Windows 10: I set the Windows 11 screensaver to start after a time period of inactivity showing my...

Discus and support I set the Windows 11 screensaver to start after a time period of inactivity showing my... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I set my WIndows 11 screen saver to start after a time period of inactivity to show my photos, but how do I manually start the screen saver earlier if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MonradMonsen, Feb 28, 2024.

1. I set the Windows 11 screensaver to start after a time period of inactivity showing my...

I set my WIndows 11 screen saver to start after a time period of inactivity to show my photos, but how do I manually start the screen saver earlier if I don't want to wait? I want to see my pictures, and Win-L locks the screen but doesn't show my photos. In my case, I set it for 20 minutes so it doesn't interrupt me when working, but I want a way to start the photos immediately when done working.

:)

MonradMonsen, Feb 28, 2024

2. Screensaver off in sleep

The screensaver and sleep are two different things. The screensaver can run any time that the system is active, but it cannot run while the computer is sleeping. One strategy would be to set the screensaver to kick off after a certain period of inactivity, then allow the computer to go to sleep after a LONGER delay than the screensaver. Example: Set the screensaver to run after 15 minutes of inactivity, then go to sleep after 30 minutes. The result is that the screen save will run after 15 minutes up to the 30 minute mark at which time the computer will sleep and the screensaver will cease.

hsehestedt, Feb 28, 2024
  3. Setting Picture Screensaver for Multiple Screens

Hi Daryan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you using any third-party screensaver?

If yes I suggest you to change the screensaver to Windows default screensavers and check if it helps.

To set the Screensaver on the extended display, follow the below steps:

Step 1: Right-click on a blank area of your desktop and select “Personalize.”

Step 2: Click “Screen Saver” at the bottom-right corner of the window.

Step 3: Select the desired screen saver from the drop-down menu and indicate a “wait” time in minutes. The screensaver will come on automatically after the computer has been idle for that period of time.

Step 4: Check the “On resume, display logon screen” for added security, if desired. This feature requires you to enter your password when resuming your Windows session.

Step 5: Click “Apply” and then “OK.”

Step 6: Click on the “Display” link at the bottom left.

Step 7: Click “Adjust Resolution” on the left.

Step 8: Choose “Extend these displays” from the Multiple Displays drop-down menu if you’d like a single screensaver to travel across both displays. Click “Duplicate these displays” if you want a duplicated screen
    saver to display on each monitor.

Step 9: Click “OK.”

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 28, 2024
  4. I set the Windows 11 screensaver to start after a time period of inactivity showing my...

cant work out how to set the screensaver with windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Start menu.
    • Type Screensaver and click on Change screensaver.
    • In the dialogue box, select the screensaver you want. You may also change the settings from there.

Let us know If you need any further help. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank You

Sahil Bali, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

I set the Windows 11 screensaver to start after a time period of inactivity showing my...

1. I set the Windows 11 screensaver to start after a time period of inactivity showing my... - Similar Threads - set screensaver start

2. I set the Windows 11 screensaver to start after a time period of inactivity showing my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I set the Windows 11 screensaver to start after a time period of inactivity showing my...: I set my WIndows 11 screen saver to start after a time period of inactivity to show my photos, but how do I manually start the screen saver earlier if I don't want to wait? I want to see my pictures, and Win-L locks the screen but doesn't show my photos. In my case, I set it...
  3. Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity

Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity: Good morning, my keyboard has been working properly ever since i bought it, but in the last few days it seems to have a problem.The keys: W, A, S, D, Q, E, *spacebar*, don't work after I don't press them for a while, and start working after just a few seconds, depending on...
  4. Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity: Good morning, my keyboard has been working properly ever since i bought it, but in the last few days it seems to have a problem.The keys: W, A, S, D, Q, E, *spacebar*, don't work after I don't press them for a while, and start working after just a few seconds, depending on...
  5. No password prompt after period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password prompt after period of inactivity: My computer doesn't automatically lock.I have tried all possible settings and it does not lock after a period of inactivity unless I restart my computer.If I leave my laptop unused for a day and then turn it on, it automatically displays content exactly how i left it. This...
  6. No password prompt after period of inactivity

No password prompt after period of inactivity: My computer doesn't automatically lock.I have tried all possible settings and it does not lock after a period of inactivity unless I restart my computer.If I leave my laptop unused for a day and then turn it on, it automatically displays content exactly how i left it. This...
  7. lock screen slide show inactive after a period of inactivity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lock screen slide show inactive after a period of inactivity: Hello everyone! The one problem I have is that I set the slideshow to the lock screen and let it show if I don't use the computer for 5 minutes. Normally, after 5 minutes, the lock screen will appear and the slideshow starts but my computer turns off the screen. Only when I...
  8. Windows resets my router when I start working on my computer after a period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows resets my router when I start working on my computer after a period of inactivity: For the past couple of weeks, whenever I start using my computer after it turns off the monitor, it seems to reset my router. I have power settings to avoid the computer from sleeping, and I have set it so it does not put anything to sleep. However, every time I turn on the...
  9. After a period of inactivity, program goes black?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After a period of inactivity, program goes black?: Hi, After I turn on my laptop from sleep when I've been gone for a period of time, one of the open windows ends up going black. Generally this happens with Chrome, but sometimes it happens with Discord and other programs. Could someone point me to help? Thanks submitted by...
  10. Screensaver suddenly not activating after set time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver suddenly not activating after set time: For some reason, haven't figured out why, my screensaver stopped activating after the time set. I can click "Preview" and it works fine, but after 10 minutes it isn't going off. I've restarted Firefox to be sure it didn't get a Youtube video stuck in it's craw, nope. Nor do I...