Windows 10: I sometimes get the app icon in the search bar

Discus and support I sometimes get the app icon in the search bar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] I sometimes get the app icon in the search bar, any ideas how to fix this? I don't want to be a Windows 11 beta tester and reinstall Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Awkward-Skill-6029, Apr 3, 2022.

1. I sometimes get the app icon in the search bar

/u/Awkward-Skill-6029, Apr 3, 2022
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Apr 3, 2022
  3. No home icon , no printer icon. also other icons such as address bar in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you referring to home icon and printer icon in Microsoft Edge or File explorer?
    • Are you referring Address bar in Windows File Explorer or any other app/program?
    For getting Printer icon, I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Apr 3, 2022
  4. Yaqub K Win User

I sometimes get the app icon in the search bar

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 3, 2022
Thema:

I sometimes get the app icon in the search bar

1. I sometimes get the app icon in the search bar - Similar Threads - sometimes app icon

2. App icons in the search bar missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App icons in the search bar missing: When ever I go to search for apps through the taskbar search, none of the proper app icons appear.This happened yesterday and I figured if I just restarted it would go away. I don't remember touching any settings that could possibly do this. If anyone knows how to fix this it...
  3. App icons in the search bar missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App icons in the search bar missing: When ever I go to search for apps through the taskbar search, none of the proper app icons appear.This happened yesterday and I figured if I just restarted it would go away. I don't remember touching any settings that could possibly do this. If anyone knows how to fix this it...
  4. App icons in the search bar missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. search bar icon

in Cortana
    search bar icon: After the update there is an icon at the search bar which is not there before, how to delete the icon? anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-icon/a95f5e3f-1577-40ad-8def-e6544fd3d41a
  6. App icon not showing correctly in search bar

in Cortana
    App icon not showing correctly in search bar: When searching for apps in the search bar the app icons comes up with an icon that is not correct. I have only had this problem since I updated my windows earlier today. I have restarted windows explorer, my pc, windows search, and app icon cache. I have also done a repair...
  7. Windows App Icon Missing in Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows App Icon Missing in Search Bar: Whenever I search for a windows application I'm presented with the icon as depicted as in the screenshot, it's been like this for 3 weeks now. I've restarted, updated, scanned for viruses (I use K7) my pc but all these efforts yielded nothing. I am worried if it;'s anything...
  8. Icons of the apps in the search bar are not visible.

in Cortana
    Icons of the apps in the search bar are not visible.: [ATTACH] As you see in the pictures, it has been like this for over a month. I have tried :sfc /scannow DISM command And updated my windows to the latest version 20H2 I was thinking of system restoring my windows but I thought maybe here I can be helped....
  9. Windows Search Bar App Icons not showing their icons.

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar App Icons not showing their icons.: Hi, I'm dealing with an issue where ONLY Windows UWP apps don't show their icons but only show and photo icon blank. [ATTACH] Above shows me searching up 'Settings' and it comes up with the blank photo. You can also see 'Steam' come up a non-UWP app; but 'Alarms & Clock'...
  10. Search bar SOMETIMES not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar SOMETIMES not working: Hi, I'm getting really frustrated about my windows menu search bar. Sometimes it'll show everything about a file, content inside if it's text, names, all and other times it cannot get any documents whatsoever. I tried repairing index, restarting Cortana. Turn it off, restart...