Windows 10: I suddenly cannot access the internet

Discus and support I suddenly cannot access the internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So my PC was working perfectly until yesterday where it would sometimes not be connected to the Internet even though I have an ethernet cable attached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jia-hao31, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Jia-hao31 Win User

I suddenly cannot access the internet

So my PC was working perfectly until yesterday where it would sometimes not be connected to the Internet even though I have an ethernet cable attached to a WiFi extender my computer can't do wireless only wired/ethernet and today it just won't connect to it at all. I tried trouble shooting on the status of the ethernet in network and sharing centre and it gives me "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device detected or resource DNS server isnt responding." When trouble shooting in settings it gives me " Windows can't communicate with the device or resource Primary DNS server"

Help would be appreciated, thank you

:)

Jia-hao31, Apr 3, 2020

2. Internet Access Suddenly Gone

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Do you use Wired or Wireless connection?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Network Troubleshooter and check, if this helps.

• In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooter’, and then click ‘Troubleshooting’.
    • Under ‘Network and Internet’, click ‘Internet Connections
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    Step 2: Update Network Adapter.

• Right click on Start button, type Device Manager and Enter.
    • Now click on your Network Adapter.
    • Right click and click on Properties, and go to Driver tab and click on
      Update driver.
    Also, refer: Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...2&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: Applies to windows 10 as well.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Unable to access internet

Original Title: Internet access

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10. I understand the frustration to wait for something and it is taking a long time.

I would suggest you to perform an Internet troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Click on start and type ‘troubleshooting’ and press enter.
    • Click on ‘View all’ on top left corner.
    • Select ‘Internet Connections’ in the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, check if the issue persists by connecting to a different network.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write is back for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 3, 2020
  4. I suddenly cannot access the internet

Can't access to internet

Hi Xuan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    internet connection troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the internet issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select Internet Connections,
      click on Advanced and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    uninstall the network adapter
    driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Uninstall
      option.

• Restart the PC to install the network adapters automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Step 3: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    update the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Update
      option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

I suddenly cannot access the internet

1. I suddenly cannot access the internet - Similar Threads - suddenly cannot access

2. i cannot access the internet on windows xp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cannot access the internet on windows xp: my hdd went out and i had to reinstall windows xp on to the new hdd. i cannot access the internet through the browsers. I performed ipconfig and verified i have an ip address. Also pinged and got a response on all 4 <1s. What could be the issue?...
  3. Cannot access to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access to the internet: Hi There I have got Sony vaio laptop/internet explorer xp and I have recoveried it recently then after I cannot access to the internet:every time I get a message: windows was unable to find certificate to log you on to the network talktalk... ??!!How can I fix the problem?...
  4. Cannot access to the internet

Cannot access to the internet: Hi There I have got Sony vaio laptop/internet explorer xp and I have recoveried it recently then after I cannot access to the internet:every time I get a message: windows was unable to find certificate to log you on to the network talktalk... ??!!How can I fix the problem?...
  5. Cannot access to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access to the internet: Hi There I have got Sony vaio laptop/internet explorer xp and I have recoveried it recently then after I cannot access to the internet: every time I get a message: windows was unable to find certificate to log you on to the network talktalk... ?!How can I fix the problem?...
  6. Cannot access to the internet

Cannot access to the internet: Hi There I have got Sony vaio laptop/internet explorer xp and I have recoveried it recently then after I cannot access to the internet: every time I get a message: windows was unable to find certificate to log you on to the network talktalk... ?!How can I fix the problem?...
  7. Cannot access to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access to the internet: Hi There I have got Sony vaio laptop/internet explorer xp and I have recoveried it recently then after I cannot access to the internet: every time I get a message: windows was unable to find certificate to log you on to the network talktalk...... ???!!!How can I fix the...
  8. Cannot access to the internet

Cannot access to the internet: Hi There I have got Sony vaio laptop/internet explorer xp and I have recoveried it recently then after I cannot access to the internet: every time I get a message: windows was unable to find certificate to log you on to the network talktalk...... ???!!!How can I fix the...
  9. Windows 10 suddenly saying "No Internet Access" although I can access the internet...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 suddenly saying "No Internet Access" although I can access the internet...: I have not had any trouble with this in the past with this computer in the three years I've had it, nor have I changed anything at all recently, hardware or otherwise. There were no updates, program installs, uninstalls, reboots, settings changes, etc. before this issue began...
  10. Cannot access internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access internet: Just bought a new computer and after I set it up, everything indicates that I am connected to the internet. Yet when I try to access it I can't get on. Verizon DSL 81917

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cannot access the internet all of a suddenly