Windows 10: I started getting blue screens on my computer after installing a malware without knowing...

Discus and support I started getting blue screens on my computer after installing a malware without knowing... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I downloaded some game from a website and installed the files but there was an odd .exe in there and thought it was a part of the game so I installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/freshwings421, Sep 22, 2020.

1. I started getting blue screens on my computer after installing a malware without knowing...

I downloaded some game from a website and installed the files but there was an odd .exe in there and thought it was a part of the game so I installed it as well. And hell broke loose. I started getting blue screen once every 5 minutes. I installed Avast and did a quick scan and eradicated most of the viruses I had, the one I installed included, and now the blue screen is less frequent, it went from 5 minutes to hours, but I still get it. I ran a deep scan on Avast but it was interrupted by the blue screen twice. Can someone please help on how I can solve this?

submitted by /u/freshwings421
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/freshwings421, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Computer Freezes Then Blue Screen

Hello,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, we suggest performing the steps on this article
    on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

I started getting blue screens on my computer after installing a malware without knowing...

Getting IRQL less or not equal blue screen

Hi Cody,

We need to gather more information for us to better assist you on your blue screen error concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• When did the blue screen error start appearing?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Can you still log-in and use the computer?
    • You mentioned that you've re-installed Windows 10. Can you please provide us the step-by-step process on how you re-installed Windows 10?
    • Can you please provide us the full error message and also the error code that you're getting when the computer goes to a blue screen?

Argel Obm, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

I started getting blue screens on my computer after installing a malware without knowing...

1. I started getting blue screens on my computer after installing a malware without knowing... - Similar Threads - started getting blue

2. i keep getting blue screen on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i keep getting blue screen on my computer: Hi,i get blue screen seemingly without any trigger.Here are the minidumps files generated :https://we.tl/t-VhVCZGyXfwthx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-blue-screen-on-my-computer/50ebc4b6-e3fc-4843-bb3c-ed7b8a5d6e07
  3. i keep getting blue screen on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i keep getting blue screen on my computer: Hi,i get blue screen seemingly without any trigger.Here are the minidumps files generated :https://we.tl/t-VhVCZGyXfwthx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-blue-screen-on-my-computer/50ebc4b6-e3fc-4843-bb3c-ed7b8a5d6e07
  4. i keep getting blue screen on my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer started blue screening!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer started blue screening!: My computer has had issues in the past to where I reset the entire thing to avoid issues but the blue screen returned last night and I don’t know what it is exactly or what drivers might have screwed up. My audio slowed and stuttered at one point so I figured I needed to...
  6. Computer started blue screening!

Computer started blue screening!: My computer has had issues in the past to where I reset the entire thing to avoid issues but the blue screen returned last night and I don’t know what it is exactly or what drivers might have screwed up. My audio slowed and stuttered at one point so I figured I needed to...
  7. Computer started blue screening!

8. computer restarts without blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer restarts without blue screen: As above I am restarting randomly, rarely when playing games but more when just using google chromeI am getting this error usually in sets of 3 :A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Cache...
  9. computer restarts without blue screen

computer restarts without blue screen: As above I am restarting randomly, rarely when playing games but more when just using google chromeI am getting this error usually in sets of 3 :A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Cache...
  10. Getting Blue screen when re-starting my computer

Getting Blue screen when re-starting my computer: After windows 10 update last week getting blue screen Stop code 0X0000fffe. I am attaching link to dump file uploaded on onedrive. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkW7YH1Lv0Lkky6giFp20Fzvyi_q?e=H9LNuX Any help is much appreciated. Thanks J * Moved from Community Participation...