Windows 10: I saved too many items on my desktop that they can't be displayed

Discus and support I saved too many items on my desktop that they can't be displayed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I unzipped an album (link to album [FREE MEGA-ALBUM] 30 Tracks | F-777) that contained 30 songs and when i unzipped it they were all saved to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by plszmr, Sep 3, 2016.

1. plszmr Win User

I saved too many items on my desktop that they can't be displayed

I unzipped an album (link to album [FREE MEGA-ALBUM] 30 Tracks | F-777) that contained 30 songs and when i unzipped it they were all saved to my desktop and i had a very crowded desktop that not all of them could be seen i tried moving word docs to folders so they be more room but i still cant see those songs what do i do in order to be able to see them

:)

plszmr, Sep 3, 2016

2. Weird problems surrounding explorer.exe

Nothing like that helped. The easiest and sloppiest solution was the one that worked.

Guess what was causing it: too many items on the desktop. Despite having "do not show icons of desktop", I assume it kept trying to "re-fit" them as I moved the taskbar, causing in a crash on explorer.exe, saving into the desktop taking ages, creating new document
    in desktop taking ages too. It was just "too many items". But nowhere it said: hey you have too many items and we do stuff in the background that might slow explorer to the point of crashing without recovery.

Pretty bad issue, wouldn't you say?

blitzcloud, Sep 3, 2016
  3. I have MLB.TV and they say it can't be displayed on Windows Phone because the OS does not support live streaming video. Is this correct?

Hi timtim5858,

It's not that Windows Phone does not support live streaming; it is probably more how their website checks for certain OS versions and if Windows Phone is not in their list (whomever created their streaming site), then it will come back as not supported.

I have streamed videos to my device using apps and via the web where the stream simply opens up in my device's Zune player.

I have also had to contact sites before and request their code be updated to check for Windows Phone, since it uses streaming codecs "similar" to Windows PCs.

What happens when you try to view MLB.TV on your PC, where does this video appear? If in your browser, is it a Flash video? If Flash, Adobe never made a Flash player for Windows Phone and have actually cancelled all their mobile products.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Sep 3, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Hi and welcome.

The desktop isn't really meant to be a place for storing items. Its only meant to be used as a temporary place and for your shortcuts.

You can access desktop by going to C:\Users\<account>\Desktop in file explorer.

swarfega, Sep 3, 2016
Thema:

1. I saved too many items on my desktop that they can't be displayed - Similar Threads - saved too many

2. Extracted too many files on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extracted too many files on desktop: Basically while I wasn't paying attention I extracted all files onto my desktop and now my screen goes black every other time I click and can't open any applications....
  3. Extracted too many files on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extracted too many files on desktop: Basically while I wasn't paying attention I extracted all files onto my desktop and now my screen goes black every other time I click and can't open any applications....
  4. Extracted too many files on desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. extracted too many rar files in desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    extracted too many rar files in desktop: ok so basically i extracted a rar file with my win rar and without noticing i extracted on my desktop now my desktop is completely blank and i also have access to apps and i also don't have any system restore point pls help me or my father will beat me...
  6. extracted too many rar files in desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    extracted too many rar files in desktop: ok so basically i extracted a rar file with my win rar and without noticing i extracted on my desktop now my desktop is completely blank and i also have access to apps and i also don't have any system restore point pls help me or my father will beat me...
  7. Desktop New shortcut too many items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop New shortcut too many items: Hi,After I have updated my laptop the desktop New is showing too many options. Like I have DOC document, Microsoft Word Macro-Enabled Document, DOCX Document... and so on I just want WORD DOCUMENT only.Could you guys please help me fix this issue. I have attached a photo to...
  8. Saving problem. Asking to save a file too many times.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving problem. Asking to save a file too many times.: My PC is asking to save a file too many times in MS Word 2007 and in Paint. What to do ?Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-problem-asking-to-save-a-file-too-many/5a3a0889-c281-4753-8c44-6d3c42d0d740
  9. I do not see saved items on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    I do not see saved items on my desktop: Hi all, A few days ago, I put my laptop back to the factory settings, and since then, I have a weird issue. For example: when I want to save a Word file or anything else! on my computer I select to save it on my desktop. However, it never appears on my actual desktop. When...
  10. Do I have too many Icons on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Do I have too many Icons on my desktop?: I have been having problems with my Desktop recently, I often cannot open folders or launch apps from it and the busy spinning circle keeps running. I normally do not often launch files either from Start or the Taskbar but have now seen that apps will launch OK from both,...