Windows 10: I set my language & region to English (US), and I still don't have Cortana in my Windows 10

Discus and support I set my language & region to English (US), and I still don't have Cortana in my Windows 10 in Cortana to solve the problem; This is my screenshot. I restarted my laptop too. Please help me. Thank you. [ATTACH][ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Chanf Alkynes, Jun 10, 2019.

1. I set my language & region to English (US), and I still don't have Cortana in my Windows 10

This is my screenshot. I restarted my laptop too.

Please help me. Thank you.

I set my language & region to English (US), and I still don't have Cortana in my Windows 10 0e05b4bc-86e9-4898-aa39-dbb3bb834180?upload=true.png I set my language & region to English (US), and I still don't have Cortana in my Windows 10 f0d7fe4d-4e15-4572-9816-a6674b23041f?upload=true.png

:)

Chanf Alkynes, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Cortana not recognising UK region setting

Hi Laurence,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that as of now Cortana is only available for U.S.-English. Though search will work in all languages.

I suggest you to change the Language and Region to English (United States), United States to explore Cortana.

You may follow below steps to perform the same.

• Press windows key + x
    • Open Control Panel.
    • If you’re in the standard view, open Clock, Language, and Region and then click Region.
    • In Region change the following settings:
      • Go to Formats tab and set format as English (United States).
      • Go to Location tab and set Home Location as United States.
      • Go to Administrative tab and set Current System Locale to English (United States).
    4. In Clock, Language, and Region, click Languages and make sure English (United States) is set as your primary language. If you don’t have the language install, click on Add a language, search for English (United States), install
    it, and set it as your primary.

5. Re-boot your computer and you should now be able to use Cortana outside of the US.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Arul_D, Jun 10, 2019
  3. lx07 Win User
    Problem with setting English language

Yes you can and it is the same as in 7 if I remember correctly.

Search for Language in Control Panel. Click on Options in the English Language.

I set my language & region to English (US), and I still don't have Cortana in my Windows 10 [​IMG]

On Input Method click on Add Input Method and scroll down the list until you find Spanish. Then remove English.

I set my language & region to English (US), and I still don't have Cortana in my Windows 10 [​IMG]

This only affects your keyboard - no other regional or language settings are affected.

For Cortana to work you need your language, region and speech have to be the same - it doesn't care about the keyboard. If your language is US English you'll need to make sure you set your region to US as well. As region affects things like search results and news I leave mine where I am and don't use Cortana but it is up to you - I've just not found a use for it yet.

4. I set my language & region to English (US), and I still don't have Cortana in my Windows 10

setting up cortana in your country/region/language

Below is the official advice

Why isn't Cortana in my region or language?

Cortana is available in the following countries/regions: China, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, and United States. Cortana is available in these languages: Chinese (Simplified), English (U.K.), English (U.S.), French, Italian, German, and
    Spanish
    • To use Cortana, all these settings must be set to the same language:
      • Languages (this is your device language)
      • Speech language (language pack must be installed)
      • Country or region
    • Note: If you change your region, you might not be able to shop at Store, or use things you've purchased, like memberships and subscriptions, games, movies, TV, and music.

it is incorrect, you also need to change your "Windows Display Language" found in Control Panel>Clock, Language, Region>Language> then select your language and choose "Make this the primary Language" it will prompt you to log off and log back on, then as
    long as the Windows display language matches your Language Speech language and Country / Region in the modern "settings>Time & Language" Cortana will work

LilyMitchell, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

I set my language & region to English (US), and I still don't have Cortana in my Windows 10

1. I set my language & region to English (US), and I still don't have Cortana in my Windows 10 - Similar Threads - set language region

2. In the language & region settings, why do we have "English Madagascar"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In the language & region settings, why do we have "English Madagascar": In the language & region settings, an option for "English Madagascar" is available.This surprises me because the only 2 official languages in Madagascar are Malagasy and French, and English is not widely spoken.Why does this setting exists?...
  3. In the language & region settings, why do we have "English Madagascar"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In the language & region settings, why do we have "English Madagascar": In the language & region settings, an option for "English Madagascar" is available.This surprises me because the only 2 official languages in Madagascar are Malagasy and French, and English is not widely spoken.Why does this setting exists?...
  4. Cortana Regions And Languages

in Cortana
    Cortana Regions And Languages: Cortana is not working again. It says 'Cortana isn't available In your region' Please tell all the available regions. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-regions-and-languages/65d4c67b-5d92-4347-b44e-fbc84d40064d
  5. [Cortana] Output answers are in Chinese language settings, region and display is in US English

in Cortana
    [Cortana] Output answers are in Chinese language settings, region and display is in US English: Hi! I struggle to get Cortana running like I want to. And I am not even bossy : I setup my new surface go2 like this: Region: United States Current format: Recommended [English United States] Display language: English United States Preffered languages: English US...
  6. I don't have cortana on my windows 10

in Cortana
    I don't have cortana on my windows 10: I don't have Cortana on my windows 10.I don't want to install another windows please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-cortana-on-my-windows-10/b1678a90-53f1-4f65-88cd-9161090ba6d9
  7. I don't have Cortana on my Windows 10

in Cortana
    I don't have Cortana on my Windows 10: Hi, I have recently just discovered that the Cortana service is not on my Windows 10 laptop. My laptop is quite old and it originally came with Windows 7, but I have had it updated to Windows 10. I am just curious about whether it is a technical issue or if there is a reason...
  8. i cannot change the cortana language from English (US) to Japanese

in Cortana
    i cannot change the cortana language from English (US) to Japanese: I downloaded the language pack and speech for japanese language. i changed the region and speech settings to japanese, but it still automatically change back to english (US), i removed the english pack but then i cannot use cortana. what should i do?...
  9. My Language keeps on Changing from My Default Selection English (US) to Regional Language...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Language keeps on Changing from My Default Selection English (US) to Regional Language...: My Language keeps on Changing from My Default Selection English (US) to Regional Language Hindi on its Own. I have checked my Default selection in Setup which is all the time English. How does it then shift to Regional Language whenever I start typing any thing in Browser,...
  10. Cortana not enabled - region Australia, language English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not enabled - region Australia, language English: As you can see below, Cortana will not enable despite Australia and English being selected. I am 100% up to date on updates. [img] [img] Is there any other settings I need to change to get Cortana to work? Thanks! 30734

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana language doesnt have united states english

2. region & language