Windows 10: I shut down(not from the button) my SP3(256gb;8gb ram) and after 10 seconds of it being...

Discus and support I shut down(not from the button) my SP3(256gb;8gb ram) and after 10 seconds of it being... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The story goes as in the title.I shut down(not from the physical button) my SP3(256gb;8gb ram) and after 10 seconds of it being shut down,it turns on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ruscovanervin, Nov 5, 2018.

1. I shut down(not from the button) my SP3(256gb;8gb ram) and after 10 seconds of it being...

The story goes as in the title.I shut down(not from the physical button) my SP3(256gb;8gb ram) and after 10 seconds of it being shut down,it turns on by itself and gets me to regular windows screen(after the surface logo ofc),as if i would press the(physical) button...I really don't know what to do.It just wont shut down properly,only if I press and hold the physical button for 10 or 15 seconds.Please help me.I CANT have it turned on all the time.Thank you in advance!

:)

ruscovanervin, Nov 5, 2018

2. I shut down(not from the button) my SP3(256gb;8gb ram) and after 10 seconds of it being shut down,it turns on by itself!!

The story goes as in the title.I shut down(not from the physical button) my SP3(256gb;8gb ram) and after 10 seconds of it being shut down,it turns on by itself and gets me to regular windows screen(after the surface logo ofc),as if i would press the(physical)
    button...I really don't know what to do.It just wont shut down properly,only if I press and hold the physical button for 10 or 15 seconds.Please help me.I CANT have it turned on all the time.Thank you in advance!

ruscovanervin, Nov 6, 2018
  3. prashii Win User
    Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Nov 6, 2018
  4. 1996bulls Win User

I shut down(not from the button) my SP3(256gb;8gb ram) and after 10 seconds of it being...

Surface Pro 3 - no wireless networks on resume from sleep

I am having the same issue here. SP3 i5 with 256GB 8GB RAM.

Reboot solves the problem.

1996bulls, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

I shut down(not from the button) my SP3(256gb;8gb ram) and after 10 seconds of it being...

1. I shut down(not from the button) my SP3(256gb;8gb ram) and after 10 seconds of it being... - Similar Threads - shut down button

2. Second monitor not being detected after shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not being detected after shut down.: Hi, I was watching a YouTube video when all the sudden my laptop froze. None of my buttons did anything. I couldn't get it to unfreeze so I was forced to hold down the power button and shut down. When I opened my laptop again the display settings had been reset and it wasn't...
  3. Second monitor not being detected after shut down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor not being detected after shut down.: Hi, I was watching a YouTube video when all the sudden my laptop froze. None of my buttons did anything. I couldn't get it to unfreeze so I was forced to hold down the power button and shut down. When I opened my laptop again the display settings had been reset and it wasn't...
  4. Laptop shutting down after upgrading ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shutting down after upgrading ram: Hi everyone i have been facing an issue that, I have a Walton bx3 laptop running windows 10 specs: i3 8130u 4GB DDR4 ram 2400mhz and 1TB hard drive. I recently upgraded my ram to 8GB and switched to SSD but from then my cpu usage is really high idle and when I go to play...
  5. Laptop shutting down after upgrading ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shutting down after upgrading ram: Hi everyone i have been facing an issue that, I have a Walton bx3 laptop running windows 10 specs: i3 8130u 4GB DDR4 ram 2400mhz and 1TB hard drive. I recently upgraded my ram to 8GB and switched to SSD but from then my cpu usage is really high idle and when I go to play...
  6. Laptop shutting down after upgrading ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Surface Laptop Go 8GB RAM/256GB Keeps Randomly Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop Go 8GB RAM/256GB Keeps Randomly Crashing: I bought this laptop in October of last year and have had issues ever since I bought it of it randomly crashing. It happened less frequently before so I was lazy about it and never did anything but now it's happening 2-3 times a week and is becoming frustrating to work on. I...
  8. My laptop went from 8gb ram to 2gb ram

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop went from 8gb ram to 2gb ram: Hi every body. Idk if you guys have ever had this weird situation before , but my laptop was windows 7 8gb ram and 32- bit. I installed windows 10 64bit. But when i got everything done, i check and saw that my laptop is now 2gb ram. Idk why, has anybody ever encountered this...
  9. PC shuts down seconds after logging in

in Windows 10 Support
    PC shuts down seconds after logging in: It just started happening about 35 minutes prior to posting this. I was burning a dvd and the pc attempted to shut down, but I kept mashing the escape key until the dvd finished burning. I then let it shut down. But upon reboot and login, cmd starts and then pc shuts down...
  10. 8gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8gb RAM?: Iam thinking of going to 8gb or RAM. Problem is I have 4 RAM slots on my motherboard and if I did buy the ram I'd get 2x4gb sticks. Would this make any difference? Would it work? 40075