Windows 10: I seem to have lost my touch

Discus and support I seem to have lost my touch in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot get touch and inking to work on my 2-in-1 Tablet PC's touch screen. I have used it before, but now I cannot remember if I have missed out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by clayto, Mar 6, 2019.

1. clayto Win User

I seem to have lost my touch

I cannot get touch and inking to work on my 2-in-1 Tablet PC's touch screen. I have used it before, but now I cannot remember if I have missed out something to activate it again. I can draw and scribble with the mouse but not with my (basic) stylus or fingers, either in the ink workspace or in a number of inking / drawing apps downloaded for the purpose.
    Also I cannot close windows, select text for copying and so on. The response I get is either nothing or beeping in response to tapping with my stylus (and a mysterious popup asking if I want turn on sticky keys).

I have tried in Tablet mode (from which I learned why Windows 8 was so unpopular) and in desktop PC mode which I use all the time, and I have examined Settings to see if I have something wrong there.

I am hoping this is something simple which I have not done.

:)

clayto, Mar 6, 2019
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Touch Devices

Hi Edwin....

Yes, it works on 8.1, at least on my surface pro 3.

Couldn't do a screenshot cause can't get to Snipping tool while keyboard is up, so I did a "step recording". See attached. Pardon the background, it's my Granddaughter! Cheers! *Cool

f14tomcat, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Touch keyboard pops up at login

If the above steps didn't work, we suggest that you disable the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Services, and then press Enter.
    • On the right pane, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Double-click on it.
    • Locate the Startup Type drop down, and change it to Disabled.
    • Click on Apply button to save changes.
    • Click on OK button to close the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service
      window.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Mar 6, 2019
  4. I seem to have lost my touch

touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

I seem to have lost my touch

1. I seem to have lost my touch - Similar Threads - seem lost touch

2. I seem to have "lost" all my documents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I seem to have "lost" all my documents?: Cant find any of my documentsDon't know what has happened, what I've done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-seem-to-have-lost-all-my-documents/26a2f9b1-4ae2-475f-9003-0e58aff7db5e
  3. I seem to have "lost" all my documents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I seem to have "lost" all my documents?: Cant find any of my documentsDon't know what has happened, what I've done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-seem-to-have-lost-all-my-documents/26a2f9b1-4ae2-475f-9003-0e58aff7db5e
  4. Windows 10 seems to have lost much of my account information.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 seems to have lost much of my account information.: It all started when I tried to rename my user folder in the local disk. For some reason it wouldn't let me rename the folder, my account type is admin. So i looked up "how to rename a user folder on windows 10" and something came up that said to make a local administrator...
  5. Windows 10 seems to have lost much of my account information.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 seems to have lost much of my account information.: It all started when I tried to rename my user folder in the local disk. For some reason it wouldn't let me rename the folder, my account type is admin. So i looked up "how to rename a user folder on windows 10" and something came up that said to make a local administrator...
  6. Windows 10 seems to have lost much of my account information.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Seem to have lost my program files. Startup issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seem to have lost my program files. Startup issue: I have a week or so old laptop. I had put it on sleep mode, but when I came back, it had shutdown. When I tried turning it on, it showed the logo (Lenovo) and then blackscreen. Happened a lot of times (I force shut it down) then I opened the emergency thingy, where it gives...
  8. I seem to have lost access to all local hosted websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I seem to have lost access to all local hosted websites: I got IIS to run. I then tried to add another website. I found I didn't have permission to access the root directory of the new website. In the process of trying to fix that I seem to have managed to kill any access to any locally hosted website through the web servers....
  9. My seem to have lost my default apps. I cannot open JPGs or PDF's.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My seem to have lost my default apps. I cannot open JPGs or PDF's.: I seem to be having problems with my default apps. They seem to have vanished. I try to reset but I am just getting the blue screen. What is going on. It was working fine last night and now it is not. Judi...
  10. Sorry Dave - I seem to have lost you

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sorry Dave - I seem to have lost you: I don't know how to use this but my problem is the date column now shows numerals as above - I am using windows excel 2013 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/sorry-dave-i-seem-to-have-lost-you/d86df936-67bc-4baa-895d-8d5f83b5bdca

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lost my touch screen