Windows 10: I still could not download Chrome and other software

Discus and support I still could not download Chrome and other software in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear all, I still could not get Google Chrome download on my PC, despite all settings and latest Win 10 pro upgrade for my PC. Seems like the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SugengPri, Apr 21, 2020.

1. SugengPri Win User

I still could not download Chrome and other software

Dear all,

I still could not get Google Chrome download on my PC, despite all settings and latest Win 10 pro upgrade for my PC.

Seems like the browser stopping it :

pls pls help.....

I still could not download Chrome and other software 1a386281-38ae-4485-ab39-a176736ac977?upload=true.png I still could not download Chrome and other software 21d6cb21-b069-4476-9fb1-0a7513505e96?upload=true.png

:)

SugengPri, Apr 21, 2020

2. Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Google Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome

Source: Chromium Blog: Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome

Brink, Apr 21, 2020
  4. I still could not download Chrome and other software

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

I still could not download Chrome and other software

1. I still could not download Chrome and other software - Similar Threads - still download Chrome

2. Not Softwares Chrome, Photoshop,... but Windows Button and Other Default Softwares are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Softwares Chrome, Photoshop,... but Windows Button and Other Default Softwares are...: Not Softwares Chrome, Photoshop,... but Windows Button and Other Default Softwares Media Player, Windows Settings are super slow, After not regularly using since 1 year.My PC isAmd Ryzen 5 3600, MSI B450 Mortar Max, Thermaltake Semi Modular 500w, 480 gb nvme m.2 ssd.I didn't...
  3. Not Softwares Chrome, Photoshop,... but Windows Button and Other Default Softwares are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Softwares Chrome, Photoshop,... but Windows Button and Other Default Softwares are...: Not Softwares Chrome, Photoshop,... but Windows Button and Other Default Softwares Media Player, Windows Settings are super slow, After not regularly using since 1 year.My PC isAmd Ryzen 5 3600, MSI B450 Mortar Max, Thermaltake Semi Modular 500w, 480 gb nvme m.2 ssd.I didn't...
  4. Not Softwares Chrome, Photoshop,... but Windows Button and Other Default Softwares are...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I cannot download chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot download chrome: Hello I used to have it on my Asus laptop. When I try I get "cannot find https:" "This site cannot be reached" Please help
  6. Chrome could reduce its RAM usage on Windows and other platforms

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome could reduce its RAM usage on Windows and other platforms: Google Chrome is one of the most resources hungry apps on Windows and it eats more RAM if you install extensions or keep too many tabs opened. Google needs to work on resource management for Google Chrome and a new feature is being internally tested in Canary builds, Google...
  7. Google could reduce Chrome’s memory usage on Windows, other platforms

in Windows 10 News
    Google could reduce Chrome’s memory usage on Windows, other platforms: In addition to tab groups, Windows Mixed Reality support and dark mode implementation, Google is now also working on a new feature that’s supposed to reduce the memory usage of Chrome. Chrome has a bad reputation for hogging memory and it appears that the search engine giant...
  8. (BSOD) UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP when using Chrome and various other softwares

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    (BSOD) UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP when using Chrome and various other softwares: Hello, the title describes my problem. I first got this error when I was watching YouTube videos using Google Chrome, I have multiple tabs opened before I got the UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP BSOD. At the time I thought it was due to some graphic card error, because I saw red...
  9. chrome and other softwares pauses randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    chrome and other softwares pauses randomly: I have a big problem. When i visit some sites chrome task pauses and i cant resume chrome. this also happens with all my other software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-and-other-softwares-pauses-randomly/bf682d40-997f-4db9-8f3c-e63c00a06cde
  10. Preventing Google Chrome's Software Reporter Downloading..?

in Browsers and Email
    Preventing Google Chrome's Software Reporter Downloading..?: Wondering if anyone knows how to stop Google Chrome from automatically downloading Software Reporter Tool? I'm aware its purpose is to scan the integrity of the Chrome installation for browser errors/malware etc. and that it conforms to Google's Privacy Policy. However,...