Windows 10: I set my Windows to a language I don't fully grasp, and would like some questions about the...

Discus and support I set my Windows to a language I don't fully grasp, and would like some questions about the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I'm trying to learn Korean, and I've set my Windows to Korean to help practice. However... I just got prompted for an update restart, so I did.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Opblaaskaas, Mar 10, 2020.

1. I set my Windows to a language I don't fully grasp, and would like some questions about the...

So I'm trying to learn Korean, and I've set my Windows to Korean to help practice. However...

I just got prompted for an update restart, so I did. When I got back into the login screen I was greeted by this blue window, wizard type of thing. That asked me things that I didn't understand. But since I know the word for 'no', I just pressed that a bunch of times, without having a clue what I declined.

Then I got asked to sign in to my Windows account, and after that I got through to the log in screen.

So my question is, what was all of that stuff? And why did they ask me for my password?

submitted by /u/Opblaaskaas
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Opblaaskaas, Mar 10, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Keyboard charachters don´t match

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1.Go to
    Settings > Time & language >
    Region & language.

2.Select
    Add a language.

3.Select the language you want to use from the list, then choose which region's version you want to use. Your download will begin immediately.

I would also suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Change your keyboard layout

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/how-to-add-an-input-language-to-your-pc#v1h=tab01

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Mar 10, 2020
  4. I set my Windows to a language I don't fully grasp, and would like some questions about the...

AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

I set my Windows to a language I don't fully grasp, and would like some questions about the...

1. I set my Windows to a language I don't fully grasp, and would like some questions about the... - Similar Threads - set language don't

2. I would like to to disable the keyboard language shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to to disable the keyboard language shortcut: Hello, for me is a big trouble because it happens like every 10-20 min that i need to press the combination keys of WindowsKey+SPACE or ALT+SHIFT , the second is my principal problem, so I've searched about how to disable the function of change lenguage of the keyboard to...
  3. I would like to to disable the keyboard language shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I would like to to disable the keyboard language shortcut: Hello, for me is a big trouble because it happens like every 10-20 min that i need to press the combination keys of WindowsKey+SPACE or ALT+SHIFT , the second is my principal problem, so I've searched about how to disable the function of change lenguage of the keyboard to...
  4. HI would like to ask some questions about Fingerprint Recognition Windows Hello sighnin...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HI would like to ask some questions about Fingerprint Recognition Windows Hello sighnin...: HI I was wondering if I could ask some questions about sighning into windows 11If I have a problem with sighning into my windows with my fingerprint is their anything I can do to fix this so I can still get into my system?Are their lots of issues sighning in with your...
  5. HI would like to ask some questions about Fingerprint Recognition Windows Hello sighnin...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HI would like to ask some questions about Fingerprint Recognition Windows Hello sighnin...: HI I was wondering if I could ask some questions about sighning into windows 11If I have a problem with sighning into my windows with my fingerprint is their anything I can do to fix this so I can still get into my system?Are their lots of issues sighning in with your...
  6. I don't know much about computers, only that I would like a better one

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I don't know much about computers, only that I would like a better one: I purchased this computer last year for Christmas. For a while, it seemed that it was running great, but now I feel like games like Fortnite are glitchy and choppy. What could be the reason? I'd like to upgrade it if possible, but from what I've read, you can't just put any...
  7. i would like to know if i could ask questions about games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i would like to know if i could ask questions about games: hello i would like to know if i could ask questions about games.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games/b711c7fd-7c2b-40d6-a4d3-b19b3668ca86
  8. Questions about some Windows settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions about some Windows settings: I always create a local account with admin rights and I want UAC disabled and the files and programs which need to be run with admin rights to automatically do it (so I don't have to do it myself) so could someone tell me what Enable UAC - Filter all administrators...
  9. What is this all about, i would like some help with Windows 10 issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is this all about, i would like some help with Windows 10 issues.: How on earth do I get in contact with Windows/Microsoft for help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-all-about-i-would-like-some-help-with/c66cf12b-f923-4fd5-ab54-ad6f898a17f7
  10. I would like to change my OS language fully

in Windows 10 Customization
    I would like to change my OS language fully: How/Where can i start? I got Language packs, and My OS is up to dayt :D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-change-my-os-language-fully/6d58c6b5-eb49-4ccb-98c3-4d25cea5afd3