Windows 10: I setup Outlook and now Mail keeps crashing

Discus and support I setup Outlook and now Mail keeps crashing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am a Windows Mail user but I installed and setup Microsoft Outlook just to try it out. I added all my email accounts to Outlook with no issues but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mwake4goten, Sep 20, 2020.

1. I setup Outlook and now Mail keeps crashing

I am a Windows Mail user but I installed and setup Microsoft Outlook just to try it out. I added all my email accounts to Outlook with no issues but when I went back to use Windows Mail Windows mail crashes everytime I try to view an email...same thing with windows calendar too...this happened straight after I used added email accounts to Outlook so I confident that setting up email accounts in Outlook has some how affected Windows mail email accounts as well.

Does anybody know of a fix that doesn't mean me having to reset Windows mail?

Appreciate any advice on this thanks

submitted by /u/mwake4goten
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mwake4goten, Sep 20, 2020
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Jizzler Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

Change from IMAP to POP3, if supported by the email server, and make sure that "Leave a copy of messages on the server" is checked.

Otherwise, I wonder if changing where delete items goes, and unsubscribing the folder will work?

I setup Outlook and now Mail keeps crashing [​IMG]

I setup Outlook and now Mail keeps crashing [​IMG]

Example is with Gmail and it's All Mail folder, but if not, can create a folder for the the same purpose.

Jizzler, Sep 20, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

I setup Outlook and now Mail keeps crashing

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

I setup Outlook and now Mail keeps crashing

1. I setup Outlook and now Mail keeps crashing - Similar Threads - setup Outlook Mail

2. Outlook Mail Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Mail Setup: I have an iCloud email account. I'm trying to set up in Outlook Mail app in windows 11 without any success!It continually says "!idspnInternetMailICloudAccountName are out of date.Get the "Attention required" window come up requiring to update the password for the account...
  3. Outlook Mail Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Mail Setup: I have an iCloud email account. I'm trying to set up in Outlook Mail app in windows 11 without any success!It continually says "!idspnInternetMailICloudAccountName are out of date.Get the "Attention required" window come up requiring to update the password for the account...
  4. Outlook and Teams keeps crashing- now affecting OFFICE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook and Teams keeps crashing- now affecting OFFICE: Hello Everyone. For over a month i have been having contact issues with MS outlook app and Teams via MS 365 for office. There are several items to address as nothing seems to fix the issue. NOTE: MY IOS of outlook and teams works seamlessly.Outlook is constantly non...
  5. Outlook and Teams keeps crashing- now affecting OFFICE

Outlook and Teams keeps crashing- now affecting OFFICE: Hello Everyone. For over a month i have been having contact issues with MS outlook app and Teams via MS 365 for office. There are several items to address as nothing seems to fix the issue. NOTE: MY IOS of outlook and teams works seamlessly.Outlook is constantly non...
  6. Verizon/AOL e-mail setup for Windows Mail app and Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verizon/AOL e-mail setup for Windows Mail app and Outlook: i have a Windows 11 Dell XPS computer 2021 and am finding it hard to set up Verizon/AOL e-mail on either the home Windows e-mail app or in the Office Outlook e-mail app.I know that since Verizon's e-mail migration to AOL there came some changes about June or July of this year...
  7. Verizon/AOL e-mail setup for Windows Mail app and Outlook

Verizon/AOL e-mail setup for Windows Mail app and Outlook: i have a Windows 11 Dell XPS computer 2021 and am finding it hard to set up Verizon/AOL e-mail on either the home Windows e-mail app or in the Office Outlook e-mail app.I know that since Verizon's e-mail migration to AOL there came some changes about June or July of this year...
  8. Mail keeps Crashing

Mail keeps Crashing: Recently, after the last Windows update, my Mail keeps crashing. Whenever I try to view my Mails, it crashes and just closes down. I have reinstalled it three times but still the problem remains. I even tried running system file checker several times but it still crashes....
  9. Where is the Outlook mail setup dialog box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is the Outlook mail setup dialog box: Where is the Outlook mail setup dialog box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-outlook-mail-setup-dialog-box/d9b52eda-97d3-46d5-8b55-a39f80ee09b4
  10. OUTLOOK SETUP

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    OUTLOOK SETUP: HI, I HAVE GMAIL AND WOULD LIKE TO SET UP AN OUTLOOK ACCOUNT ON MY WINDOWS 10. iT WONT DO IT, SAYS IT CANT FIND MY ACCOUNT. ANY IDEAS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-setup/c761cbb2-42eb-439a-8db2-aaf8cbe6c2f1