Windows 10: I set the wrong disk partion setting

Discus and support I set the wrong disk partion setting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I set the wrong setting for the **** partition where my storage for my files are on my c drive. When I tried to reboot my PC Into the advanced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MatthewGreen200505, Jul 24, 2021.

1. I set the wrong disk partion setting

I set the wrong setting for the **** partition where my storage for my files are on my c drive. When I tried to reboot my PC Into the advanced startup,my PC could not boot. When I switched on my pc,the os cannot boot it says"remove disks or other media. Press any key to restart" in a black screen.and my bitlocker is enabled. What should I do to fix my PC

:)

MatthewGreen200505, Jul 24, 2021

2. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Jul 24, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 24, 2021
  4. I set the wrong disk partion setting

Settings search in wrong language (and nothing else)

I recently switched my system's display language from English (US) to Japanese, and then back. Everything is normal, except when I search for settings in the Settings window or the Start menu, which is still in Japanese. I have restarted multiple times, and done everything on this page and others:

How to change system language on Windows 10 | Windows Central

Here are my language settings, region, etc:

I set the wrong disk partion setting [​IMG]

And yet...

I've even tried uninstalling the Japanese language pack, but no dice: the search remains in Japanese, as though the programs were renamed or something.

Any ideas? My version number is 20H2 build 19042.867.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem has solved itself, but I don't really know why. Here's what I can tell anyone experiencing the same problem. I followed the steps from this site: Windows Search Results in Wrong Language – sumselkawumsel . I'd done all of these things before and they didn't work, but for one reason or another, this time they did?

1. Open Control Panel (“Windows Settings”)
    2. Open “Time & Language”
    3. Click “Language” (on the left)
    4. Click “Administrative Language Settings” (on the right)
    5. A popup opened up, called “Region”. In the Tab “Administrative” and te field “Welcome screen and new user accounts”, click “Copy Settings”.
    6. Tick the boxes “Welcome screen and system accounts” and “new user accounts”.
    7. Click OK and reboot.
    8. In language settings, set the “old” language (Germany in my case) as display language, sign out of windows, sign in again.
    9. Set English as display language, sign out of windows and sign in again.

It may be that the solution only works if you do the steps in this exact order, I can't be sure. Also, when the computer asks to sign out automatically after switching the language, I said No both times, waited a few seconds, and then logged out via the Start Menu, which might be important.

There's really no logic to it, all I can say is to give it a shot... maybe multiple shots.

Blackdrazon, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

I set the wrong disk partion setting

1. I set the wrong disk partion setting - Similar Threads - set wrong disk

2. Disk partioner not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk partioner not working: Hello, I recently built a new computer because my old one was kinda getting slow, and since then ive had an 8 terrabyte hard drive installed and have never been able to figure out a way to get it working. When I go into my disk manager I am not given any options of what to do...
  3. Disk partioner not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk partioner not working: Hello, I recently built a new computer because my old one was kinda getting slow, and since then ive had an 8 terrabyte hard drive installed and have never been able to figure out a way to get it working. When I go into my disk manager I am not given any options of what to do...
  4. Clicked wrong setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicked wrong setting: I wanted to download a pkg file from google but when clicking on it I accidentally set it to always open in chrome. Is there a way to reset it to the one where it was at before...
  5. Clicked wrong setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicked wrong setting: I wanted to download a pkg file from google but when clicking on it I accidentally set it to always open in chrome. Is there a way to reset it to the one where it was at before...
  6. Clicked wrong setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Delete Partions From a Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delete Partions From a Disk: I installed a ssd drive in my computer and am going to use the old sata drive for storage. I cloned the old drive to the ssd and all is well. I'm booting up from the new drive and I did something stupid I think. I formated the C section of the old drive no labeled G but now...
  8. I changed the wrong setting...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I changed the wrong setting...: So you know of the msconfig command? Yeah... I changed my core count from previous 8 cores to 6 by accident and now I get a blue screen on startup and a registry error and sonetimes an bad system config one Please help me, I dont want to reset my pc again submitted by...
  9. wrong download setting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wrong download setting: My pc id registered as 1703 but the newest downloads are 1803 and do not install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/wrong-download-setting/5024aa28-ba54-40f0-a9dc-ff3bc7e14497
  10. System Reserved Partion on MBR Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Reserved Partion on MBR Disk: I just noticed, after over almost 2 years with Win10, that my system disk (MBR) has a System Reserved partition. I had thought that didn't happen on an MBR disk. Is it needed and can I remove it? Thank you. 79902