Windows 10: I saw my sticky notes were disappearing one by one in front of my eyes.

Discus and support I saw my sticky notes were disappearing one by one in front of my eyes. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Before this issue happened, I haven't run the sticky notes for more than couple of months. Yesterday I ran the sticky note and then for a few seconds I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Wanchae Jung, Jul 14, 2021.

1. I saw my sticky notes were disappearing one by one in front of my eyes.

Before this issue happened, I haven't run the sticky notes for more than couple of months. Yesterday I ran the sticky note and then for a few seconds I saw all my notes were there but suddenly the notes started to disappear one by one and only few notes left.I suspect this issue should be related to synchronization with any server but couldn't find any clues or helps here.Can anybody advise on this issue? I really need those important notes back...

:)

Wanchae Jung, Jul 14, 2021

2. Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Jul 14, 2021
  3. Rick2021 Win User
    Sticky Notes

Hi there,

I can understand the frustration - let's see if we can fix this for you!

Let's try a couple of steps:

Step 1: Recover Missing Sticky Notes from the File Location

When you accidentally delete a sticky note, the app data is still there. We can restore deleted sticky notes from a StickyNotes.snt file.

Open File Explorer on Windows, navigate to C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes.

Find and right click on StickyNotes.snt file.

Select Restore Previous Versions.

Step 2: Recover Closed Sticky Notes from All Notes.

Open Sticky Notes app.

Right click on Sticky Notes app on Task bar, then choose All notes.

A full list of notes will appear, including the one that you closed.

Double click the note that you want to recover, then it will display as a standalone note like all regular ones.

The above was copied verbatim from this link:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Rick2021, Jul 14, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

I saw my sticky notes were disappearing one by one in front of my eyes.

sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

I saw my sticky notes were disappearing one by one in front of my eyes.

1. I saw my sticky notes were disappearing one by one in front of my eyes. - Similar Threads - saw sticky notes

2. I accidentally deleted one of my sticky note.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally deleted one of my sticky note.: I tried finding sticky notes folder in appdata>local>microsoft but it is not there.I tried the plum file but didn't help. And the worst thing I wasn't signed up at that time....
  3. I accidentally deleted one of my sticky note.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted one of my sticky note.: I tried finding sticky notes folder in appdata>local>microsoft but it is not there.I tried the plum file but didn't help. And the worst thing I wasn't signed up at that time....
  4. I accidentally deleted one of my sticky note.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. One specific Sticky Note crashes program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One specific Sticky Note crashes program: So I've have one specific sticky note, the one that im always using, that suddenly just wont open.Everytime I try to open it, it simply crashes the Sticky Notes program, and I have to reset it under "App & Functions".I've also tried reinstalling it and logging in and out of...
  6. One specific Sticky Note crashes program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One specific Sticky Note crashes program: So I've have one specific sticky note, the one that im always using, that suddenly just wont open.Everytime I try to open it, it simply crashes the Sticky Notes program, and I have to reset it under "App & Functions".I've also tried reinstalling it and logging in and out of...
  7. Sticky notes disappeared

Sticky notes disappeared: After I ended the sticky notes process and I restarted, all of my sticky notes disappeared from my notes list. I restarted again and two of my notes reappeared. Why might only two of my notes have reappeared I had several and how can I make all of them come back? I did find...
  8. One note notes disappeared

in Microsoft Office and 365
    One note notes disappeared: All of a sudden my One note notes are gone. When I access One note ny notebook "Allan's Notebook" is there. When I click on it the contents image appears ever so briefly and disappears. I had a lot if important notes in it. The backup folder in One drive shows nothing. All I...
  9. sticky notes disappeared

sticky notes disappeared: Half of my sticky notes are missing. Just the other day-they were all present. How do I retrieve the other notes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-disappeared/21f2108b-540f-4ab3-98fc-155e256d6de8"
  10. Sticky Notes Disappearing

Sticky Notes Disappearing: Sometimes sticky notes disappear for no apparent reason. I thought I had lost all my sticky note data with the latest update, however, I found that by clicking settings in the sticky note window, I was able to load the data from the Microsoft cloud (had to log in first). It...