Windows 10: I restore my computer now i can not update the window from 8 to 10

Discus and support I restore my computer now i can not update the window from 8 to 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer was misbehaving so i reboot and restore, Now the window 8 is runing but i can not update this window 8 into a higher version.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BALWANT SONI, Jan 24, 2023.

1. I restore my computer now i can not update the window from 8 to 10

My computer was misbehaving so i reboot and restore, Now the window 8 is runing but i can not update this window 8 into a higher version.

:)

BALWANT SONI, Jan 24, 2023
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 24, 2023
  3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jan 24, 2023
  4. Nordic Win User

I restore my computer now i can not update the window from 8 to 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

I restore my computer now i can not update the window from 8 to 10

1. I restore my computer now i can not update the window from 8 to 10 - Similar Threads - restore computer update

2. Can I install windows 10 on my computer that runs windows 8?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install windows 10 on my computer that runs windows 8?: Hello,I had to reboot an old computer to factory settings and it reverted back to Windows 8. I tried updating it to windows 10 and the error message "0x80072f8f-0x20000" keeps coming up. Some forums suggest to update first to Windows 8.1 but this is no longer available. Is it...
  3. Can I install windows 10 on my computer that runs windows 8?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I install windows 10 on my computer that runs windows 8?: Hello,I had to reboot an old computer to factory settings and it reverted back to Windows 8. I tried updating it to windows 10 and the error message "0x80072f8f-0x20000" keeps coming up. Some forums suggest to update first to Windows 8.1 but this is no longer available. Is it...
  4. I restore my computer now i can not update the window from 8 to 10

I restore my computer now i can not update the window from 8 to 10: My computer was misbehaving so i reboot and restore, Now the window 8 is runing but i can not update this window 8 into a higher version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-restore-my-computer-now-i-can-not-update-the/bad16ff7-e828-4965-87e3-9c9029f4d56b
  5. I restore my computer now i can not update the window from 8 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I restore my computer now i can not update the window from 8 to 10: My computer was misbehaving so i reboot and restore, Now the window 8 is runing but i can not update this window 8 into a higher version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-restore-my-computer-now-i-can-not-update-the/bad16ff7-e828-4965-87e3-9c9029f4d56b
  6. how can i update my windows 8 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i update my windows 8 to windows 10: Split from this thread. how can i update my windows 8 to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-update-my-windows-8-to-windows-10/f799c5dc-95a1-4cc9-823c-9569d83986f7
  7. how can i update my windows 8 to windows 10

how can i update my windows 8 to windows 10: Split from this thread. how can i update my windows 8 to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-update-my-windows-8-to-windows-10/f799c5dc-95a1-4cc9-823c-9569d83986f7
  8. how can i update my windows 8 to windows 10

9. How can I update from Windows 8 to Windows 10 for FREE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I update from Windows 8 to Windows 10 for FREE: On May 26, 2022 my PC was installed new 9 years ago with Windows 8 which I upgraded to Windows 8.1, and for whatever unknown reason Windows 8.1 failed to operate, so I used Refresh and Recovery. It now works with Windows 8 but Internet explorer and Google Chrome fails to...
  10. How can I update from Windows 8 to Windows 10 for FREE

How can I update from Windows 8 to Windows 10 for FREE: On May 26, 2022 my PC was installed new 9 years ago with Windows 8 which I upgraded to Windows 8.1, and for whatever unknown reason Windows 8.1 failed to operate, so I used Refresh and Recovery. It now works with Windows 8 but Internet explorer and Google Chrome fails to...