Windows 10: I see a message "We need to fix your Microsoft Account", am I being Hacked?

Discus and support I see a message "We need to fix your Microsoft Account", am I being Hacked? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am getting Manage Notification telling me :we need to fix your Microsoft Account etc - go to Shared Experience Settings. Ultimately this leads to me... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ruggedrs, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Ruggedrs Win User

I see a message "We need to fix your Microsoft Account", am I being Hacked?

I am getting Manage Notification telling me :we need to fix your Microsoft Account etc - go to Shared Experience Settings. Ultimately this leads to me a Microsoft box showing an email address not mine - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***'. and asking for password because 'accessing sensitive detail'. Doesn't look like a Microsoft thing to me - anyone any advice?

[Original Title: Hacking?]

:)

Ruggedrs, Mar 27, 2021
  2. PP Mguire Win User

77000 Steam accounts hacked every month

Ironically I've had the same crappy password since I made my Steam when HL2 came out and never been hacked, but I've had my Origin account jacked twice with a much more complicated password. 2 step on Origin fixed this problem, but just thought it was kind of funny. I went with 2 step on Steam to be safe too.

PP Mguire, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Microsoft Account was hacked

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I’m sorry to hear that someone hacked into your Microsoft account.

I understand how frustrating this could be. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I would suggest you to click on the link below for steps to recover your account.

How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account

Sometimes, you may not receive any notifications if the two steps verification settings is turned off.

Please follow the instructions in the link below and make sure that the setting is turned on.

How to use two-step verification with your Microsoft account

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng1709, Mar 27, 2021
  4. tmm1225 Win User

Microsoft Account was hacked

Original Title: Accessed my account

How cans someone hack into my Microsoft account when I have the two step verification .. that can only be approved from my cell phone?

tmm1225, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

1. I see a message "We need to fix your Microsoft Account", am I being Hacked? - Similar Threads - message need fix

2. "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account" message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account" message: Every other login I get this message. It tells me to go to Shared experiences to "fix it." How do I get rid of this message for good? After I input my pin again, it then will say "all accounts are working correctly," and everything is working fine after that. How do I get rid...
  3. "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account" message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account" message: Every other login I get this message. It tells me to go to Shared experiences to "fix it." How do I get rid of this message for good? After I input my pin again, it then will say "all accounts are working correctly," and everything is working fine after that. How do I get rid...
  4. "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account" message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. we need to fix your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we need to fix your Microsoft account: I used to get this notification on Windows 10 - We need to fix your Microsoft account most likely you password changed. Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings. - It used to get fixed by entering my pin to the "fix now" button, and would only recur on a reboot.I...
  6. we need to fix your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    we need to fix your Microsoft account: I used to get this notification on Windows 10 - We need to fix your Microsoft account most likely you password changed. Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings. - It used to get fixed by entering my pin to the "fix now" button, and would only recur on a reboot.I...
  7. We need to fix your account

We need to fix your account: Myself, along with many others have long been plagued by this problem. 'We need to fix your Microsoft account'. There have been many suggestions for this, some seem to work, some don't. Surely this is a Microsoft problem so can they please 'fix' it....
  8. "Microsoft Account Problem" Message. "We Need to fix your Microsoft Accounts"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Microsoft Account Problem" Message. "We Need to fix your Microsoft Accounts": This message appears almost at every login, usually after I first enter my pin. It also tells me to go to Shared Experiences. There it says that "Some of your accounts require attention." I click "Fix now" and then I have to enter my pin again. I enter my pin and then it says...
  9. "We need to fix your Microsoft account"?

"We need to fix your Microsoft account"?: Every time I have been logged out like a router reset, I get this passive-aggressive "We need to fix your Microsoft account" message, every time I restart. I want that pestering to stop. And yes, I have long snce disabled "shared experienced" and such. It simply happens...
  10. We need to fix your Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    We need to fix your Microsoft Account: I have the following message come up on a day-day basis and the Microsoft Help desk or engineers seem unable to cure it. Can anyone help? Message reads "We need to fix your Microsoft Account most likely your password changed. Select here to fix in shared experiences...