Windows 10: I restarted my computer, now I am not allowed to sign in.

Discus and support I restarted my computer, now I am not allowed to sign in. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So this evening I decided to restart my personal windows 10 computer and upon restarting I cannot login. I try to enter my pin and it says "Your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sdasdsdasdasd, Mar 24, 2022.

1. I restarted my computer, now I am not allowed to sign in.

So this evening I decided to restart my personal windows 10 computer and upon restarting I cannot login. I try to enter my pin and it says "Your credentials could not be verified."Okay, no problem I thought. I hit "OK" and the next message reads, "something went wrong and your pin isn't available status: 0xc000006d, substarus: 0x0. Click to set up your pin again.So I click "Set up my pin" and it asks me to sign in to my Microsoft account which is bound by my phone number. I sign in to my Microsoft account with the correct password and I verify my identity through my phone number with a code.

:)

sdasdsdasdasd, Mar 24, 2022
  2. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Mar 24, 2022
  3. Sign-in method not allowed

Hi,

This issue may happen if you're signing in to a computer using non administrator ID.
    In order for us to efficiently you, we just have few questions for you:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is your computer connected to a domain?
    • Have you checked the Group Policy if the "Allow log on locally" was setup to allow users or domain users?
    Regards.

Darian Tab, Mar 24, 2022
  4. swat354 Win User

I restarted my computer, now I am not allowed to sign in.

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Mar 24, 2022
Thema:

I restarted my computer, now I am not allowed to sign in.

1. I restarted my computer, now I am not allowed to sign in. - Similar Threads - restarted computer allowed

2. I restart my computer and now I have no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I restart my computer and now I have no sound: I also have the same issue with my new computer working on window 11. I don't know why this is because my laptop was working very well and I never had issue with the sound before. It is the same for another laptop that I restart. It is working only if I use bluetooth but...
  3. I restart my computer and now I have no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I restart my computer and now I have no sound: I also have the same issue with my new computer working on window 11. I don't know why this is because my laptop was working very well and I never had issue with the sound before. It is the same for another laptop that I restart. It is working only if I use bluetooth but...
  4. I am unable to sign in to my home computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to sign in to my home computer: I cannot sign in to my home computer. I have done everything. I even changed the Password. It still will not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-sign-in-to-my-home-computer/55bc8126-1d03-4bfd-9570-05a3dfc113ab
  5. I am unable to sign in to my home computer

I am unable to sign in to my home computer: I cannot sign in to my home computer. I have done everything. I even changed the Password. It still will not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-sign-in-to-my-home-computer/55bc8126-1d03-4bfd-9570-05a3dfc113ab
  6. My computer is not allowing me to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is not allowing me to sign in: Out of nowhere whenever I try to log onto my computer it tells me “You can’t sign in to your device right now. Try a different sign in method” so I try to use the only other sign in option finger print scanner and the doesn’t work and hasn’t for months. On top of that...
  7. My computer is not allowing me to sign in

My computer is not allowing me to sign in: Out of nowhere whenever I try to log onto my computer it tells me “You can’t sign in to your device right now. Try a different sign in method” so I try to use the only other sign in option finger print scanner and the doesn’t work and hasn’t for months. On top of that...
  8. I restarted my computer, now I am not allowed to sign in.

I restarted my computer, now I am not allowed to sign in.: So this evening I decided to restart my personal windows 10 computer and upon restarting I cannot login. I try to enter my pin and it says "Your credentials could not be verified."Okay, no problem I thought. I hit "OK" and the next message reads, "something went wrong and...
  9. I restarted my computer, now I am not allowed to sign in.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I restarted my computer, now I am not allowed to sign in.: So this evening I decided to restart my personal windows 10 computer and upon restarting I cannot login. I try to enter my pin and it says "Your credentials could not be verified."Okay, no problem I thought. I hit "OK" and the next message reads, "something went wrong and...
  10. My computer restarts constantly. When I am using my computer for no reason it is restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer restarts constantly. When I am using my computer for no reason it is restarting: My computer restarts constantly. When I am using my computer for no reason it is restarting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-restarts-constantly-when-i-am-using-my/57bb4177-8f96-43dd-9e96-3138c88a2bfa