Windows 10: I signed into my Microsoft account and now the password on my computer changed

Discus and support I signed into my Microsoft account and now the password on my computer changed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was signed in beforehand, however, my computer was refusing to recognise my name change. So, I signed out and logged back in, and now the password... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by R.Rain, Mar 16, 2019.

1. R.Rain Win User

I signed into my Microsoft account and now the password on my computer changed

I was signed in beforehand, however, my computer was refusing to recognise my name change. So, I signed out and logged back in, and now the password for my computer is the password for my Microsoft account. I don't like this and want to change the password without changing my Microsoft account password. Is this possible, or should I just sign out all together?

:)

R.Rain, Mar 16, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

forgot then changed Microsoft account password

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Try disconnecting the cable from the Internet:
      • If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.
      • If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.
      • If sign-in is successful, let us know in the comments!
      • Also, we can then change to a local account, restart, and re-connect to the MSA.
      • If this works, please let us know!
    2. Try sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the
    https://account.microsoft.com
    page.

• If the sign-in is unsuccessful, stop and handle it like any other password issue.
    • If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, continue to the next step.
    3. Try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

4. If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Thank you.

Arul_D, Mar 16, 2019
  3. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Create your Microsoft Account Today

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 16, 2019
  4. I signed into my Microsoft account and now the password on my computer changed

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

I signed into my Microsoft account and now the password on my computer changed

1. I signed into my Microsoft account and now the password on my computer changed - Similar Threads - signed Microsoft account

2. Is there an option to change the password on my computer using my microsoft account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Is there an option to change the password on my computer using my microsoft account?: My dad put up a password here on my computer. I want to change it, but it says that I have to put the current password. My microsoft account is signed in, is there any way i can change my computer password using my microsoft account?...
  3. I signed into my microsoft account on a work computer, now my microsoft account is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I signed into my microsoft account on a work computer, now my microsoft account is...: I logged into my personal Microsoft account on a laptop at work, now when viewing the local account on the work laptop, my personal Microsoft account shows. I would like to remove my personal account from the local account on the laptop but I can't delete the local profile....
  4. I signed into my microsoft account on a work computer, now my microsoft account is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I signed into my microsoft account on a work computer, now my microsoft account is...: I logged into my personal Microsoft account on a laptop at work, now when viewing the local account on the work laptop, my personal Microsoft account shows. I would like to remove my personal account from the local account on the laptop but I can't delete the local profile....
  5. I signed into my microsoft account on a work computer, now my microsoft account is...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. I changed my password to my admin account on my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I changed my password to my admin account on my computer: So I made the mistake of thinking I'd remember my password without writing it down and now I can't sign back into my computer and at this point I'm thinking of just hard resetting my computer but before I do that I was hoping someone here would be able to help.I've tried...
  7. I changed my password to my admin account on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my password to my admin account on my computer: So I made the mistake of thinking I'd remember my password without writing it down and now I can't sign back into my computer and at this point I'm thinking of just hard resetting my computer but before I do that I was hoping someone here would be able to help.I've tried...
  8. I changed my password to my admin account on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Changed my Microsoft Account password and now nothing works

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changed my Microsoft Account password and now nothing works: I'm not too sure if I should be posting three separate questions but problems one and three could be linked. So I changed my Microsoft Account password using my phone, and as expected my computer notified me that I needed to fix my account. I entered the new password but...
  10. computer won't accept my password to sign in or for Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer won't accept my password to sign in or for Microsoft account: After updating windows 10, I cannot log into my computer. Receive incorrect password msg for both signin and Microsoft account even though I can sign in on my phone and another computer using the same passwords....