Windows 10: I seem to have forgotten my password to open my computer. How do I reset it?

Discus and support I seem to have forgotten my password to open my computer. How do I reset it? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I seem to have forgotten my sign in code? * Moved from IE10/Win 7... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JOHNWHALEN#56, Feb 22, 2021.

1. I seem to have forgotten my password to open my computer. How do I reset it?

I seem to have forgotten my sign in code?

* Moved from IE10/Win 7

:)

JOHNWHALEN#56, Feb 22, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Melvis Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Hey Guys,

I have a friend that has a Windows 8 Computer and has forgotten there password, what are the best and most simply ways to reset the password?

Cheers

Melvis, Feb 22, 2021
  4. I seem to have forgotten my password to open my computer. How do I reset it?

Factor reset / password forgotten

We don't work for Microsoft.

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

Change or reset your Windows password

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.
    • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.
    • If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Bill Smithers, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

I seem to have forgotten my password to open my computer. How do I reset it?

1. I seem to have forgotten my password to open my computer. How do I reset it? - Similar Threads - seem forgotten password

2. Please I have forgotten my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Please I have forgotten my password: Please i have forgotten my password and i am stuck in safe mode on my laptop so i used my mum's phone can you help me get out using a different way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-i-have-forgotten-my-password/a79627be-0fdb-49c5-ae40-78ae2e505ca3
  3. Forgotten password to open my computer

Forgotten password to open my computer: I bought a new computer yesterday. Today, I turned it on and can't for the life of me, remember the password. I have tried every password I would or could have used...nothing. I used an old email address hotmail.comfrom yrs ago for the account, that I rarely, if ever use.....
  4. I have forgotten my login password. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have forgotten my login password. What do I do?: I have forgotten my login password. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-my-login-password-what-do-i-do/26ac4897-ac0f-41bf-8922-08a6e242664e
  5. How do I disable safe mode on my computer if I have forgotten the password required for...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I disable safe mode on my computer if I have forgotten the password required for...: My computer was put into safe mode and I am unsure how to disable it. I have forgotten the password as I have always used a pin to log into the computer. I am unable to use a windows account password as rebooting safe mode with networking doesn't connect to the internet. How...
  6. I have forgotten my laptop's password

I have forgotten my laptop's password: Hello, I changed my laptop's password one month ago. I haven't used my laptop for 15 days because of my study. I turn on my laptop today but I can't get access to it because I forgot my password. I won't afford to lose my data, this is very essential to me. Please help me....
  7. I've forgotten my Windows password. How do I reset it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I've forgotten my Windows password. How do I reset it.: I have forgotten the password I need when I start my PC. How do I reset it? * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: reset password...
  8. how do I find my WIFI password, I have forgotten it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I find my WIFI password, I have forgotten it: I have forgotten my wifi password and need it to set up a new device. Where can I find that information in Windows 10? Moved from: Accounts, login, and signup / Account settings / Windows 10...
  9. I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!: I have forgotten my password for login on my computer! Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-my-password-for-login-on-my/7bc149d4-c9ae-48d3-afd8-47ff266fa6e9"
  10. How can I reset my forgotten password on my laptop with Windows 10? I do not have the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I reset my forgotten password on my laptop with Windows 10? I do not have the...: I need to reset my password but do not have the required thumb drive. It is for my laptop running Windows 10 without a Microsoft account....