Windows 10: I set up my computer "for an organization" by mistake and I can't sign-in. How do I...

Discus and support I set up my computer "for an organization" by mistake and I can't sign-in. How do I... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Whenever I try to sign-in with my work account it says that it can't connect and to check my connection even when my computer shows that it is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Sam_129_B, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Sam_129_B Win User

I set up my computer "for an organization" by mistake and I can't sign-in. How do I...

Whenever I try to sign-in with my work account it says that it can't connect and to check my connection even when my computer shows that it is connected to the Internet. How do I sign-in or reset my computer so that I can switch it to a personal computer?

:)

Sam_129_B, Dec 21, 2020
  2. Yancyd66 Win User

*Some settings are managed by your organization

Did that and it doesn't work.

Open Start Menu and type gpedit.msc.

• Right click on gpedit.msc and Run as Administrator.
    • Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds.
    • Find Allow Telemetry and double click on it.
    • Change its setting to Enabled and change the drop down menu entry to 3-Full.
    • Click on Apply and OK.
    • Again open the file and change setting like before. That means change Enabled to Not Configured.
    • Still see: *Some settings are managed by your organization.

Then tried regedit suggestion from other community person that didn't work:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > PushNotifications.

Now you will see NoToastApplicationNotification. Double click on it.

Now change its value 1 to 0. 1 is default value. You will make it 0.

Click on OK.

Now, Sign out your Microsoft Account. Sign in again.

Issue with this suggestion is that there is no "PushNotifications" listed.

Yancyd66, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Windows 10 Setup Choose Organization by Mistake

Hi RichardDeanJohnson,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forum.

Domain allows an organization to centrally manage your computer’s settings and provide resources to it. If the computer is joined to a domain (Organization) already, but you want to connect to a workgroup, you must leave the domain
    to which your PC is assigned.

Note: You must be signed in to an
    Administrator account on your Windows 10 PC to leave a domain.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Remove PC from Domain using System Properties

1. Press Windows
      and Pause break key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Click on Advance System Settings on the left pane.
    3. Select the first tab Computer Name from system properties window.
    4. Click on Change.
    5. Select Workgroup > Type Workgroup name (You can provide any name to it)
    6. Click on Ok and Confirm.
    7. Enter the Username and the Password to setup a normal account.
    8. Click on Ok and restart the computer.

I set up my computer "for an organization" by mistake and I can't sign-in.  How do I... 7711c1b6-a4f5-45e2-b1ed-d9df9ec5b85b?upload=true.png

I set up my computer "for an organization" by mistake and I can't sign-in.  How do I... ada8f7fa-2af5-4d40-bb79-d0215869bcfb?upload=true.png

Method 2:
    Remove pc from domain using System Settings.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Tap on Accounts > Select
      Access work or school from the left pane.
    3. Select the account which is added as Organization account> Click on Disconnect.
    4. Click on Yes to confirm, restart the computer to make changes.

I set up my computer "for an organization" by mistake and I can't sign-in.  How do I... 7c1158e2-3bc5-426c-bd93-9131498254d7?upload=true.png

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Paulo GM Win User

I set up my computer "for an organization" by mistake and I can't sign-in. How do I...

Problem: Some settings are maneged by your organization.

Hi RingheanuVlad, I am Paulo. I'm an Independent Advisor and an individual like you inclined to help.

Is your computer part of an organization? If it is your personal computer, have you recently sign in using a work email?

If you have administrator privilege, you may try the steps given in this article

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-some-settings-ar...

Paulo GM, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

1. I set up my computer "for an organization" by mistake and I can't sign-in. How do I... - Similar Threads - set computer organization

2. I can't sign into my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign into my computer: Hello, guys. Last night l updated my windows 11 to a new cumulative udate and when I restarted it, it logged in nicely, but my windows defender wasn't opening, so I restarted it again to resolve the issue, but now it was refusing to sign in and not doing anything when I...
  3. I can't sign into my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign into my computer: Im trying to login into my computer and when I enter my password or PIN it says preparing Windows for a long while. Then comes to the home screen as if it signed me in but says "We cant sign into your account ". I have restarted computer multiple times and whats weird is that...
  4. I can't sign into my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't sign into my computer: Im trying to login into my computer and when I enter my password or PIN it says preparing Windows for a long while. Then comes to the home screen as if it signed me in but says "We cant sign into your account ". I have restarted computer multiple times and whats weird is that...
  5. I can't sign into my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. How do I fix this mistake?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this mistake?: this annoying error appears when I try to download the new versions of microsoft visual https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-this-mistake/6dde0d42-b30f-48a1-b5e7-06588ff09c5d
  7. How do I fix this mistake?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix this mistake?: this annoying error appears when I try to download the new versions of microsoft visual https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-this-mistake/6dde0d42-b30f-48a1-b5e7-06588ff09c5d
  8. How do I know if my Windows is set up for an organization.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I know if my Windows is set up for an organization.: Like no theory with domains and workplaces. I want to know what's different in the setup for an organization, like the steps required for that option to be valid. Or where can I check from the computer. submitted by /u/dadybosma [link] [comments]...
  9. I can't sign in on my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't sign in on my computer: Hello, i decided to wipe my hard drive clean yesterday since i was really running out of space. The problem is though that after it was done, im greeted with a "Other User" sign in option and none of my passwords or username works. I still have access to my Microsoft account...
  10. I have my computer set up for no sign in when started. How do I change it to having to sign...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have my computer set up for no sign in when started. How do I change it to having to sign...: I have my computer set up for no sign in when started. How do I change it to having to sign in with my pin. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-my-computer-set-up-for-no-sign-in-when/5533d4d7-c287-4f87-8dd4-9ee618d79d19"