Windows 10: I started a windows update without wifi connection

Discus and support I started a windows update without wifi connection in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I started a windows update without a wifi connection and now it is stuck on the screen that says “configuring update for windows 10, 0% complete, do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ty4723, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Ty4723 Win User

I started a windows update without wifi connection

I started a windows update without a wifi connection and now it is stuck on the screen that says “configuring update for windows 10, 0% complete, do not turn off your computer”. I tried turning my computer on and off, but the same blue screen came back on. Is there any way for this screen to go away so I can connect wifi and update it.

Thanks!

:)

Ty4723, Jul 27, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

WiFi connection not visible after Windows 10 update

Hi Lia,

We apologize for the delayed response. If the WiFi networks are still missing after turning on Network Discovery, we recommend that you run the
    Network troubleshooter. This troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you make sure that the Radio Management and
    Windows Connection Manager services are running. These services enable management of network connectivity on your computer. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Services, and then select Services from the list of results.
    • Look for Radio Management and Windows Connection Manager
      in the list of services and check if the status is Running and startup type is
      Automatic.
    • You can double-click on the service name to start the service and set the startup type to
      Automatic.

Keep us updated with the results.

Gino Des, Jul 27, 2020
  3. XNam360 Win User
    Can't connect to wifi after Windows Update

I have now tried all of the suggested steps at least twice.

The only instance of seemingly achieving any progress was the first time I performed a clean boot, when the wifi connection actually worked. But after that, I tried following the steps to isolate the problem and then after restarting the computer, all of
    my wireless features have disappeared again. I have tried repeating the entire sequence of steps again, but the wifi hasn't worked again. It just worked that one time, but I don't know why it was different that time.

I have been trying to fix this for over 11 hours, but haven't been able to connect back to wifi.

I would like to know if rolling back the Windows Update is an option and, if so, how to do that and how to prevent Windows from updating again.

XNam360, Jul 27, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

1. I started a windows update without wifi connection - Similar Threads - started update without

2. Windows update and WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update and WiFi connection: I maybe wrong and I want to be corrected and assisted as well but I think there might be a glitch in windows updates that affects the full functionality of WiFi network adapters. I have a dell laptop which is working perfectly but everyday, I have to restart it over ten times...
  3. Windows update and WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update and WiFi connection: I maybe wrong and I want to be corrected and assisted as well but I think there might be a glitch in windows updates that affects the full functionality of WiFi network adapters. I have a dell laptop which is working perfectly but everyday, I have to restart it over ten times...
  4. Windows update and WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. WiFi not connecting automatically on start up after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    WiFi not connecting automatically on start up after update: Since the last update W10 will not connect to WiFi automatically. Have to manually connect.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-not-connecting-automatically-on-start-up/ebb556ec-f29b-4336-8b23-6889ebca6979
  6. How do i connect to wifi without ethernet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i connect to wifi without ethernet?: I just got a new PC and i can’t connect to the wifi. It just gives me ethernet but i don’t have it nor do i know what it is. I’ve tried restarting my network settings but to no avail. The only network connection option it’s giving me is ethernet. how can i solve this?...
  7. Windows update and WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows update and WiFi connection: I just installed the latest windows update (the one where dark mode for the file explorer has just been added i belive) and all of a sudden i can't connect to wifi. I can't even see the wifi icon, nor the hotspot one, just the airplane mode one( it's written in italian but i...
  8. Wifi will not stay connected to the internet without the ethernemy

Wifi will not stay connected to the internet without the ethernemy: My wifi wont stay connected to the internet without the ethernet. I have updated the wifi card online and it did need it. I have an Acer its about 3 or 4 yrs old. I thought maybe it might be the f3 key which turns the wifi on and off but that didnt help either. Any help...
  9. Windows update started without warning on hotel wifi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update started without warning on hotel wifi: Windows turned itself off while connected to hotel first wifi. When restarting, it went to black window after login. Ctrl-alt-del brought up the normal panel, but task manager would not appear when clicked (went bank up blank screen). After a couple of reboot attempts with...
  10. Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable

Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable: Basically what happened before: After updating to Windows 10, my computer was not showing any network options. (The icon says "Not connected - No connections are available) Going into Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network Connections, it then says "Local Area Connection...