Windows 10: I seem to have forgotten my password to open my computer. How do I reset it?

Discus and support I seem to have forgotten my password to open my computer. How do I reset it? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I seem to have forgotten my sign in code? * Moved from IE10/Win 7... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JOHNWHALEN#56, Feb 22, 2021.

1. I seem to have forgotten my password to open my computer. How do I reset it?

I seem to have forgotten my sign in code?

* Moved from IE10/Win 7

:)

JOHNWHALEN#56, Feb 22, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Melvis Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Hey Guys,

I have a friend that has a Windows 8 Computer and has forgotten there password, what are the best and most simply ways to reset the password?

Cheers

Melvis, Feb 22, 2021
  4. I seem to have forgotten my password to open my computer. How do I reset it?

Factor reset / password forgotten

We don't work for Microsoft.

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

Change or reset your Windows password

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.
    • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.
    • If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Bill Smithers, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

I seem to have forgotten my password to open my computer. How do I reset it?

1. I seem to have forgotten my password to open my computer. How do I reset it? - Similar Threads - seem forgotten password

2. How do I reset my windows phone password. I have forgotten it and want to reset it through...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my windows phone password. I have forgotten it and want to reset it through...: How do I reset my windows phone password. I have forgotten it and want to reset it through the Microsoft website can I do that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-windows-phone-password-i-have/9520d923-d631-47bf-a467-974dda3bad89
  3. How do I get password if forgotten and don't have the password reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get password if forgotten and don't have the password reset: How do I get password if forgotten and don't have the password reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-password-if-forgotten-and-dont-have/486094e6-28e9-47ef-8dd0-90df9e78dd63
  4. How do I get password if forgotten and don't have the password reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get password if forgotten and don't have the password reset: How do I get password if forgotten and don't have the password reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-password-if-forgotten-and-dont-have/486094e6-28e9-47ef-8dd0-90df9e78dd63
  5. i have forgotten my windows security password how to reset?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i have forgotten my windows security password how to reset?: i had a very complex password for it but i forgot my windows security password now i don't have a password resetting device but if i can reset my password from my Microsoft account because both are linked so pls tell me how to reset it ....
  6. i have forgotten my windows security password how to reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have forgotten my windows security password how to reset?: i had a very complex password for it but i forgot my windows security password now i don't have a password resetting device but if i can reset my password from my Microsoft account because both are linked so pls tell me how to reset it ....
  7. i have forgotten my windows security password how to reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. What do I do if I have forgotten my computer administrator password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What do I do if I have forgotten my computer administrator password?: I forgot my computer's administrator password. The account is not linked with Microsoft, so I can't reset it from there. I have a local account but there are many restrictions. I can't run some apps and all of my files are in the admin account. I've tried going into safe mode...
  9. I've forgotten my Windows password. How do I reset it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I've forgotten my Windows password. How do I reset it.: I have forgotten the password I need when I start my PC. How do I reset it? * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: reset password...
  10. I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!: I have forgotten my password for login on my computer! Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-my-password-for-login-on-my/7bc149d4-c9ae-48d3-afd8-47ff266fa6e9"