Windows 10: I saved too many items on my desktop that they can't be displayed

Discus and support I saved too many items on my desktop that they can't be displayed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I unzipped an album (link to album [FREE MEGA-ALBUM] 30 Tracks | F-777) that contained 30 songs and when i unzipped it they were all saved to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by plszmr, Sep 3, 2016.

1. plszmr Win User

I saved too many items on my desktop that they can't be displayed

I unzipped an album (link to album [FREE MEGA-ALBUM] 30 Tracks | F-777) that contained 30 songs and when i unzipped it they were all saved to my desktop and i had a very crowded desktop that not all of them could be seen i tried moving word docs to folders so they be more room but i still cant see those songs what do i do in order to be able to see them

:)

plszmr, Sep 3, 2016

2. Weird problems surrounding explorer.exe

Nothing like that helped. The easiest and sloppiest solution was the one that worked.

Guess what was causing it: too many items on the desktop. Despite having "do not show icons of desktop", I assume it kept trying to "re-fit" them as I moved the taskbar, causing in a crash on explorer.exe, saving into the desktop taking ages, creating new document
    in desktop taking ages too. It was just "too many items". But nowhere it said: hey you have too many items and we do stuff in the background that might slow explorer to the point of crashing without recovery.

Pretty bad issue, wouldn't you say?

blitzcloud, Sep 3, 2016
  3. I have MLB.TV and they say it can't be displayed on Windows Phone because the OS does not support live streaming video. Is this correct?

Hi timtim5858,

It's not that Windows Phone does not support live streaming; it is probably more how their website checks for certain OS versions and if Windows Phone is not in their list (whomever created their streaming site), then it will come back as not supported.

I have streamed videos to my device using apps and via the web where the stream simply opens up in my device's Zune player.

I have also had to contact sites before and request their code be updated to check for Windows Phone, since it uses streaming codecs "similar" to Windows PCs.

What happens when you try to view MLB.TV on your PC, where does this video appear? If in your browser, is it a Flash video? If Flash, Adobe never made a Flash player for Windows Phone and have actually cancelled all their mobile products.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Sep 3, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Hi and welcome.

The desktop isn't really meant to be a place for storing items. Its only meant to be used as a temporary place and for your shortcuts.

You can access desktop by going to C:\Users\<account>\Desktop in file explorer.

swarfega, Sep 3, 2016
Thema:

1. I saved too many items on my desktop that they can't be displayed - Similar Threads - saved too many

2. Too many printers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Too many printers.: I have 1 networked printer. Windows 10 devices and printers is showing 7 printers. Why is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-printers/26a46faa-ad3e-457e-aae7-c649d33dc508
  3. Too many background apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too many background apps: Split from this thread. Too many background apps[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-background-apps/a3d63ca6-881d-4c0c-9170-9169761face3
  4. Can't Save to Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Save to Desktop: Windows 10 Professional: I am suddenly experiencing a problem I have never seen before. With two important programmes - Texpad and Junior Icon Editor - I am unable to save my work to the Desktop or into a folder on the Desktop. When hitting the 'Save as' button I get the...
  5. I can't adjust my computer to adapt to my display (too zoomed in).

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't adjust my computer to adapt to my display (too zoomed in).: Hello everyone, I am having troubles with adjusting my screens to adapt to each other. I have the same resolution on my computer screen as well as on my computer, but certain things are way to zoomed in. What is the problem? 94056
  6. too many partitions on disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    too many partitions on disk: My Windows 10 is an upgrade to my SSD Drive 0. It now has 7 partitions none of which I created. (picture at http://imgur.com/a/edymi) Partition 1 -:/ 300 MB healthy (recovery partition) Partition 2 -:/ 260 MB healthy (EFI system partition) Partition 3 f:/ 6.35GB healthy...
  7. BSOD's too many to count!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD's too many to count!!: Hi, this issue started when i installed a graphics card on windows seven and is probably driver related. originally i would regularly get "irql equal to or less" but that seemed to only happen on certain things like itv player and some games. i took out the graphics and...
  8. Missing Items On My Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Items On My Desktop: When I save something to my desktop it doesn't appear there, but it does appear in C:\Users\\desktop. How can I sort this out so that items I save to my desktop actually appear there? 101647
  9. Can I customize how many items of a thread are displayed at a time?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I customize how many items of a thread are displayed at a time?: A thread that I was looking at showed selection for page 1 and page 2. I'd like to see the entire thread at once. Is there a way to do this? [img] 106335
  10. Too many Recovery Partitions???

in Windows 10 Support
    Too many Recovery Partitions???: Does this look odd to anyone? Should I have this many partitions? Especially 3 Recovery Partitions......can I get rid of them and how do I know which one and do it safely? *Sleepy 78988