Windows 10: I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...

Discus and support I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello everyone,My issue started when my Onedrive was no longer syncing with my Microsoft account. The Onedrive seemed to have been deleted from my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ThomasBoyd5, Mar 3, 2022.

1. I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...

Hello everyone,My issue started when my Onedrive was no longer syncing with my Microsoft account. The Onedrive seemed to have been deleted from my account and I tried various solutions to reinstall and link it again. Although I was able to re-download it, I wasn't able to sync it with my other devices.For whatever reason, I decided to sign into my Local Account and see if that would fix anything. At the time, I didn't have a local account. I only had my Microsoft account and didn't grasp what the difference between the two was when I made the switchAfter signing into this local account, I di

:)

ThomasBoyd5, Mar 3, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to... [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Kari, Mar 3, 2022
  3. Windows 10 - Wrong Microsoft Account linked to local admin account - no Sign in with local account instead link available

Thanks for the response. What I suggest you do is to switch to a local account and then switch back to your Microsoft account.

Here's how:

• Sign in using the Microsoft account.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Under Your email and accounts, click Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Type the password of the Microsoft account and click Next.
    • Under Switch to a local account, click Next.
    • Click Sign out and finish.

Once you're done switching to a local account, you can now set your new Microsoft account to associate on your Windows 10 computer. Make sure to type in the correct email address you want to associate to your PC. Follow the steps provided above and click
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead to set up your new account.

Should you have further questions, let me know.

Aileen Alf, Mar 3, 2022
  4. I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...

Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions

Hi, Ive just switched from signing in to my laptop with a Microsoft Account to signing in with a Local Account instead. My laptop was always listed as a Device on the opening screen along with a map showing its location when I looked in my Microsoft Account. Under Devices I could also view my laptop along with other bits of various information about the device and its location was always shown on a map there too. After signing into my laptop with my Local Account ..If I sign in separately to my Microsoft Account afterwards Ive just noticed that having switched to a Local Account my laptop isnt shown on the opening Microsoft Account screen anymore and its not listed in devices either. Is this normal behaviour? I was expecting to still find my laptop listed in Devices. Also...Under Update and Security/Activation..it used to say Digital Licence linked to a Microsoft Account. Now it just says Windows is Activated with a digital licence. Is all this normal behaviour if you sign into a laptop with a Local Account instead of a Microsoft Account?

sportsfan148, Mar 3, 2022
Thema:

I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...

1. I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to... - Similar Threads - signed Local account

2. I can't sign in to my laptop's local account with my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign in to my laptop's local account with my Microsoft account.: this is the photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-to-my-laptops-local-account-with-my/c028b8de-374c-4470-877e-0a007b357bad
  3. I can't sign in to my laptop's local account with my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't sign in to my laptop's local account with my Microsoft account.: this is the photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-to-my-laptops-local-account-with-my/c028b8de-374c-4470-877e-0a007b357bad
  4. I can't sign in to my laptop's local account with my Microsoft account.

I can't sign in to my laptop's local account with my Microsoft account.: Please help me. I can't sign in to my laptop's local account with my Microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-to-my-laptops-local-account-with-my/0250abab-b55a-412e-91bb-f83afc4d71c8
  5. I can't sign in to my laptop's local account with my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign in to my laptop's local account with my Microsoft account.: Please help me. I can't sign in to my laptop's local account with my Microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-to-my-laptops-local-account-with-my/0250abab-b55a-412e-91bb-f83afc4d71c8
  6. I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...: Hello everyone,My issue started when my Onedrive was no longer syncing with my Microsoft account. The Onedrive seemed to have been deleted from my account and I tried various solutions to reinstall and link it again. Although I was able to re-download it, I wasn't able to...
  7. I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...: Hello everyone,My issue started when my Onedrive was no longer syncing with my Microsoft account. The Onedrive seemed to have been deleted from my account and I tried various solutions to reinstall and link it again. Although I was able to re-download it, I wasn't able to...
  8. I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...

9. I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...

10. I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen