Windows 10: I restart my computer and now I have no sound

Discus and support I restart my computer and now I have no sound in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I also have the same issue with my new computer working on window 11. I don't know why this is because my laptop was working very well and I never had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pier-Alexandre Labonté, Dec 4, 2023.

1. I restart my computer and now I have no sound

I also have the same issue with my new computer working on window 11. I don't know why this is because my laptop was working very well and I never had issue with the sound before. It is the same for another laptop that I restart. It is working only if I use bluetooth but earbud are not working. The same goes for my 2 laptops and my desktop. I have tried the update stuff and also it says that it is working properly. Thank you

:)

Pier-Alexandre Labonté, Dec 4, 2023
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue I restart my computer and now I have no sound :p

cadaveca, Dec 4, 2023
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Dec 4, 2023
  4. I restart my computer and now I have no sound

Anyone else have no sound after installing Windows 10 build 10240?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Do you get sound with basic windows drivers?

I suggest you try the following steps:

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Right on the start icon and click on device manager

• Expand Sound video and Gaming , Select the Audio adapter, right click on un-install.

• Restart the computer.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

I restart my computer and now I have no sound

1. I restart my computer and now I have no sound - Similar Threads - restart computer sound

2. I restart my computer and now I have no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I restart my computer and now I have no sound: I also have the same issue with my new computer working on window 11. I don't know why this is because my laptop was working very well and I never had issue with the sound before. It is the same for another laptop that I restart. It is working only if I use bluetooth but...
  3. My computer will not unmute and I have tried troubleshooting the sound restarting it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer will not unmute and I have tried troubleshooting the sound restarting it...: I have tried to unmute it using buttons I’ve tried restarting it I’ve done the troubleshooting Audio nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-will-not-unmute-and-i-have-tried/3fa2fce3-676e-4604-9bb3-bc0746a79a11
  4. My computer will not unmute and I have tried troubleshooting the sound restarting it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer will not unmute and I have tried troubleshooting the sound restarting it...: I have tried to unmute it using buttons I’ve tried restarting it I’ve done the troubleshooting Audio nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-will-not-unmute-and-i-have-tried/3fa2fce3-676e-4604-9bb3-bc0746a79a11
  5. I restarted my computer, now I am not allowed to sign in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I restarted my computer, now I am not allowed to sign in.: So this evening I decided to restart my personal windows 10 computer and upon restarting I cannot login. I try to enter my pin and it says "Your credentials could not be verified."Okay, no problem I thought. I hit "OK" and the next message reads, "something went wrong and...
  6. I restarted my computer, now I am not allowed to sign in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I restarted my computer, now I am not allowed to sign in.: So this evening I decided to restart my personal windows 10 computer and upon restarting I cannot login. I try to enter my pin and it says "Your credentials could not be verified."Okay, no problem I thought. I hit "OK" and the next message reads, "something went wrong and...
  7. I restarted my computer, now I am not allowed to sign in.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. My computer updated Windows 10 today and now I have no sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer updated Windows 10 today and now I have no sound: My computer updated Windows 10 today and now I have no sound. I hope this is not a scam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-updated-windows-10-today-and-now-i/60c9cca7-bbf5-4a6b-88cb-f7ac00c8ea6a
  9. I uninstalled sound max and now I have no sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I uninstalled sound max and now I have no sound: If I reset my pc with my files would I get sound max reinstalled since it said it would go back to factory default because it sound max comes with the pc I am asking because when I uninstalled sound max I could not hear any noise or sound from the pc when watching something....
  10. I have no sound from my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have no sound from my computer: all of a sudden I have no sound. There is a X through the speaker icon on the bottom of the screen. I had sound yesterday but not today. I tried to trouble shoot, the message I got was Windows Audio and Windows Audio end point builder service one or both of these are...