Windows 10: I seem to have lost access to all local hosted websites

Discus and support I seem to have lost access to all local hosted websites in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I got IIS to run. I then tried to add another website. I found I didn't have permission to access the root directory of the new website. In the process... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GardnerUnderhill, Feb 11, 2020.

1. I seem to have lost access to all local hosted websites

I got IIS to run. I then tried to add another website. I found I didn't have permission to access the root directory of the new website. In the process of trying to fix that I seem to have managed to kill any access to any locally hosted website through the web servers. Outside of completely re-installing Windows is there a way to undo this?

:)

GardnerUnderhill, Feb 11, 2020

2. Blocking website using 27.0.0.1 local host

Hi. I was having a problem opening up a customer login on a car insurance website and when I googled why this would be, I discovered that my pc has listed this and a couple of other sites on the local host to block my access to it. This is my personal machine
    but my ex as an IT Consultant is still administrator on all our systems. However, several of the domains listed is for a bank and although still listed to be looped back to my IP address, and therefore blocked by the loop, they do still work...how is this
    possible? Is the fact that they are approved by VeriSign make a difference? The other domains blocked don't work and loop back to my machine. This is isn't a corporate issue as I think was mistakenly assumed in last response. Thanks.

None
    ArialBook AntiquaCourier NewGeorgiaTahomaTimes New RomanTrebuchet MSVerdana
    Align LeftAlign CenterAlign Right
    QuoteSpoilerCodeStrike-through
    Save DraftDelete Draft

AlisonThornton, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Unable to access Local Disks (CI seem to have lost access to all local hosted websites :), (DI seem to have lost access to all local hosted websites :), and any programs inside those

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with privileges to access the local account, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Please be informed us the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

This issue might be due to some error in system settings.

If you have not yet tried the below steps, I suggest you to perform and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log out from the current user account, restart the computer and log-in with the administrator account and check if you are able to access the local drivers.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode, try to log-in with administrator account and check if the issue persists.

Try the above steps and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 11, 2020
  4. I seem to have lost access to all local hosted websites

service host: local system

Hi,

If Windows Defender did not detect any threat on your PC, we suggest you refer to the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Deepak Krishnan R on this
    thread

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Kenneth Mon, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

I seem to have lost access to all local hosted websites

1. I seem to have lost access to all local hosted websites - Similar Threads - seem lost access

2. I seem to have "lost" all my documents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I seem to have "lost" all my documents?: Cant find any of my documentsDon't know what has happened, what I've done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-seem-to-have-lost-all-my-documents/26a2f9b1-4ae2-475f-9003-0e58aff7db5e
  3. I seem to have "lost" all my documents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I seem to have "lost" all my documents?: Cant find any of my documentsDon't know what has happened, what I've done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-seem-to-have-lost-all-my-documents/26a2f9b1-4ae2-475f-9003-0e58aff7db5e
  4. I have lost ALL administrative access.

I have lost ALL administrative access.: I have lost ALL administrative access. My user account only shows me as a standard user. Whenever I try to change anything, the user account control only gives me the choice of "NO". When I try to access safe mode, it only takes me to the crdsecagent$admin account and asks...
  5. I have lost ALL administrative access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost ALL administrative access.: I have lost ALL administrative access. My user account only shows me as a standard user. Whenever I try to change anything, the user account control only gives me the choice of "NO". When I try to access safe mode, it only takes me to the crdsecagent$admin account and asks...
  6. I have lost ALL administrative access.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Help! - Seem to have lost Administrator access to laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Help! - Seem to have lost Administrator access to laptop: Hi - hoping someone can help here. I bought a retiring laptop from my company for my son to use. The IT team at my company wiped everything off, but it came with Windows 10 on it, otherwise it was clean.I subscribe to Office 365 and share with my family. I set up my son's...
  8. Help! - Seem to have lost Administrator access to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! - Seem to have lost Administrator access to laptop: Hi - hoping someone can help here. I bought a retiring laptop from my company for my son to use. The IT team at my company wiped everything off, but it came with Windows 10 on it, otherwise it was clean.I subscribe to Office 365 and share with my family. I set up my son's...
  9. Help! - Seem to have lost Administrator access to laptop

10. I am not able to access the local host.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am not able to access the local host.: When i search for local host in Google Chrome I am getting an error message stating that "localhost refused to connect". I have have checked the firewall settings and everything looks ok. [ATTACH]...