Other user" login instead of the configuration process

Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

1. I reset Windows 10 and now I get "Other user" login instead of the configuration process - Similar Threads - reset user login

2. I changed system configuration and now I can't login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed system configuration and now I can't login: I changed system configuration and now I can't login on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-system-configuration-and-now-i-cant/8d67fe8d-5d6c-419b-a3e7-0813fa3c94a3
  3. I changed system configuration and now I can't login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed system configuration and now I can't login: I changed system configuration and now I can't login on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-system-configuration-and-now-i-cant/8d67fe8d-5d6c-419b-a3e7-0813fa3c94a3
  4. I get a no process is on the other end of the pipe. Login failed.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I get a no process is on the other end of the pipe. Login failed.: 04/06/2022 – I get a no process is on the other end of the pipe. Login failed. I am using visual studio and package manager console, visual studio 2019, Core 5.0 MVC With Angular. I also have aso have sql 2008r2, 2014,2017, but i use sql server 2012,.This is what I run and...
  5. I get a no process is on the other end of the pipe. Login failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get a no process is on the other end of the pipe. Login failed.: 04/06/2022 – I get a no process is on the other end of the pipe. Login failed. I am using visual studio and package manager console, sql server 2012, visual studio 2019, Core 5.0 MVC With Angular. This is what I run and the error message:Scaffold-DbContext 'Data...
  6. I get a no process is on the other end of the pipe. Login failed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get a no process is on the other end of the pipe. Login failed.: 04/06/2022 – I get a no process is on the other end of the pipe. Login failed. I am using visual studio and package manager console, sql server 2012, visual studio 2019, Core 5.0 MVC With Angular. This is what I run and the error message:Scaffold-DbContext 'Data...
  7. I get a no process is on the other end of the pipe. Login failed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Did a reset this pc and now i get "other user" in login

Did a reset this pc and now i get "other user" in login: I just bought a used laptop and did a full reset from the windows and now after installing i get to the login screen and prompted with "other user" login and no other way to get in. I tried booting from safe mode and it says administrator welcome... then it goes into...
  9. Can not login to "Other User" after i Reset Windows my Surfacebook2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not login to "Other User" after i Reset Windows my Surfacebook2: Dear Support I was Reset Windows 10 my Surfacebook2, after reset done Windows Request Login with "Other user" I try to login but cannot Please help comment how to do Note: My Surfacebook2 never set up any password just set up only Microsoft account and login with my...
  10. Alienware reseted, and now all I get is a "Other User" profile

Alienware reseted, and now all I get is a "Other User" profile: So, I did a reset on my Alienware Aurora R7, and when it got done, the only profile I see is "Other User". It asks me for a username and password, which I have no idea what to put. Any help would be appreciated....