Windows 10: I still can't update from version 20161

Discus and support I still can't update from version 20161 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been an Insider since the beginning and rarely have any problems. Since updating to version 20161 I have had nothing but problems. I keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pilkie, Jul 28, 2020.

1. pilkie Win User

I still can't update from version 20161

I have been an Insider since the beginning and rarely have any problems.

Since updating to version 20161 I have had nothing but problems.

I keep getting messages on the screen telling me that my version of Windows is to expire on 31 July.

I could not update to version 20170, I cannot update to version 20175.

I have tried to re-install Windows, both, from an iso file mounted and run from my SSD, it didn't work.

I have a very recently made bootable USB thumb drive of Windows and have tried a clean install, it didn't work.

I have read on this forum many helpful hints of how to get Windows working again, from deleting the contents of certain folders in Windows/SoftwareDistribution, to Registry edits, to running certain commands from a Command prompt, none work.

I have tried so many so-called fixes none of which work for me, I am now stuck on a version of Windows which is about to expire and can't update to a newer version, What am I to do?

I feel that any more suggestions would also end up as fails, I am now at my wit's end and need some help, please.

I have a Surface Pro 5 with an i5 processor, 8 Gig of RAM and a 256 Gig SSD, as a pensioner I cannot afford to bin it and buy a new one.

Is there any chance of someone from Microsoft contacting me to sort this problem out?

:)

pilkie, Jul 28, 2020

2. I upgraded my Windows from 8.1 to 10 but it still shows older directx version 11.2 instead of 12

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply. Are you still facing the issue?

If yes, Please follow below suggestions:

Install all the patches and available updates from Windows updates.

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Windows update settings" without quotes and hit enter.

• Under Updates click on check for updates

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Jul 28, 2020
  3. BAGZZlash Win User
    MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Jul 28, 2020
  4. I still can't update from version 20161

Still not working

Hi Brink,

I am a Systems Engineer (entry-Level) and I am having this issue. I have followed all the steps that were listed, even created a new user account. This is for a customer. When I followed the steps, before creating a new user, i kept changing the path to point to the correct place. The second time, and following, I ended up getting the 2 SID's, one with the .bak. Followed the steps to delete the regular one and rename the .bak. restarted and still signs in as a temp profile. So I ended up cfreating a new user and still get the same Temp profile issue. Could you suggest something? Thanks.

deadlyspider, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

I still can't update from version 20161

1. I still can't update from version 20161 - Similar Threads - still can't update

2. Windows will not update. Still on version 1709

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will not update. Still on version 1709: I noticed it didn't update before, but never really cared considering it didn't affect anything that I use my PC for. But now some games I play require newer versions of Windows. Getting error code 0x80070057...
  3. Windows will not update. Still on version 1709

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows will not update. Still on version 1709: I noticed it didn't update before, but never really cared considering it didn't affect anything that I use my PC for. But now some games I play require newer versions of Windows. Getting error code 0x80070057...
  4. Windows will not update. Still on version 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I can't update windows from version 1909 to lastest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't update windows from version 1909 to lastest: Good afternoon,I have been attempting to update my windows 10 for some time now and have attempted every solution under the sun. Please see below for windows specifications:Edition: Windows 10 HomeVersion: 1909Installed 27-Aug-19OS Build: 18363.1556I confirmed I have enough...
  6. I can't update windows from version 1909 to lastest

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't update windows from version 1909 to lastest: Good afternoon,I have been attempting to update my windows 10 for some time now and have attempted every solution under the sun. Please see below for windows specifications:Edition: Windows 10 HomeVersion: 1909Installed 27-Aug-19OS Build: 18363.1556I confirmed I have enough...
  7. I can't update windows from version 1909 to lastest

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Still haven't updated to version 2004 - should I?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Still haven't updated to version 2004 - should I?: I've read that a lot of people have had problems so I'm not sure if I should update it or not. Any advice? submitted by /u/R_12345678910 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jbber3/still_havent_updated_to_version_2004_should_i/
  9. Still can't update to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Still can't update to 2004: Windows update assistant fails in second boot phase. It's no longer offered to me through the normal Windows Update. Let me know if you need any other info, here's my windowsupdate.log https://we.tl/t-2vxyE1bpeO submitted by /u/ryanvsrobots [link] [comments]...
  10. Still can't update to windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Still can't update to windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586.: Hi, The Windows 10 Home, version 1511 10586 update came out a while ago now, and everyday since I've tried installing it and yet I still can't. It downloads fine, but then when I need to restart to "finish the update", I'm presented with the error message We're having...