Windows 10: I some how changed the primary language on my computer

Discus and support I some how changed the primary language on my computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I changed my language to Hebrew on my computer while trying to add it as a second language. I can not read Hebrew yet and my settings are in Hebrew.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DawnInman, Mar 5, 2019.

1. DawnInman Win User

I some how changed the primary language on my computer

I changed my language to Hebrew on my computer while trying to add it as a second language. I can not read Hebrew yet and my settings are in Hebrew. How do I change it back to English?

:)

DawnInman, Mar 5, 2019

2. Can't change primary language on Chinese laptop

Hi Andy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience as you are unable to change the language setting on your laptop, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please follow some of the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Step 1: It seems that Chinese language is set as primary language, the options are grayed out.

Select the English Language in "Add a language" Window in
    Control Panel, and select Move up.

The first language in "Add a language" window in Control Panel
    is your primary language.

Step 2:

I suggest you to install Language Pack and check if it helps:

Language packs

Also, refer to Language Control Panel to change the system language.

Hope it help. Feel free to contact us for further issues on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 5, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Thatha_7 Win User

Display language and primary language

Hi,

I have been having problem in changing the display language on my windows RT 8.1. After rebooting my tablet, the language of my tablet became Norwegian. I managed to change the primary language to English but the display language is somehow still in Norwegian.

The norwegian language pack is not even in the list of language installed in my language list under the Region and Language setting. And I could not find a way to change the language or to remove it...

What should I do to change the display language to english?

thanks!

Thatha_7, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

1. I some how changed the primary language on my computer - Similar Threads - changed primary language

2. how can i change the language in my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i change the language in my computer: please i need help to change the language in my computer to english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-language-in-my-computer/27e9a5fa-311a-4d68-ba6b-d5aaded1eac5
  3. how can i change the language in my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i change the language in my computer: please i need help to change the language in my computer to english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-language-in-my-computer/27e9a5fa-311a-4d68-ba6b-d5aaded1eac5
  4. How do i change the language english to swedish to my computer?

How do i change the language english to swedish to my computer?: I have watched 12 videos to help me how to change the language in windows XP sp3 but that did not help, and i need the help to change language English to Swedish in windows XP....
  5. I changed the language but some things are still in the old language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed the language but some things are still in the old language: I bought a laptop yesterday in Spain, which is where I currently live, but I wanted to change the language to English. I did the usual procedure and changed it on Settings > Time and language > Language. I downloaded the language pack for English United States and also went...
  6. I changed the language but some things are still in the old language

I changed the language but some things are still in the old language: I bought a laptop yesterday in Spain, which is where I currently live, but I wanted to change the language to English. I did the usual procedure and changed it on Settings > Time and language > Language. I downloaded the language pack for English United States and also went...
  7. I changed the language but some things are still in the old language

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to change my computer's Startup Language?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change my computer's Startup Language?: When I put my computer in sleep mode, power off, or restart, the language displayed is spanish, likely because I missclicked when originally setting up the computer, but everything else on my computer is in english, and all the setting in my language settings are set to...
  9. How to change my computer's Startup Language?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change my computer's Startup Language?: When I put my computer in sleep mode, power off, or restart, the language displayed is spanish, likely because I missclicked when originally setting up the computer, but everything else on my computer is in english, and all the setting in my language settings are set to...
  10. How do I change primary language?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change primary language?: In build 10240 I can download a Danish language pack in Settings. However I can't set it as primary... Anyone know how to do this? [img] 8316