Windows 10: I saw windows icon for update , i clicked on it and it opens up a window , it Downloaded...

Discus and support I saw windows icon for update , i clicked on it and it opens up a window , it Downloaded... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; (I don't want to lose data) submitted by /u/varanofficial [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/varanofficial, Aug 1, 2020.

1. I saw windows icon for update , i clicked on it and it opens up a window , it Downloaded...

/u/varanofficial, Aug 1, 2020
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I saw windows icon for update , i clicked on it and it opens up a window , it Downloaded...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

I saw windows icon for update , i clicked on it and it opens up a window , it Downloaded...

1. I saw windows icon for update , i clicked on it and it opens up a window , it Downloaded... - Similar Threads - saw icon update

2. I click download in windows update and nothing happens?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I click download in windows update and nothing happens?: So lately, my computer was slow so I updated it but now it says its ready for download and I can't even download it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-click-download-in-windows-update-and-nothing/4b995430-493b-4174-9bcc-8d5dd0455819
  3. I click download in windows update and nothing happens?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I click download in windows update and nothing happens?: So lately, my computer was slow so I updated it but now it says its ready for download and I can't even download it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-click-download-in-windows-update-and-nothing/4b995430-493b-4174-9bcc-8d5dd0455819
  4. I click download in windows update and nothing happens?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I accidentally clicked download windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally clicked download windows 11 update: I accidentally clicked download windows 11 update, But I have not installed it yet. My C drive storage is full because of the download. Now I want to delete those downloaded files. Is there any way to delete them and cancel the update?...
  6. I accidentally clicked download windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally clicked download windows 11 update: I accidentally clicked download windows 11 update, But I have not installed it yet. My C drive storage is full because of the download. Now I want to delete those downloaded files. Is there any way to delete them and cancel the update?...
  7. I accidentally clicked download windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Invisible icon that i cannot click that shows up over anything I open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invisible icon that i cannot click that shows up over anything I open.: [IMG] I was looking through my windows menu and accidentally pulled my Movies and TV icon onto the desktop and cannot seem to get rid of it. I cannot click or right click the icon, and it shows up over anything I open. Please help!!!...
  9. will not open up when I click icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    will not open up when I click icon: HP support assist will not stay open when i click on icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-open-up-when-i-click-icon/c385bde1-3838-4017-b238-7d48b71edfde
  10. Windows explorer opens every time I click a desktop icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows explorer opens every time I click a desktop icon: Since the last windows 10 Pro 64-bit upgrade about 10 days ago, every time that I click a desktop icon to open an app, windows explorer opens. Does anyone know of this problem and how to fix it, ie stop windows explorer opening automatically...