Windows 10: I rolled back an update that broke my PC, can somebody help me disable updates so my PC...

Discus and support I rolled back an update that broke my PC, can somebody help me disable updates so my PC... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I managed to roll back a problematic feature update that made it impossible to do school work or play games. Just this morning I get a prompt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Just_One1, Sep 24, 2020.

1. I rolled back an update that broke my PC, can somebody help me disable updates so my PC...

Hello! I managed to roll back a problematic feature update that made it impossible to do school work or play games. Just this morning I get a prompt asking me to pick a time to reinstall it.

If somebody could help me permanently disable this update, or feature updates, it would be appreciated. Even all updates at this point if that’s what it takes. I understand the importance of updates for security reasons, but if I can’t have a functional computer, there’s simply no point.

submitted by /u/Just_One1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Just_One1, Sep 24, 2020

2. Update Broke Computer Need Help!

I don't think I ever did a clean install, when I upgraded I'm certain I did it in the way I could keep my games and personal files.

Also here is my pc from the msinfo32

I rolled back an update that broke my PC, can somebody help me disable updates so my PC... [​IMG]

I can't run anything in terms of Windows 10 install, it just doesn't open or load. So I can't do either procedures you listed.

RandomTurtle, Sep 24, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Update Broke Computer Need Help!

Windows 10 Upgrade
    According to this list, your PC isn't on Acer's approved list for Win 10. Could you check that?

This is an older PC which came with Win 7. Have you ever clean installed Win 10 on it?

• AMD Athlon II X2 255 Dual Core Processor
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • 2GB DDR3 RAM
    • 320GB HDD
    • DVD Rewriter
    • Integrated Graphics
    • PS.VB1E3.082

We can only proceed step by step.

So chkdsk and SFC /Scannow are ok. But any attempt to reset your PC or run DISM fails.

Is this what you tried? I'm not 100% clear what the above means. Clean install or this procedure?
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

If you tried this, it's possible it failed as you need (it seems) some 500Mb of unallocated space on your hard disk.

dalchina, Sep 24, 2020
  4. I rolled back an update that broke my PC, can somebody help me disable updates so my PC...

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

I rolled back an update that broke my PC, can somebody help me disable updates so my PC...

1. I rolled back an update that broke my PC, can somebody help me disable updates so my PC... - Similar Threads - rolled update broke

2. Windows Update Broke my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Broke my PC: I recently updated my HP laptop and after turning it back on, I could not access the start menu, settings, or any of the apps that came with the laptop. It also says that the BUILT-IN speakers, mic, and camera are nonexistent. I have had to reschedule job interviews because...
  3. Windows update broke my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update broke my pc: I was about to start gaming when Windows 10 asked to restart to do an update. As soon as I clicked restart, the PC shut down as normal, but when my PC booted back up, the display no longer worked, nor do the lights appear on my mouse anymore. I tried all of the common fixes...
  4. My pc broke after a update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc broke after a update: Hello,30 minutes ago I started a new windows update it took a while but then it reached 70 percent processing completion and then it stoped now I‘m in recovery options I tried deinstalling the update but that didn‘t work debug mode didn‘t work either now I don‘t have a clue...
  5. Can Somebody Help Me With My WiFi?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Somebody Help Me With My WiFi?: Hi! So about a month back, the connection on my computer began growing increasingly unstable with the ping constantly spiking into the hundreds and even thousands. The thing is, it is only with this one computer, my girlfriend's laptop works just fine even in the same room...
  6. New Update Broke My PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Update Broke My PC: Hello,Recently when I was gonna turn off my pc, I noticed I had an update, so I choose the option "update and shut down", the PC restarted and now every time I try to shut it down it just won't, it keeps saying shutting down and won't do anything another issue now I have is...
  7. Update broke my PC

Update broke my PC: The mouse cursor is affected, it moves on its own, opens files without my participation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-broke-my-pc/a732bcc2-241d-4889-9b9f-8d814df1f615
  8. Update broke computer, unable to roll back

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update broke computer, unable to roll back: Today, I updated my computer. The update made me unable to login. I know how I am supposed to be able to roll back the update: Boot into recovery mode, then select uninstall update. However, it asks for my Microsoft Account password to do that. When I provide the password,...
  9. Can somebody help me with my rewards

Can somebody help me with my rewards: This morning I use some of my rewards points for 100 mins for Skype but Microsoft has not given me my free mins yet. How can I contract Microsoft so I can ask them how my free mins. I also have one more question for everyone. I was trying today to reset my pc back to the...
  10. Windows update broke pc help me

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update broke pc help me: I have a dell destop computer that is recently bought, yesterday i was updating windows and after the update was done i tried to reopen my computer. This didnt work and now the computer is loading forever. I let it load for the entire day and nothing happened. I cant get into...