Windows 10: I still need Windows 7 Pro

Discus and support I still need Windows 7 Pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Two partitions = 2 devices which requires two separate licenses to run Windows on. That was really my question because the EULA does not refer to that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ronnielee09, Jan 22, 2016.

1. WHS
    whs Win User

I still need Windows 7 Pro

That was really my question because the EULA does not refer to that case. I have seen reports from people where they run multiple copies on the same machine with 1 key. But maybe they just don't police that.

2. NavyLCDR New Member

Currently, Microsoft cannot detect which partition on the same computer Windows is installed to. They can only detect when the key is used on a different system - mostly a different motherboard. After re-using the same key on different systems (motherboards), the key will get blocked from automatic internet activation and you will have to use phone activation and tell Microsoft that it is installed on only one computer.

Whether or not Microsoft can detect multiple installations or enforces multiple activations is irrelevant. It still violates the EULA.

NavyLCDR, Jan 23, 2016
  3. WHS
    whs Win User
    I agree with your point regarding the EULA. I am a law and order person too. I just wanted to point out what happens in reality.

4. bro67 Win User

Mystere there is no misunderstanding. When a person upgrades to Windows 10. Their previous edition key is only calid for 30 days after you upgrade to 10. After the 30 days, the old OS key is no longer valid.

We went through all of this on here, when the RTM and first edition of 10 was rolled out.

It is stated in the TOS and at Microsoft.com regarding this. There is nothing in the world, which will allow you to reinstall Windows 7 or 8.1, without getting the error that it is a invalid key.

30 days is 30 days, unless you keep a image on a NAS of the old OS install.

In reality, there is no need to downgrade from 10, since Microsoft has gotten a lot of the bugs fixed in 10586.

bro67, Jan 23, 2016
  5. Mystere Win User
    That is completely untrue. Your original key is not invalidated, and your license remains valid. But it is tied to the new Windows 10 installation, meaning you cannot use both at the same time.

Yes, we did. And people kept repeating this misinformation. It's not true.

I'm sorry, why would the terms of service for a web site say anything about the license of a PC? That makes no sense. Please provide the link to this if you continue to claim its true.

The only thing that is limited to 30 days is your automatic rollback. That has nothing to do with your license, nor does your key ever get invalidated. It's simply not true.

Mystere, Jan 23, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    bro67 post#17 is nonsense. He can't understand the difference between reverting back to the previous OS from inside the upgraded OS and re-installing the previous OS using install media. There is no 30 day limit on using the previous product key to re-install and activate the previous OS and there is no such limitation contained in the EULA.

From Microsoft themselves:
    Recovery options in Windows 10 - Windows Help

Can you explain that, bro67? The 30 day limit applies ONLY to reverting back to the previous OS using the reversion option in Windows 10. After that Microsoft says to use your product key to reinstall the previous OS.

NavyLCDR, Jan 23, 2016
  7. snoopy51 Win User
    NavyLCDR,

Spot on! Sir

snoopy51, Jan 23, 2016
  8. Milton Win User

Actually, if you made recovery disks, as I did when I bought my W7 computer, you can revert to Windows 7 any time you please using the disks. How do I know....well I actually did reinstall Windows 7 just 2 weeks ago.
    I won't tell you why as it's a very long story *Wink
    After downloading and installing the Service Pack (SP1) from the Microsoft Download Center, I was able to re-upgrade back to Windows 10....and everything is activated and working normally.

Milton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I still need Windows 7 Pro - Similar Threads - still need Pro

2. i need windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need windows 7: how to download windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-windows-7/2b6b40ee-6007-4995-b897-6ece5507b492
  3. i need windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need windows 7: how to download windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-windows-7/2b6b40ee-6007-4995-b897-6ece5507b492
  4. window 7 is good or bad. do i need to upgrade window 7 to the next level or still i stay...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window 7 is good or bad. do i need to upgrade window 7 to the next level or still i stay...: window 7 is good or bad. do i need to upgrade window 7 to the next level or still i stay with window 7 . please tell me what should i do? thanksrabinder...
  5. window 7 is good or bad. do i need to upgrade window 7 to the next level or still i stay...

window 7 is good or bad. do i need to upgrade window 7 to the next level or still i stay...: window 7 is good or bad. do i need to upgrade window 7 to the next level or still i stay with window 7 . please tell me what should i do? thanksrabinder...
  6. I need to go from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to go from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10.: It seems I must install the media Creation Tool. Every time I try I get the same error message copy attached.I need help as to how I proceed...Thanks....
  7. I need to go from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10.

I need to go from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10.: It seems I must install the media Creation Tool. Every time I try I get the same error message copy attached.I need help as to how I proceed...Thanks....
  8. still windows 7 user...need help with this bsod please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    still windows 7 user...need help with this bsod please?: - http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - 1001 0 2 0 0 0x80000000000000 415403 System Dave-PC - 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000a0a, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8000435cbeb C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP 020722-17908-01...
  9. i need a windows 7 pro product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need a windows 7 pro product key: sir i am kumar. i need a windows 7 pro product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-windows-7-pro-product-key/0765b392-c5a3-4624-a9e6-0c12adbc9b5e
  10. i need a windows 7 pro product key

i need a windows 7 pro product key: sir i am kumar. i need a windows 7 pro product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-windows-7-pro-product-key/0765b392-c5a3-4624-a9e6-0c12adbc9b5e