Windows 10: I searched Internet for reading view on IE11

Discus and support I searched Internet for reading view on IE11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I searched Internet for reading view on IE11. It says it has it but I can't see it. As I have found IE11 to be faster than chrome and Firefox. Does it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by hollyoaks777, Nov 4, 2015.

1. I searched Internet for reading view on IE11

I searched Internet for reading view on IE11. It says it has it but I can't see it. As I have found IE11 to be faster than chrome and Firefox. Does it have it? And if it does how do I enable it?

:)

hollyoaks777, Nov 4, 2015
  2. Jetta48 Win User

Silverlight download conflict

Hi

Are you using the new Microsoft Edge browser or IE11? If you are using Edge, it does not support Silverlight so switch to using IE11.

IE11 can be found by searching for Internet Explorer from the Search box at the bottom of the screen.

Tip - If you are in Edge and viewing a page that needs Silverlight, you can switch to Internet Explorer by selecting the 3 dots (...) near the top right then
    Open with Internet Explorer.

Also, in IE11's Manage add-ons section ensure that Silverlight is enabled.

Jetta48, Nov 4, 2015
  3. Jetta48 Win User
    I can't find my compatibility view settings in Windows 10

Hi

Many websites will work fine with Edge. If you are having problems viewing a website using Edge switch to IE11 by selecting (in Edge) the 3 dots (...) near the top right then
    Open with Internet Explorer. If you are still having problems viewing the page with IE11, the Compatibility View settings (for IE) can be found in the same place as earlier IE versions:

Tools (Alt+X) ->Compatibility View settings.

IE11 in Windows 10 is provided for compatibility with older apps and some websites. You can of course use IE11 all the time and ignore Edge if you wish. To find IE11:

How
    to find Internet Explorer (IE) on Windows 10

Jetta48, Nov 4, 2015
  4. I searched Internet for reading view on IE11

I don't believe you can anymore

Reading view was in the Metro version of IE in Windows 8, this has now been removed in Win 10

paulsalter, Nov 4, 2015
  5. lx07 Win User
    There is reading view on Edge though....

lx07, Nov 4, 2015
  6. Yes I see that. Don't know why they haven't added it to 11.

hollyoaks777, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I searched Internet for reading view on IE11

1. I searched Internet for reading view on IE11 - Similar Threads - searched Internet reading

2. RE : IE11, Google search provider

in Browsers and Email
    RE : IE11, Google search provider: Just installed Win 10 1809 build 17763.348 2 new rows appear in my default IE11 with Google Search as my default provider ……….. [img] Although it is no big deal, I would like to get rid of them. P.S. I do not have another browser installed, just IE11, nor do I have...
  3. IE11 Read Mail in the command bar does not launch the default

in Windows 10 Support
    IE11 Read Mail in the command bar does not launch the default: In W10, IE11 the "Read Mail" button in the command bar does not launch the default email client. In the default programs my email program "The Bat! from Ritlabs" is set to be the default in settings. Yes, I'm using IE11 for now and would like this feature to work. Bob 124539
  4. sedlauncher.exe reading/viewing photos

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    sedlauncher.exe reading/viewing photos: Why does sedlauncher.exe need to view all my photos that are stored on a separate disk from the windows installation? What is being gathered by reading personal photos and being sent back to the windows servers? This is a gross invasion of privacy and surely must be breaking...
  5. ie11

in Browsers and Email
    ie11: I installed win10 preview 10162,everything fine until I noticed no bookmarks/favorites folder or I wasn't looking in the right places(s). On the start/all programs /windows accessories there was ie so I added it to the desktop clicked on it to preview my favorites and now I...
  6. A bit Geeky but read - IE11 on W7 Vs IE11 on W10

in Browsers and Email
    A bit Geeky but read - IE11 on W7 Vs IE11 on W10: Hi there This post might be a bit "Geeky" so skip if you aren't interested. I downloaded a FREE Laptop trial version of SAP (a great learning tool for perhaps one of the largest ERP companies out there) to test and learn a bit about the programming language used by SAP...
  7. IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?: Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either. I have...
  8. Google search results on IE11 fault

in Browsers and Email
    Google search results on IE11 fault: After doing a search with Google on IE11, when I click on one of the lower links in the web page displayed, it jumps to the top of the page and can't open the link I want. I know of several other persons who are experiencing the same problem. Anybody suggest any work...
  9. Windows edge reading view

in Browsers and Email
    Windows edge reading view: Can you set reading view as a default in windows edge? Don 8941
  10. search view not remembered

in Windows 10 Support
    search view not remembered: Hi, I've read a lot on this, but I don't find the solution. All my folder are set to "List" view. But when I search, the view is not list. I change it to list each time, but it only applies to current folder. How can I set "List" view for every search in every...