Windows 10: I seem to have two similar user profiles I'm keen not to lose data from either but I need...

Discus and support I seem to have two similar user profiles I'm keen not to lose data from either but I need... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have ended up somehow with two similar user profiles, where data seems to be replicated. I need to merge them into one without losing data how do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardBurdge, Jun 11, 2024.

1. I seem to have two similar user profiles I'm keen not to lose data from either but I need...

I have ended up somehow with two similar user profiles, where data seems to be replicated. I need to merge them into one without losing data how do I go about this please?

:)

RichardBurdge, Jun 11, 2024
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jun 11, 2024
  3. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Jun 11, 2024
  4. v444 Win User

I seem to have two similar user profiles I'm keen not to lose data from either but I need...

script to delete users profile

A1- i guess local. (please check the attachment,i'm following those steps to do it, if it helps you to figure out if it's on PC or local)
    A2- no i don't need logs.

Full user delete.docx

Thema:

I seem to have two similar user profiles I'm keen not to lose data from either but I need...

1. I seem to have two similar user profiles I'm keen not to lose data from either but I need... - Similar Threads - seem similar user

2. I seem to have two similar user profiles I'm keen not to lose data from either but I need...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I seem to have two similar user profiles I'm keen not to lose data from either but I need...: I have ended up somehow with two similar user profiles, where data seems to be replicated. I need to merge them into one without losing data how do I go about this please?...
  3. I seem to have two similar user profiles I'm keen not to lose data from either but I need...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I seem to have two similar user profiles I'm keen not to lose data from either but I need...: I have ended up somehow with two similar user profiles, where data seems to be replicated. I need to merge them into one without losing data how do I go about this please?...
  4. I seem to have two Bitlocker-Keys...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I seem to have two Bitlocker-Keys...: I'm just curious as to why I seem to have two Bitlocker-Keys registered to my Microsoft account please see the picture attached below.I'm in the process of executing a Clean-Install onto my computer and have the Windows Media Creation Tool for that on a Samsung T7 portable...
  5. I seem to have two Bitlocker-Keys...

I seem to have two Bitlocker-Keys...: I'm just curious as to why I seem to have two Bitlocker-Keys registered to my Microsoft account please see the picture attached below.I'm in the process of executing a Clean-Install onto my computer and have the Windows Media Creation Tool for that on a Samsung T7 portable...
  6. Why do I have two users in Users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have two users in Users?: Hello,I have a brand new laptop and installed windows 11 on it. I need to use InteliJ IDEA on the laptop but the program does not work properly as it stores some of its component in the first user. I have been trying to solve the problem but was not able to solve.If there is...
  7. Why do I have two users in Users?

Why do I have two users in Users?: Hello,I have a brand new laptop and installed windows 11 on it. I need to use InteliJ IDEA on the laptop but the program does not work properly as it stores some of its component in the first user. I have been trying to solve the problem but was not able to solve.If there is...
  8. I have two profiles on boot up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have two profiles on boot up: I have ignored this, but it's starting to bug me. I have a default MS profile that I log into, but on startup, there is two profiles. "See images." It wants to log into an account that is nonexistent on my system. I ran netplwiz on my MS profile so I can just boot to the...
  9. I have two profiles on boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    I have two profiles on boot up: I have ignored this, but it's starting to bug me. I have a default MS profile that I log into, but on startup, there is two profiles. "See images." It wants to log into an account that is nonexistent on my system. I ran netplwiz on my MS profile so I can just boot to the...
  10. Removing an account from a profile without losing data on that profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing an account from a profile without losing data on that profile: Hi, I recently reopened this account to try to give the profile rights to another account of mine. After that, I was going to have this account deleted. Currently, the only thing I can do is give admin privilages to the new account. My question is: How do I get a profile...