Windows 10: I still can't view HEIC files despite installing Microsoft HEIF Image Extensions from the...

Discus and support I still can't view HEIC files despite installing Microsoft HEIF Image Extensions from the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I installed the Microsoft HEIF Image Extensions and the Video extension too from the Microsoft Store, but when I try to open my HEIC photos it comes up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Yojax, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Yojax Win User

I still can't view HEIC files despite installing Microsoft HEIF Image Extensions from the...

I installed the Microsoft HEIF Image Extensions and the Video extension too from the Microsoft Store, but when I try to open my HEIC photos it comes up with "Download codecs from Microsoft store"...

Is there a fix?

:)

Yojax, Jul 19, 2019

2. HEIC file viewing

Hi suedama,

My name is Douglas and I am an Independent Advisor. I would like to help you. Let's try to install the following extension, please:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/heif-image-ex...

"To open the HEIC image, go to the Windows store link to get the HEIF extension here.

View HEIC & HEVC files on Windows 10 Photos app

Click on the Install button to install the HEIF codec.

It is important to note that, users would be needed to install both HEIF extension as well as HEVC extension to view images and play videos, as, HEIF files with HEIC file extension are compressed using HEVC format. It is mandatory to install both the extension
    and installing a HEIC file extension alone without HEVC extension would fail to view .HEIC files images"

More details here:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/view-heic-hevc-f...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let me know, please. kinds Regards

DouglasMillar69, Jul 19, 2019
  3. PerOtto Win User
    HEIF Image Extensions

My Samsung S10 creates .heic pics and I have installed the HEIF image extensions from MS-Store.

I get no confirmation, only this: "Thank you. We're attempting to install on your device"

My pics is still not visible in W10. Doubleclicking displays the same old msg; "You need to install codecs from MS Store"

I then installed the iMazing HEIC-converter and get this msg: "Some files where not recognized as valid HEIC-files".

(My .heic files are downloaded from Google Photo w10 File Explorer).

Is the HEIF image extensions not installed or is my Samsung S10 producing incompatible files?

ps: I have now disabled the HEIC-saving in S10 and new pics will be stored as jpeg.

Code:

PerOtto, Jul 19, 2019
  4. mama_nerd Win User

I still can't view HEIC files despite installing Microsoft HEIF Image Extensions from the...

heif image extension - windows 10 1803

I tried to download the image exension from the microsoft store for both hevc and heif. The hevc one installed, but the heif image extension says i own it, it won't let me uninstall it, but it shows an ! in the store entry, and it doesn't work.

It does not show up in the apps listing nor in the control panel programs and features... I can't view HEIC files, it gives a link to download the "codec" from the microsoft store, which doesn't work.

I have a different windows 10 machine where these work fine... it's my main production machine that is failing.

I don't know what to try next.

mama_nerd, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

1. I still can't view HEIC files despite installing Microsoft HEIF Image Extensions from the... - Similar Threads - still can't view

2. HEIF & HEVC extension downloaded, but couldn't view image files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEIF & HEVC extension downloaded, but couldn't view image files: Hi Team,I have successfully installed the HEIF extension and also purchased the HEVC extension from the Microsoft store. After downloading the extensions too I'm unable to view the images captured in HEIC format. Even on the home page of the HEIF/HEVC extension only options...
  3. HEIF & HEVC extension downloaded, but couldn't view image files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HEIF & HEVC extension downloaded, but couldn't view image files: Hi Team,I have successfully installed the HEIF extension and also purchased the HEVC extension from the Microsoft store. After downloading the extensions too I'm unable to view the images captured in HEIC format. Even on the home page of the HEIF/HEVC extension only options...
  4. Photos can not open .HEIC/HEIF files even the extension is installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos can not open .HEIC/HEIF files even the extension is installed: Hello,I cant open the .heic photos with windows photos app.I downloaded the .HEIF extension from the store.I tried to restart the app several times, under the Settings app. Did not worked.I'm using the latest windows, 20H2 19042.985.What can I do?Thanks in advance....
  5. HEIC images fuzzy using HEIF image extensions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HEIC images fuzzy using HEIF image extensions: iphone has moved to using HEIC for the image format so now they have to be converted before you can view them on a PC. I have downloaded the HEIF Image Extensions app by Microsoft from the App Store but when I use it although the thumbnails I can view look fine when I open...
  6. I still can't view HEIC files despite installing Microsoft HEIF Image Extensions from the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I still can't view HEIC files despite installing Microsoft HEIF Image Extensions from the...: I still can't view HEIC files despite installing Microsoft HEIF Image Extensions from the Microsoft Store, I try all solutions but no way! always i get We can't open this file. without writing any cause or suggestions. [ATTACH]...
  7. Heif Image Extension

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Heif Image Extension: I loaded this extension and now wish to delete it as it does not work. It did allow me to open heic files at first, but now I am getting "we can't open this file message" when I try to open a new heic image from friends or my own phone. I tried a "reset" several times but...
  8. HEIF image Extension intalled via Microsoft App store still cant open HEIC pictures.

HEIF image Extension intalled via Microsoft App store still cant open HEIC pictures.: I've tried resetting the app. Windows 10 is fully updated. Trying to open pictures from external hard drive of HEIC format and it says "We cant open this file."...
  9. HEIF Image Extensions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HEIF Image Extensions: Dear Support Team, Would it be possible to install HEIF image extensions without internet? Can we download the app first from internet and then install it in other computer? Thanks a lot. (app link:...
  10. HEIF Image Extensions

HEIF Image Extensions: My Samsung S10 creates .heic pics and I have installed the HEIF image extensions from MS-Store. I get no confirmation, only this: "Thank you. We're attempting to install on your device" My pics is still not visible in W10. Doubleclicking displays the same old msg; "You need...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. downloaded heic app still not working

2. can i uninstall heif image extensions windows 10

3. heif installed but photos dont open

4. heif image extensions uninstaller,
  5. why cant i open img 3130.heic,
  6. heic file cant open,
  7. heic file extension microsoft,
  8. why microsoft doesnt read heic file,
  9. extension .HEIC does not open in teams,
  10. open HEIC file,
  11. HEIF Image Extensions doesnt work,