Windows 10: I suddenly have no sound on my laptop

Discus and support I suddenly have no sound on my laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot hear a thing and there is not light on my sound bar except when I go over it and it is orange, indicating it is off. What has happened? Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dewbug774, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Dewbug774 Win User

I suddenly have no sound on my laptop

I cannot hear a thing and there is not light on my sound bar except when I go over it and it is orange, indicating it is off. What has happened? Any ideas?

:)

Dewbug774, Jul 13, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue I suddenly have no sound on my laptop :p

cadaveca, Jul 13, 2018
  3. JeremyLoo Win User
    Laptop suddenly has no sound

Don't know why my laptop suddenly don't have sound totaly.

Moved from Insider

Original title: Urgent

JeremyLoo, Jul 13, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

1. I suddenly have no sound on my laptop - Similar Threads - suddenly sound laptop

2. I have no sound on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no sound on my laptop: It was working and then it stopped. I went into settings and everything was showing that it was working.So I restarted my computer and nothing.In settings I went into the troubleshoot and it came back fine. but no sound yet. Then I accepted for a diagnostic check then it...
  3. I have no sound on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have no sound on my laptop: It was working and then it stopped. I went into settings and everything was showing that it was working.So I restarted my computer and nothing.In settings I went into the troubleshoot and it came back fine. but no sound yet. Then I accepted for a diagnostic check then it...
  4. i have a problem with sound on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a problem with sound on my laptop.: hii have a problem with sound on my laptop, actually there is no sound . even if i connect bluetooth speaker the volume remains on zero its not going up, it says NO OUTPUT DEVICE FOUND. Please help....
  5. i have a problem with sound on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have a problem with sound on my laptop.: hii have a problem with sound on my laptop, actually there is no sound . even if i connect bluetooth speaker the volume remains on zero its not going up, it says NO OUTPUT DEVICE FOUND. Please help....
  6. My laptop sound suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop sound suddenly stopped working.: My laptop sound suddenly stopped working. It was working before i switched off my laptop a few hours ago and when i turned it own, there was suddenly no sound. I have tried checking the sound settings but still nothing. Please help...
  7. I have lost sound on my laptop

I have lost sound on my laptop: Unable to get sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-sound-on-my-laptop/cb44026b-2449-493e-a80f-8332886895ae
  8. i have no sound on my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    i have no sound on my laptop: i have no sound on my laptop only when i connect bluetooth headphones. ive tried removing the headphones but still no sound from laptop???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-sound-on-my-laptop/3f0587c9-22b0-434d-a5ce-89e8322d3197
  9. I have no sound on my laptop.

I have no sound on my laptop.: I have no sound on my laptop. Settings shows 100% and any video I try to hear shows 100%??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-sound-on-my-laptop/613c82a2-b36e-447f-aecb-581aa1e84e53
  10. I have no sound on my Toshiba laptop

I have no sound on my Toshiba laptop: program files (x86) driver support\driver support\SVC/install.log could't be open to write the data. I have no sound on my laptop at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-sound-on-my-toshiba-laptop/13815808-133f-4287-b525-072111a8bcdc