Windows 10: I restarted my device and the screen said it was finishing updating and there was no...

Discus and support I restarted my device and the screen said it was finishing updating and there was no... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I restarted my device and got the screen saying that it was almost done updating yet I was not told that it would update and nothing appears under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by E_M_A, Oct 14, 2020.

1. E_M_A Win User

I restarted my device and the screen said it was finishing updating and there was no...

I restarted my device and got the screen saying that it was almost done updating yet I was not told that it would update and nothing appears under update history. any help?

:)

E_M_A, Oct 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 14, 2020
  3. equoox Win User
    2019-04 Cumulative Update KB4495667 stuck in restart to finish

My Pc runs Windows 10 Home 64 Bit v 1809

I noticed that Windows Update has had indigestion with the latest Cumulative Update (2019-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 v 1809 for x 64 bases systems KB4495667) which is stuck Requiring a restart to finish installing.

I have restarted several times with no luck.

Have also run the Trouble Shooter which could not identify the problem.

I then checked for updates in case it would offer it again, but all that was listed was 2019-02 Cumulative Update for NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 KB4486553 which has Successfully installed.

KB4495667 still refusing to do so.

I restarted my device and the screen said it was finishing updating and there was no... [​IMG]

I have downloaded it from from the Windows Update Catalogue ... file windows10.0-kb4495667-x64_a0713c961b994da102ee4a300d2f571ec567af20.msu

What is the safest thing to do now, do I just double click to install it?

I am no computer expert so will need easy to follow steps.

equoox, Oct 14, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

I restarted my device and the screen said it was finishing updating and there was no...

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I restarted my device and the screen said it was finishing updating and there was no... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

1. I restarted my device and the screen said it was finishing updating and there was no... - Similar Threads - restarted device screen

2. "To finish updating, restart Microsoft Edge." in a loop!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "To finish updating, restart Microsoft Edge." in a loop!: My updated 64-bit W10 Pro.'s 64-bit Edge v122.0.2365.80 won't upgrade to v123. Everytime I restart Edge from the update, it quickly say the same thing at edge://settings/help screen. I rebooted W10 too.What's wrong? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :...
  3. "To finish updating, restart Microsoft Edge." in a loop!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "To finish updating, restart Microsoft Edge." in a loop!: My updated 64-bit W10 Pro.'s 64-bit Edge v122.0.2365.80 won't upgrade to v123. Everytime I restart Edge from the update, it quickly say the same thing at edge://settings/help screen. I rebooted W10 too.What's wrong? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :...
  4. Screen froze an upond restarting monitor it said no connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen froze an upond restarting monitor it said no connection: I was writing code in PopSQL and when compile the code my computer froze. I tried turning my monitor on and off again to see if it was hopefully not the PC but upon turing my monitor back on it said it was getting no input. I switched the HDMI from my graphics card to my...
  5. Update never finish but it will continue on restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update never finish but it will continue on restarting: My update runs forever and never finish. It will restart my computer multiple times and will not stop until I force shutdown my computer. I need my computer for my work so I need to finish it but as soon I check my settings the update never install. I need some Microsoft to...
  6. Update never finish but it will continue on restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update never finish but it will continue on restarting: My update runs forever and never finish. It will restart my computer multiple times and will not stop until I force shutdown my computer. I need my computer for my work so I need to finish it but as soon I check my settings the update never install. I need some Microsoft to...
  7. Update never finish but it will continue on restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I had finished updating my drivers and on the restart, it got stuck on this loading screen....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I had finished updating my drivers and on the restart, it got stuck on this loading screen....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Obiturbi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h0kbk1/i_had_finished_updating_my_drivers_and_on_the/
  9. Keep getting "restart to finish setting up devices"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep getting "restart to finish setting up devices": I just got a new Surface Book 2 (15 inch, i7, GTX1060). Took quite a while to install all the updates (including 1803), and now I keep getting an alert every time I turn on that asks me to restart the computer to finish setting up devices. The device manager shows the...
  10. Can not restart to finish Windows Update install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not restart to finish Windows Update install: As the picture shows, the restart for pending updates is not available. Can not manually restart the machine either, ( the changes won't apply) Any help is appreciated. I am in desperate right now, this thing is so annoying. \ [ATTACH]...