Windows 10: i seem to have installed pro instead of home

Discus and support i seem to have installed pro instead of home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hi all me again i had a problem with an update and the kind person from microsoft sorted it but to cut a long story short,he advised me to run the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by martinjq, Mar 31, 2021.

1. martinjq Win User

i seem to have installed pro instead of home

hi all

me again

i had a problem with an update and the kind person from microsoft sorted it but to cut a long story short,he advised me to run the repair programme which i did .

i could have sworn i hadd pro installed when i bought this pc so i chose pro. now win10 wont accept this for the activation.

its rather expensive to buy pro and i dont really need it

any idea how ican go back.

it all works perfect .

just worried about updates

thanks anyone

:)

martinjq, Mar 31, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Ztruker Win User

Windows 10 Pro Installation Starts, Screen Goes Black, Never to Return

Suggest using the Media Creation Tool to create a USB flash drive of the latest Windows 10 Pro and boot that to install from.

Download Windows 10 ISO file

At Step 8, instead of selecting ISO file, select Flash drive, then the tool will create the bootable flash drive for you to install from.

Ztruker, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

1. i seem to have installed pro instead of home - Similar Threads - seem installed pro

2. Windows Home instead of Pro after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Home instead of Pro after clean install: Hi,I had a couple of issues with my Windows installation and repair didn't work, so I decided to do a clean installation of my Windows Pro, which had a digital license showing in my MS account. I reinstalled from an USB media and I was quite baffled when I figured out it had...
  3. Windows home instead of pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows home instead of pro: i used a bootable media to reboot my pc but the time i put my product key back in my pc it showed windows 10 home instead of windows 10 pro. what i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-home-instead-of-pro/d2e64bdf-2e99-493c-8d6c-4531079f85ac
  4. i seem to have installed home instead of pro

i seem to have installed home instead of pro: i was unable to install an update so a kind guy from microsoft helped me out. after he told me to go to below which i did.but the link you gave me installed home edition.works fine but.... i purchased pro way back in 2016. still have receipt but no activation code given ???...
  5. Windows 10 Home installed instead of pro

Windows 10 Home installed instead of pro: My friend did a clean install of windows. He had windows 10 pro which was activated with his account linked to the key. He forgot that the media he used was fir windows 10 home. When he finished everything it said that windows was activated with a digital key linked to your...
  6. Installing Windows 10 Pro instead of Home

Installing Windows 10 Pro instead of Home: I purchased Windows 10 Pro directly from Microsoft. I downloaded and ran the Media Installation Tool. It did not give me an option to select Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro, it just had the option "Windows 10". I ran it from a computer that was already running Pro, and...
  7. Mistakenly installed Win 10 Home instead of Pro.

Mistakenly installed Win 10 Home instead of Pro.: I mistakenly installed Win 10 Home instead of Pro and now my windows won't activate. The activation troubleshoot directs me to the MS Store but there I don't have the option to install Pro and I don't have a key since it's a digital license attached to my account....
  8. Win10 Pro machine decided to install Home instead...

Win10 Pro machine decided to install Home instead...: My Dell XPS 8920 came with Windows 10 Home installed. After a few months, I purchased a W10 Pro license for the machine, and have clean installed Windows several times in the year since. Today, after installing two additional memory modules, and re-flashing the bios to the...
  9. Accidently installed pro instead of home

Accidently installed pro instead of home: HI all a complete newbie here, My problem is that I have installed Windows 10 pro instead of the Home edition, my laptop says I have the digital licence for the Home edition and I need to install Windows 10 Home but I cannot find anywhere for a free download etc, I haven't...
  10. Installation setup Home instead of Pro.

Installation setup Home instead of Pro.: Today I had to do a clean install of Win10 which I did from a USB with the Win 10 install software on it. When completed the installation I notice it is now running 10 Home. When I run ShowKey it seems that the installation has picked up the original 8.1 OEM key from...