Windows 10: I see a lot of posts on Reddit about their computers taking hours to update. Yet my...

Discus and support I see a lot of posts on Reddit about their computers taking hours to update. Yet my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/SpatialPigeon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxqcjk/i_see_a_lot_of_posts_on_reddit_about_their/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SpatialPigeon, Nov 17, 2019.

1. I see a lot of posts on Reddit about their computers taking hours to update. Yet my...

/u/SpatialPigeon, Nov 17, 2019
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 startup takes several hours on two different computers

Hi Cerebral,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue usually occur due to the driver is out dated. Let’s try the simple steps and let us know the status. I would suggest you to update the Display driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps. Follow the below steps:

Step 1.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Display Adaptor”.

• Right click on the driver device and select
      update. Once update is done, restart the computer.
    Step 2.

Also I recommend you to update Keyboard driver. Try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press Windows Key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate for the Keyboard and expand it.

• Right click on the keyboard and click on
      updates.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

I see a lot of posts on Reddit about their computers taking hours to update. Yet my...

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

I see a lot of posts on Reddit about their computers taking hours to update. Yet my...

1. I see a lot of posts on Reddit about their computers taking hours to update. Yet my... - Similar Threads - lot posts Reddit

2. Computer taking several hours to POST.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer taking several hours to POST.: I have been having this issue for a while now. It all started once I began turning my PC off at night instead of leaving it on. I did it for a while, and something happened that led to my PC taking a bit longer than usual to post. At the time, I believe I was on windows 11...
  3. Computer taking several hours to POST.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer taking several hours to POST.: I have been having this issue for a while now. It all started once I began turning my PC off at night instead of leaving it on. I did it for a while, and something happened that led to my PC taking a bit longer than usual to post. At the time, I believe I was on windows 11...
  4. Computer taking several hours to POST.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Another post about updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Another post about updates: Is it worth installing the Intel firmware drivers that are under the optional list? What about the ones listed for my mouse (Razer HID) and Microsoft Wireless Router Module? Is there a way (and is it safe) to disable optional updates entirely? What about the Cumulative...
  6. Windows updates takes hours.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates takes hours.: Why can I install Windows, fresh about two times in the time it takes like a 600mb update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-takes-hours/9b7f176c-1623-4dd0-a1c5-f2ddef4214d3
  7. Yet another post about the controller position in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yet another post about the controller position in Windows 10: Hi Normally, the games doesn't care the controller position, but there's certain games that do care. One of them is the recent Trials of Mana. This game do need the gameplad in player 1 to use it. You can know the position with the leds in the gamepad or with programs as...
  8. i see ur post joan s about deskstop.ini

in Windows 10 Customization
    i see ur post joan s about deskstop.ini: i found what this what i use perfect uninstaller this prgoram are the best that fix it everything problem issue comes up. u got there find a problem and disable or delete.. this is awesome program and i went thru user gamer appdata start menu romaing program desktop.ini has...
  9. Update taking over an hour?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update taking over an hour?: Before I went to bed, I clicked to shut off my side computer (OS: Windows 10), and saw "Update and Shut down" as an option so I clicked that and went to bed. I woke up 8 hours later about 7pm, and I turned on my side computer and saw "Working on updates 0%". It has been over...
  10. Slow POST Time, Takes About 30sec

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow POST Time, Takes About 30sec: Hi, I have Ryzen 7 1700 paired with MSI X370 SLI Plus mainboard and I find time wasted to do POST is really annoying, it takes about 30 seconds before Windows logo appears. There's "EZ debug LED" on the mainboard and I noticed from power on, CPU LED lit about 10 seconds,...