Windows 10: I somehow forgot my computer password

Discus and support I somehow forgot my computer password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, i made a new password for my computer yesterday, but when i types in my password earlier this morning, it didn't work. I have tried all sorts of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OMGitxxx, Jun 25, 2022.

1. OMGitxxx Win User

I somehow forgot my computer password

Hi, i made a new password for my computer yesterday, but when i types in my password earlier this morning, it didn't work. I have tried all sorts of variations, but still didn't work. I tried to restore my pc, but i need the bitlocker key in order to do so. I couldn't find the key for my computer in my Microsoft account even though my device is shown in my Microsoft account.I think that the key is located in my school account, which is also being used in my computer. The problem here is that i can't get accessed to the azure actove directory. I got this error code "Error code: AADSTS530031Erro

:)

OMGitxxx, Jun 25, 2022

2. forgot password

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you using Microsoft account or local account for logging in the computer?
    I suggest you to follow steps from the below article “What to do if you forget your Windows password” and check if it helps.

Change or reset your Windows password

You may also refer to the below article.

You can't sign in to your Microsoft account

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 25, 2022
  3. forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, Jun 25, 2022
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Remon Ont, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

1. I somehow forgot my computer password - Similar Threads - somehow forgot computer

2. I forgot password to my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot password to my computer: I am trying to log into my personal computer, as I have been using my work computer for such a long time.I forgot my password for my personal computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-password-to-my-computer/a16ed683-5405-4cd8-9ae8-66b26726227e
  3. I forgot password to my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot password to my computer: I am trying to log into my personal computer, as I have been using my work computer for such a long time.I forgot my password for my personal computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-password-to-my-computer/a16ed683-5405-4cd8-9ae8-66b26726227e
  4. I forgot password to my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. I forgot my password and it not showing I forgot my password

I forgot my password and it not showing I forgot my password: After 1 year of letting the computer off, I booted back and I just forgot my password not pin.Well, I have no idea how to reset a password.And even if not showing "I FORGOT MY PASSWORD" it SHOW INSTEAD "reset password" which is not the way you reset using a Microsoft account....
  6. I somehow forgot my computer password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I somehow forgot my computer password: Hi, i made a new password for my computer yesterday, but when i types in my password earlier this morning, it didn't work. I have tried all sorts of variations, but still didn't work. I tried to restore my pc, but i need the bitlocker key in order to do so. I couldn't find...
  7. I somehow forgot my computer password

I somehow forgot my computer password: Hi, i made a new password for my computer yesterday, but when i types in my password earlier this morning, it didn't work. I have tried all sorts of variations, but still didn't work. I tried to restore my pc, but i need the bitlocker key in order to do so. I couldn't find...
  8. I forgot my password on my personal computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I forgot my password on my personal computer.: I want to reset my computer but don't want to lose any files.I can't access the computer.I have only one password and account on this computer.Can anybody help?...
  9. I somehow forgot this password, is there anyway to reset it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I somehow forgot this password, is there anyway to reset it?: [ATTACH] I sign out and then try to sign in again because I changed a few setting but then this show up, I can't recall the password for this, is there anyway to reset the password?...
  10. I forgot my computer password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I forgot my computer password: I forgot my computer password. If I reset it using command prompt, with the help of a Windows 10 installation USB, will I lose any data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-computer-password/a4bd58d8-969f-4710-80af-ff8bad551579"