Windows 10: i somehow have 3 admin accounts and i need to delete 2, but they don't appear under family...

Discus and support i somehow have 3 admin accounts and i need to delete 2, but they don't appear under family... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; what to do about parallel accounts which have loaded their own OS....?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RichardGarward, Oct 30, 2019.

1. i somehow have 3 admin accounts and i need to delete 2, but they don't appear under family...

what to do about parallel accounts which have loaded their own OS....?

:)

RichardGarward, Oct 30, 2019
  2. DavidG Win User

Problems in User Account, not appearing in Admin Account (store, sfc)

I have not found anything like my problem on any forum or thread. In my Administrator Account the Windows Store opens and I can install Apps. I expected those same Apps I just installed to appear in my User Account, they did not. Both my Admin and User accounts are Microsoft accounts.

In my User Account my Windows Store will not open (see image 1 below). I tried to use Command Prompt - Admin to run WSReset.exe (see image 2 below).
    Then I tried to use a .bat file to re-register Windows Store (guess what? yeah see image 3 below).

I ran SFC /SCANNOW in both my Admin and USER accounts. No problems were found in either account. I noticed SFC ran in less than 30 minutes in my Admin account, but SFC took just over TWO HOURS to run in my User account.

My only idea at this point is to DELETE my User account and reinstall it. I thought I might reach out for other suggestions before doing that.

All replies are appreciated.

i somehow have 3 admin accounts and i need to delete 2, but they don't appear under family... [​IMG]

i somehow have 3 admin accounts and i need to delete 2, but they don't appear under family... [​IMG]

DavidG, Oct 30, 2019
  3. delete administrator account

Hi,

Method 1. Delete an admin account via Settings

Step 1: Open Settings app by simultaneously pressing Windows logo and I keys on the keyboard.

Step 2: In the Settings app, navigate to Accounts > Family and other accounts. If you are on Enterprise edition of Windows 10, please navigate to Accounts > Other accounts.

Step 3: Here, you can see all admin as well as standard user accounts. As said before, the account which you have currently signed in doesn’t appear in the list here. For instance, if you have two admin accounts “A” and “B” on your PC, you need to sign in to
    account “A” to delete admin account “B.”

Step 4: Click on the admin account which you want to delete or remove. Click the Remove button.

Step 5: When you see the following confirmation dialog, click Delete account and data button to delete the account and all data from the account.

Method 2. Delete admin account via Control Panel

Step 1: Open Control Panel. Change View by to Small icons. Click User Accounts.

Step 2: Click Manage another account link to see all user accounts on the PC.

Step 3: Click on the admin account which you want to delete or remove.

Step 4: Click Delete the account link.

Step 5: When you see the following confirmation dialog, either click Delete Files or Keep Files button. If you click the Keep Files button, Windows automatically saves the data of the account in a folder on your current desktop before deleting the account.

Good luck...

MilagrosM2020, Oct 30, 2019
  4. i somehow have 3 admin accounts and i need to delete 2, but they don't appear under family...

Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

i somehow have 3 admin accounts and i need to delete 2, but they don't appear under family...

1. i somehow have 3 admin accounts and i need to delete 2, but they don't appear under family... - Similar Threads - somehow admin accounts

2. I need to delete an admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to delete an admin: I need to delete my late partner's admin from my computer. I don't have any of the passwords or his admin code and can no longer access any other details including email...
  3. I need to delete an admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to delete an admin: I need to delete my late partner's admin from my computer. I don't have any of the passwords or his admin code and can no longer access any other details including email...
  4. I have accidentally opened a Family Account that I need to totally Delete!! It is in my...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have accidentally opened a Family Account that I need to totally Delete!! It is in my...: Can you assist in deleting a Family Account in Microsoft Windows 10?It is keeping me from accessing Chrome and Firefox for a job? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-accidentally-opened-a-family-account-that-i/5eee3df6-d172-4521-b9cc-84ac3a7ba680
  5. Deleted Admin Account and I have no other User Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleted Admin Account and I have no other User Account: I have a Windows 10 laptop. I had not used my laptop for a month and they screen read password had expired. Since I had forgotten the password so I was not able to set a new password. I did the whole password reset process- System image recovery - utilman account...
  6. I don't have admin..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't have admin..: Is there a way to delete applications without admin perms on my computer? submitted by /u/UrM8Ash [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikbrjk/i_dont_have_admin/
  7. I need to delete an adult account in my family

I need to delete an adult account in my family: I need to delete an adult account in my family https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-delete-an-adult-account-in-my-family/0b62e777-be8f-4b1e-990b-b248389bf1ee"
  8. i have 3 admin accounts and i need to delete 2, but the other 3 don't appear under family...

in Windows 10 Customization
    i have 3 admin accounts and i need to delete 2, but the other 3 don't appear under family...: #but the other "2" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-3-admin-accounts-and-i-need-to-delete-2-but/95cef007-0cd0-49bc-b58d-921a74c2538c
  9. I don't have "Family and other users" option under accounts and cannot and a new user

I don't have "Family and other users" option under accounts and cannot and a new user: I don't have "Family and other users" option under accounts and cannot and a new user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-family-and-other-users-option-under/e5f9582b-5249-4ca3-9200-8e00a2383cf3"
  10. have 2 admin accounts cant delete one?

have 2 admin accounts cant delete one?: hey guys newbie here with windows 10,and i kept getting error message that i needed admin priviledges to do things like save files and to where.....so i decided to add another acct to be admin,but now i got 2 admin accts,and its not under family and others but both are in...