Windows 10: I set a restart at the wrong time - can I reschedule it?

Discus and support I set a restart at the wrong time - can I reschedule it? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, all. I'm still having problems with the Fall Creator's Update on two devices. As I haven't been able to get it to install on my machine, I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Casey, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Casey Win User

I set a restart at the wrong time - can I reschedule it?

Hi, all.

I'm still having problems with the Fall Creator's Update on two devices. As I haven't been able to get it to install on my machine, I do not want to attempt it yet on my mother's computer. Windows prompted me to schedule a restart, which I did for 3:30am on Saturday morning, when the machine will not be in use. If it's not in use, will Windows still attempt to update it? I have disabled the Windows Update service in the meantime, whilst I seek real world assistance with my own machine. Is there a way that I can reschedule this pending restart, quickly and above all, painlessly.
    Please note when responding, I suffer from anxiety and am easily confused and stressed out by complex instructions.

Appreciate any help,

:)

Casey, Nov 29, 2017

2. can i set vibration+ring at the same time?

Unfortunately NO. Like you, that was an option I wanted but it does not exist.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Nov 29, 2017
  3. Black/and/white, Nov 29, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Most upgrades go smoothly. In the end, make sure you have backed up data on mother's pc as a precaution and let it do its job. Stopping it because you have not upgradesd does not make sense as pcs are different and even if you get an issue, does not mean other will and vice versa.

cereberus, Nov 29, 2017
  5. Casey Win User
    Thank you. I'd still like to know whether I can reschedule the restart, as I would like to be awake when it happens, so that I can be on hand if there are any issues. My own experience of repeated failure with this update does not inspire confidence in me.

Casey, Nov 29, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    Turn off pc completely and disconnect from power (remove battery if laptop). That will do it.

cereberus, Nov 29, 2017
  7. Casey Win User
    I don't know how to remove the battery, and wouldn't feel comfortable doing so. Is there no other way? Will simply disconnecting from mains power not be sufficient, with the machine turned off?

Casey, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I set a restart at the wrong time - can I reschedule it? - Similar Threads - set restart wrong

2. How can I resolving wrong DNS settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I resolving wrong DNS settings?: I have issues with DNS settings of some of my laptops at the office.We have since changed the network provider. With the changes come different DNS setting for the network. There is a DHCP server on the network with the updated DNS setting. Most of the equipment in the LAN...
  3. How can I resolving wrong DNS settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I resolving wrong DNS settings?: I have issues with DNS settings of some of my laptops at the office.We have since changed the network provider. With the changes come different DNS setting for the network. There is a DHCP server on the network with the updated DNS setting. Most of the equipment in the LAN...
  4. Windows sets automatically a wrong time after i change it manually

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sets automatically a wrong time after i change it manually: I have disabled all Date and time options so that time doesn't change automatically but windows 10 keeps changing my time wrong, even after i formatted windows, keeps showing me a wrong time, and after i change it manually next time i restart time is wrong againThe timezone...
  5. Windows sets automatically a wrong time after i change it manually

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sets automatically a wrong time after i change it manually: I have disabled all Date and time options so that time doesn't change automatically but windows 10 keeps changing my time wrong, even after i formatted windows, keeps showing me a wrong time, and after i change it manually next time i restart time is wrong againThe timezone...
  6. Windows sets automatically a wrong time after i change it manually

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I set the wrong disk partion setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I set the wrong disk partion setting: I set the wrong setting for the **** partition where my storage for my files are on my c drive. When I tried to reboot my PC Into the advanced startup,my PC could not boot. When I switched on my pc,the os cannot boot it says"remove disks or other media. Press any key to...
  8. Windows update time reschedule

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update time reschedule: I accidentally turned off the option to set the time to reschedule the update and the option to turn it back on has disappeared. Help, please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-time-reschedule/5d2fed12-fc94-44cf-a820-db5f209568fc
  9. I changed the wrong setting...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I changed the wrong setting...: So you know of the msconfig command? Yeah... I changed my core count from previous 8 cores to 6 by accident and now I get a blue screen on startup and a registry error and sonetimes an bad system config one Please help me, I dont want to reset my pc again submitted by...
  10. Rescheduling restarts

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Rescheduling restarts: I'm not entirely happy that Microsoft demands that I accept all Windows updates (I'm running Win 10 Home), but I understand why they're doing it, and accept it. What's really bugging me is that my laptop keeps switching itself on at 2:30am in order to carry out a restart....