Windows 10: I see squares over the app icons. What can I do ?

Discus and support I see squares over the app icons. What can I do ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I see squares over the app icons. What can I do ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ProthomPranto, May 3, 2019.

1. I see squares over the app icons. What can I do ?

I see squares over the app icons. What can I do ? d08f9b74-f676-4ed4-9887-f42cb726e860?upload=true.jpg

I see squares over the app icons. What can I do ?

:)

ProthomPranto, May 3, 2019
  2. Ravenas Win User

TechPowerUp App for iPhone Announced

Not that it matters, but I think the icon looks great. *Toast :toast:

Ravenas, May 3, 2019
  3. how do i reinstall Facebook's Windows phone App (red icon with widows icon. not blue square with the f)

Mike,

Thanks for your recommendations. I tired the first, several times but it didn't work.

I tried the second, but when I tried step 4

a) using the link you included generated the following error message (see below) and no amount of refreshing it would yeild a different result and the app didn't show up in my App list

Error

Sorry, the application you were using is misconfigured. Please try again later.

b) when I just typed in "windows phone" in the FB search bar and clicked on the App page (with the red square icon) I was still not prompted to install the app and it's still not in my app list.

I filled out the FB privacy issue report thing. Thanks for that link. No response from them yet.

ewanpkennedy, May 3, 2019
  4. INSTG8R Win User

TechPowerUp App for iPhone Announced

Hehe yeah no sharp edges..It still looks good.

INSTG8R, May 3, 2019
Thema:

1. I see squares over the app icons. What can I do ? - Similar Threads - squares app icons

2. Constant black square over desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant black square over desktop icons: Hello, I have 2 computers that are constantly facing the same exact issues. Everytime I boot them, my desktop icons have black squares on them. There are quick fixes I have found that just put a bandaid on the problem such as using disk cleanup to delete temporary files and...
  3. Constant black square over desktop icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant black square over desktop icons: Hello, I have 2 computers that are constantly facing the same exact issues. Everytime I boot them, my desktop icons have black squares on them. There are quick fixes I have found that just put a bandaid on the problem such as using disk cleanup to delete temporary files and...
  4. Constant black square over desktop icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why am I seeing squares system Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I seeing squares system Icons: For some reason I am seeing squares instead of system icons. also in search the power options is displaying squares. This also impacts some windows applications not showing "words" or icons. This is not the desktop application icons but wifi icon in the tray and power under...
  6. Why am I seeing squares system Icons

Why am I seeing squares system Icons: For some reason I am seeing squares instead of system icons. also in search the power options is displaying squares. This also impacts some windows applications not showing "words" or icons. This is not the desktop application icons but wifi icon in the tray and power under...
  7. With the latest release of Minesweeper I can no longer see the squares.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With the latest release of Minesweeper I can no longer see the squares.: In fact, I can see everything except the grid squares. I can click around & blow things up, the sqaure lights up momentarily.The "Adventure" game does work, "Daily Challenges" do not.My PC is up to date. The new look Minesweeper works fine on our other, slightly newer desktop...
  8. With the latest release of Minesweeper I can no longer see the squares.

With the latest release of Minesweeper I can no longer see the squares.: In fact, I can see everything except the grid squares. I can click around & blow things up, the sqaure lights up momentarily.The "Adventure" game does work, "Daily Challenges" do not.My PC is up to date. The new look Minesweeper works fine on our other, slightly newer desktop...
  9. Black Squares Over Icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Squares Over Icons: Hi, So my Pc is having a problem where whwnever i play valorant some Black Squares come over icons on desktop, and sometimes over their windows also.But If i close the game they dissapper after some time.Please Help....
  10. Icons have black square on them as I mouse over

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons have black square on them as I mouse over: I have an odd problem. Desktop can look 100% fine, then as I move the mouse cursor over the icons, as I move the mouse over each one, they have a black square around them. It seems completely random when it does it. Today it did it while installing a piece of software, then...