Windows 10: I stumbled on a list I'd like to share.

Discus and support I stumbled on a list I'd like to share. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If you're a control freak, like me, you may be interested in this. I found it completely by accident. Maybe its not a secret, but I've never heard of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kkorotev, Jan 26, 2017.

1. kkorotev Win User

I stumbled on a list I'd like to share.

If you're a control freak, like me, you may be interested in this. I found it completely by accident. Maybe its not a secret, but I've never heard of it. 234 setting commands listed alphabetically. I have yet to figure a way to save the list as a readable/search able file. It is not friendly in any other but the "search" environment. IOW, copy and paste will not retain the correct directions/link content.
    Navigate to the app data folder in your user folder (root directory/users/ [YOU] and do a search for the word "classic".
    You will need to unhide the folders to find and search them.

THIS IS JUST ONE PAGE!
    I stumbled on a list I'd like to share. [​IMG]

:)

kkorotev, Jan 26, 2017

2. I would like to save a sms conversation and share it with my friend. How can I do that?

Unfortunately, Windows Phone does not have any built-in feature that lets you do that.

Linley

Linley Meslier, Jan 26, 2017
  3. WP8 podcasts - how it should work

Thanks! I'd totally forgotten that option. I will convert to an app for a while until MS fixes this. I'll report back which one I like just in case others stumble on this.

GordonTWatts, Jan 26, 2017
  4. I stumbled on a list I'd like to share.

FrillyBits, Jan 27, 2017
  5. kkorotev Win User
    So it is! Uncategorized. Odd way to get there.

kkorotev, Jan 27, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    I have some Bad News and some Good News.

Bad News: all I get is a list of all files with 'classic' in their name.

Good News: all I get a list of all files with 'classic' in their name - meaning I now know what it is you've found. The only remaining puzzle is why it displays like that for you and not for me.

All the files you have found are in a single folder:
    ...AppData\Local\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Indexed\Settings\en-GB
    (depending on your install language, this may be 'en-US', etc...)

This appears to be the index Cortana refers to for 'settings' if you type something into the Search box next to Start. The names you see in your list, I see in the properties for each file on its Details tab. The files themselves contain xml that launches the appropriate action if I double-click on them.

I stumbled on a list I'd like to share. [​IMG]

7. kkorotev Win User
    ...and I can't get the search to open looking like yours! In fact, although I searched "classic", I do not see the word anywhere until I click to open one then the whole structure changes.

It can and only looks like the capture as posted in the compiled "search" list...hands off the keyboard/mouse.

kkorotev, Jan 28, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Ah, that's because my screenshot isn't the result of a Search, I navigated to the folder. Try typing this into File Explorer's address box...
    %localappdata%\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Indexed\Settings
    ...you should see a single folder (en-US, en-GB or similar). The files with 'classic' in their name are all in that folder, what do you see if you open that folder?

9. kkorotev Win User
    Yes, OK, opening the folder directly gets you the list as you captured it, but the file names mean nothing to me. I can open them from the search pane as they have useable names there.
    I went one step further; checking all 230+ shortcuts (searched for by "classic"), doing a right click and sending a shortcut to everyone of those files to my desktop. Move them all to their own folder and you have a GOD MODE II (so to speak-"All Items sorted by Verb" I stumbled on a list I'd like to share. :)

kkorotev, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I stumbled on a list I'd like to share. - Similar Threads - stumbled list I'd

2. Monitor not working I'd like help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor not working I'd like help: I have two AMD Radeon GPUs but the second one wouldn't display anything on on my second monitor in the past, it also wouldn't show that it was being used on the AMD app but recently I found out I needed to activate it then it started displaying only on that second monitor and...
  3. Monitor not working I'd like help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor not working I'd like help: I have two AMD Radeon GPUs but the second one wouldn't display anything on on my second monitor in the past, it also wouldn't show that it was being used on the AMD app but recently I found out I needed to activate it then it started displaying only on that second monitor and...
  4. Monitor not working I'd like help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I'd like to request a refund for minecraft.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I'd like to request a refund for minecraft.: I purchased Minecraft Windows 10 starter collection about 10 days ago. My child didn't like it so I've been trying to get a refund since. Couldn't do it through my Microsoft account and have been trying to get hold of customer support but to no avail. Anyone knows how to...
  6. I'd like to know

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I'd like to know: Why Microsoft feels they have a right to lock my computer and not allow me access because I had to hard-power down a few times, after my system locked up? I paid for the computer, not Bill Gates. So unless Microsoft wants to reimburse me for the cost of my laptop $1800,...
  7. I'd like to disable onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'd like to disable onedrive: disable onedrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/id-like-to-disable-onedrive/e896484e-cf8a-4449-9cc2-290b963cdd2b
  8. Themes I'd Like to See in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Themes I'd Like to See in Windows 10: If I were to jump on to Windows 10, I'd like to find a theme that has smaller square caption buttons (ala XP or even a basic style similar to Vista). I'd like bluish title bars (and a means of maintaining that colour on background windows. Any themes or VS styles like...
  9. I'd like a clear understanding why.................

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I'd like a clear understanding why.................: Why the system will not accept a NTFS formatted 32GB USB drive for system image back up ? Why must I use an external hard drive ? I AM using a 1TB ext. hdd for backups. I just want to know why not USB flash drive. 42122
  10. I'd like to generate a list with *only* file names

in Windows 10 Support
    I'd like to generate a list with *only* file names: - Winkey, “cmd” - “cd e:\media\trainingvids” - “dir *.* /s /b /a -d > c:\temp\dork.txt” So, with that I'm opening a command prompt, changing to the correct directory, doing a directory listing of all files (including sub-directories (/s), no headers or footers so 'bare'...