Windows 10: I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...

Discus and support I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I followed a thread that's closed and DaveM121 gave an answer that makes sense to me and that I've confirmed--however, I don't see the two registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SueWatson2, Jan 19, 2022.

1. I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...

I followed a thread that's closed and DaveM121 gave an answer that makes sense to me and that I've confirmed--however, I don't see the two registry changes that I could make to remedy this. Can anyone help? My registry is attached. Here is the posting from DaveM121 that got me started on this path--but this is as far as I've gotten. It isn't just My Documents, it's Pictures, Music and Desktop as well.Thank you for any help anyone can give. I do appreciate it!

:)

SueWatson2, Jan 19, 2022
  2. Dia01 Win User

My Documents Files - Deleted?

Thanks for the reply though my drive letter is actually F:\ and does not show a Data folder. When I click on the shortcut it takes me straight to my (administrators name)/Documents, so the link is correct. Not sure what happened.

Dia01, Jan 19, 2022
  3. IggSter Win User
    My Documents Files - Deleted?

I have a PC where I have moved My Docs away from my C: to my E: so i can perhaps suggest a few things to check.

1. The documents and settings folder will still be present on your C: (although unused)
    2. My Documents on my E: is shown as E:\Data (do you have a similar directory)
    3. Is your missing data in this \Data folder if it exists?
    4. If you click the My Documents shortcut does it take you to the default C:\doc and settings\blah blah, or does it take you to the \Data folder?

Ive had a similar issue with an application resetting the My Docs path back to its orig location and in essence orphaning the My Docs on my E:

IggSter, Jan 19, 2022
  4. BobZolto Win User

I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...

Unable to Save to Documents Folder

I was able to removed Everyone from the Users Doc folder, so it now lists only SYSTEM, My MA and Administrators. Still can't save to the Documents folder in File Explorer.

BobZolto, Jan 19, 2022
Thema:

I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...

1. I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder... - Similar Threads - save docs Documents

2. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  3. Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...: At first, I accidentally moved the Documents folder to the root drive folder E:/ and I moved it back by restoring registry files to their defaults.Now I correctly made a Documents folder E:/Documents and moved the folder there. However, while I can access the folder from the...
  4. Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...: At first, I accidentally moved the Documents folder to the root drive folder E:/ and I moved it back by restoring registry files to their defaults.Now I correctly made a Documents folder E:/Documents and moved the folder there. However, while I can access the folder from the...
  5. I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...: I followed a thread that's closed and DaveM121 gave an answer that makes sense to me and that I've confirmed--however, I don't see the two registry changes that I could make to remedy this. Can anyone help? My registry is attached. Here is the posting from DaveM121 that got...
  6. I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...: I followed a thread that's closed and DaveM121 gave an answer that makes sense to me and that I've confirmed--however, I don't see the two registry changes that I could make to remedy this. Can anyone help? My registry is attached. Here is the posting from DaveM121 that got...
  7. Documents Folder is missing in C drive.

Documents Folder is missing in C drive.: I've been trying to install some mods onto a game on my laptop all day to no avail. I realized that my documents folder isn't in my c drive and I have tried registry, and copy and paste the folder in and nothing works. I haven't backed up my laptop before, so that isn't an...
  8. Document Folder Not Saving

in Windows 10 Customization
    Document Folder Not Saving: Hey everyone. If you got problem like your game can't make new folder in document's i find a quick fix. Right click documents destination and just destination of the folder Fixed :...
  9. Where is my 'documents' folder saved?

Where is my 'documents' folder saved?: On file explorer my 'documents' folder doesn't seem to be in Windows C: or Data D:, it looks like it's separate from both. Also when I look at both disks with TreeSize it shows no evidence of a documents folder, but when I view storage via the computer's settings it says...
  10. Saving email to document folder

in Browsers and Email
    Saving email to document folder: Is there a way to do this in Windows 10 mail like in Windows Essentials 2012? i.e. right click and save to documents or desktop etc.. 25601