Windows 10: I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.

Discus and support I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account. I followed the directions on previous threats to correct the situation I logged in on a local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tamar2, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Tamar2 Win User

I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.

I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account. I followed the directions on previous threats to correct the situation I logged in on a local account and then switched over to the new MS account. However, the computer, even though I am logged in with a different account, still has the desktop and files belonging to the other MS account.

:)

Tamar2, Jun 9, 2023

2. Microsoft account set as a work account and a Microsoft Account

Hi Dean,

As per the description, I suggest that you sign out of one of the accounts and sign into the account again. This will help us to know if the account used in either of the account is not the same.

To sign-out of the Microsoft Account follow the steps below

• Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.
    • Click Start and then PC settings.
    • Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Disconnect on the right of the screen.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.
    • Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 9, 2023
  4. I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.

Unable to set up Microsoft Account

Hi CrossFitDerek,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are unable to set up Microsoft account on Windows 10.

Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

• Are you able to log into Microsoft account online?
    • What error message you receive when you enter the new password?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below.

Sign in with a Microsoft account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.

1. I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account. - Similar Threads - set computer wrong

2. I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.: I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account. I followed the directions on previous threats to correct the situation I logged in on a local account and then switched over to the new MS account. However, the computer, even though I am logged in with a different...
  3. I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.: I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account. I followed the directions on previous threats to correct the situation I logged in on a local account and then switched over to the new MS account. However, the computer, even though I am logged in with a different...
  4. I have a new computer that I set up with wrong Microsoft account. How do I delete wrong...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new computer that I set up with wrong Microsoft account. How do I delete wrong...: See above question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-computer-that-i-set-up-with-wrong/6502221a-e487-479d-9b0c-225abf9199cd
  5. I have a new computer that I set up with wrong Microsoft account. How do I delete wrong...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a new computer that I set up with wrong Microsoft account. How do I delete wrong...: See above question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-computer-that-i-set-up-with-wrong/6502221a-e487-479d-9b0c-225abf9199cd
  6. Set-up of Windows 10 computer using wrong email address Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Set-up of Windows 10 computer using wrong email address Microsoft Account: I apparently made a typo in the email address I used to set up a new computer while registering a Microsoft account name ie email address. This computer was originally purchased and set up about 8 months ago. In all of that time since, I was never prompted to login with a...
  7. Wrong email in setting up microsoft account for laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wrong email in setting up microsoft account for laptop: I setup my laptop with new microsoft account but with wrong email which doesn't exist, such as @gmail.com4, now i can't sign in to my laptop.. another option is to sign-in is with security key. Any advice for this problem? Tks.....
  8. wrong microsoft account when setting up laptop

wrong microsoft account when setting up laptop: I just got a new laptop and during set up it asked me for a Microsoft account. Me, being technology illiterate, assumed I didn't have one and so used my mobile number. It turns out both my email accounts are Microsoft accounts so when it then asked me to add an email...
  9. PC set up with wrong Microsoft account

PC set up with wrong Microsoft account: Hi, My mum was trying to set up her new computer (Windows 10) and created a Microsoft account (not local). Then she realised that she could not log on to the computer and from what I could gather (I'm helping her remotely as I'm working overseas), I believe that she must...
  10. Microsoft account wrong computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft account wrong computer: I just noticed that my Microsoft account, under "Devices," shows my computer as an HP Pavilion 15 notebook...but my computer is a Dell Inspiron laptop! The numerical ID is correct, just the description is wrong. Is that a problem??...