Windows 10: I restarted computer while updating.

Discus and support I restarted computer while updating. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a new laptop and thought to update it first. So, I started to update it with my mobile hotspot, but while it was updating, a notification... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AugustusHarts, Jun 20, 2020.

1. I restarted computer while updating.

Hi,

I bought a new laptop and thought to update it first. So, I started to update it with my mobile hotspot, but while it was updating, a notification came to restart the PC. My sister restarted it while it was updating but now I am stuck with a getting windows ready screen. Also, it's been 45 mins as I write this. How long will it take to boot again?

:)

AugustusHarts, Jun 20, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I restarted computer while updating. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Jun 20, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

I restarted computer while updating.

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

I restarted computer while updating.

1. I restarted computer while updating. - Similar Threads - restarted computer while

2. I turned my computer off while it was restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned my computer off while it was restarting.: I factory reserved my windows 10 to fully clean it and while it was resetting it froze at 64% and with no other idea I turned it off. Now it when I turn it on it goes on the loading screen then flickers to the restart screen then off. It repeats that until I turn it off...
  3. I turned my computer off while it was restarting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned my computer off while it was restarting.: I factory reserved my windows 10 to fully clean it and while it was resetting it froze at 64% and with no other idea I turned it off. Now it when I turn it on it goes on the loading screen then flickers to the restart screen then off. It repeats that until I turn it off...
  4. I turned my computer off while it was restarting.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Update causes computer to restart while downloading windows update 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update causes computer to restart while downloading windows update 20H2: [ATTACH] Once I click start downloading in this screen, the update continues to set 20H2 update as getting ready only to restart my computer without downloading and return to this screen with no updates completed. Any fix to this?...
  6. Computer restarting randomly while playing

Computer restarting randomly while playing: Just built my first computer and I can barely play it because of this issue. Sometimes ill be able to play for hours and it not happen and other times, like just now, it restart twice within 20 minutes. I looked in the event viewer so ill just post everything it says and...
  7. Computer restarted while I was gone and I found this..

Computer restarted while I was gone and I found this..: Went out to pick up food, came back and I was at the log in screen. Very odd, because my pc usually stays on unless I turn it off or sleep.. Does anyone have any insight for this? - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System>...
  8. While restarting computer Esc option not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    While restarting computer Esc option not working: While restarting the computer Esc option button was not working and troubleshooting using Advance startup option, they asking password for the restart but keyboard not working while it is working with normal use. can u help with this as soon as possible?...
  9. while shutting down the computer restarts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    while shutting down the computer restarts: after upgrading windows from windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro, I am getting the below message in blue screen and the computer restarts of its own. "your pc ran in to a problem and needs to restart. we just collected some error info, and then we will restart for you. if...
  10. Computer restarts while using VLC Player

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer restarts while using VLC Player: So, I thought it was just a one time glitch. But i'm tryin to watch a video using VLC Player and after a few minutes the system reboots and freezes at the logo screen. I have to manually turn off the PC then push the power button for it to boot. It's done it twice, i'm...