Windows 10: I rolled back to 1803. How often does Windows Update check for updates

Discus and support I rolled back to 1803. How often does Windows Update check for updates in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, How often does Windows Update normally check for updates? Due to the 1809 problems I rolled back yesterday to 1803. As soon as 1803 was put back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sportsfan148, Oct 9, 2018.

1. I rolled back to 1803. How often does Windows Update check for updates

Hi, How often does Windows Update normally check for updates?
    Due to the 1809 problems I rolled back yesterday to 1803. As soon as 1803 was put back on my PC the latest Windows Defender update was also updated a couple of minutes later. Also a few other Windows Apps were also successfully updated at the same time. Ive just left Windows Update to do its own thing since 6 pm last night. Ive just checked again and no further updates at all have been done. This is unusual..theres usually at least a Windows Defender update. Ive just rechecked Update and Security and it still says.."You're up to date. Last checked yesterday at 6 pm"..which was immediately after the Roll Back to 1803. So according to that it hasn't checked for Windows Updates at all since.
    I realise I can click on Check for Updates manually but Im trying to just let Windows Update do its own thing in case it manually tries to redownload the problematic 1809 again

:)

sportsfan148, Oct 9, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 9, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Microsoft Rolls Out Windows 10 April 2018 Update (build 1803)

Any Office365 users here? Does Outlook (or any Office app for that matter) request activation after each system restart post this Windows 1803 update?

btarunr, Oct 9, 2018
  4. erixx Win User

I rolled back to 1803. How often does Windows Update check for updates

Microsoft Rolls Out Windows 10 April 2018 Update (build 1803)

YEP!
    Or well, not activation but after updating it asks me every lauch for my college or enterprise outlook account, which I do not have, just personal account. I had to repair Office.

erixx, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

I rolled back to 1803. How often does Windows Update check for updates

1. I rolled back to 1803. How often does Windows Update check for updates - Similar Threads - rolled 1803 often

2. Updating 1803 > 20H2 - Stuck at 86% and then rolling back x3 attempts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating 1803 > 20H2 - Stuck at 86% and then rolling back x3 attempts: Hi, I've tried a few times to update my parents fairly new PC Win10Pro on 1803. Even gone so far as to try: Manually setting attributes of “system 32\catroot” folder and the files within it Stop the Windows Update Service wuauserv, Cryptographic services CryptServ, and...
  3. Update Won't Roll Back

Update Won't Roll Back: Patch Tuesday was 2 days ago. This morning, when I rebooted, something had trashed my desktop, 2 email programs, Word, most of my startups, etc. I assume this was Windows Update but can't be sure. Win is now Version 1903 (Build 18362.1082); was 1903 but I don't know what...
  4. Roll back Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Roll back Windows 10 update: I don't know if there was one last night, but I think there was. Now half my games won't load, my microphone won't work and Chrome setup itself to bing, which it's never done before, and I don't know why else than a windows update it would. almost all of my stuff is broken,...
  5. how often does windows automatically check for updates?

how often does windows automatically check for updates?: hi can anyone tell how often windows automatically checks for updates(last check was yesterday at about 21:30 gmt I'm nervous of clicking check for updates as i read its recommended you don't...
  6. How do I remove update files since rolling back from 1809 to 1803

How do I remove update files since rolling back from 1809 to 1803: Hi I had to roll back to 1803 from 1809 because of bluetooth and brightness isuues. My 'C' drive has now increased from 72gb to 93gb which I presume is due to the 1809 update. I have looked at Disk Clean Up and System File Clean up and it does not show that quantity of files....
  7. I rolled back to 1803. How often does Windows Update check for updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I rolled back to 1803. How often does Windows Update check for updates: Hi, How often does Windows Update normally check for updates? Due to the 1809 problems I rolled back yesterday to 1803. As soon as 1803 was put back on my PC the latest Windows Defender update was also updated a couple of minutes later. Also a few other Windows Apps were...
  8. Should I roll-back to 1803?

Should I roll-back to 1803?: I recently updated my Windows Laptop to 1809 but did not lose any data. Should I keep 1809 or should I go back to 1803, in case there is any risk to my data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-roll-back-to-1803/e185433c-2d28-4141-b52d-6f5804913f7b
  9. 1803: Is Windows Update automatically checking for updates?

1803: Is Windows Update automatically checking for updates?: Previously, in version 1709, Windows Update would check for updates every time I turned on my pc. Since it was upgraded to version 1803 it seems to have stopped doing that. [img] It is no longer saying that updates will be installed automatically. When I click on Advanced...
  10. How to update after rolling back

How to update after rolling back: So I rolled back the 393 build to the 372 build. Windows is smart enough to not re-update me to 393 when Windows check for updates. There should be a check box or something to allow the update. So now I want to go to 393 again but WU is not seeing it. How do I force it ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1803 update does appear in checking for updates

2. how to redownload windows 10 update 1809 after rolling to 1803