Windows 10: I suddenly have no sound to play music videos

Discus and support I suddenly have no sound to play music videos in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My sound has stopped working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SueGraham1, Mar 17, 2020.

1. I suddenly have no sound to play music videos

My sound has stopped working

:)

SueGraham1, Mar 17, 2020

2. No sound when I play videos and music

At first the sound suddenly disappeared from my laptop. But I fixed it by uninstalling the sound driver. After which the sound is back, but there is still a problem. Sound does not appear when I play videos and music from any player. Even some games also
    no sound. But for other apps and games there is voice. What is wrong and how to fix it?

Adytiapandia, Mar 17, 2020
  3. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 17, 2020
  4. heckehe Win User

I suddenly have no sound to play music videos

Music video playing on laptop as input to microphone

I'm playing a video on my laptop which is running Windows 10. I want to broadcast that video's sounds to my microphone so that the person at the other end listening to my microphone listens to the videos playing on my laptop. Is that possible?

The music video is, I suppose, an .mp3 file which is playing on my computer and which I can clearly hear on my speakers, but I want to broadcast the same sound to others listening to my microphone on other computers. Is there some special software required for this?

The problem is I am using earphones connected my computer so that the sound is not emitted through speakers and cannot be picked up by the mike, so is there some internal thingy possible?

heckehe, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

I suddenly have no sound to play music videos

1. I suddenly have no sound to play music videos - Similar Threads - suddenly sound play

2. Music and videos are Playing/Pausing Constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Music and videos are Playing/Pausing Constantly: On Youtube, spotify or even a video on my own computer. It constanty pause and play repetitively. I already tried to restart, update drivers, run troubleshoot, use de cmd and nothing seems to work.I have a Asus Tuf Dash F15 with windows 11 updated....
  3. Music and videos are Playing/Pausing Constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music and videos are Playing/Pausing Constantly: On Youtube, spotify or even a video on my own computer. It constanty pause and play repetitively. I already tried to restart, update drivers, run troubleshoot, use de cmd and nothing seems to work.I have a Asus Tuf Dash F15 with windows 11 updated....
  4. i can't hear sound and can't play music/videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i can't hear sound and can't play music/videos: So when i woke up today and i turned on my PC i couldn't hear anything. My Spotify wouldn't play anything and my YouTube video was constantly buffering and just didn't want to load. It definitely wasn't an internet problem as i could watch everything on my phone perfectly...
  5. Crackling sound when playing music

Crackling sound when playing music: I heard crackling sound when playing music on Chrome, Edge browser, even I plugged in headphone I still heard that sound. Except playing music on local disk, I didn't hear that. By the same time, my laptop has worked slower than before since the issue appeared. I tried...
  6. Video suddenly stops playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video suddenly stops playing: All videos suddenly stop playing; on YouTube, Edge, Chrome and those saved on my computer.I have updated drivers.Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-suddenly-stops-playing/7a3f1abd-9fa5-455e-a55d-68b452fd07d6
  7. Can't play videos or music with W10 Media or music or video apps

Can't play videos or music with W10 Media or music or video apps: I'm looking for suggestions how to troubleshoot a video problem in W10. When I try to play mp3/4 videos with either W10 Media Player or the VLC app, videos are either choppy and stop after a few seconds, or in the case with VLC, the app just flashes. I've uninstalled/clean...
  8. No sound on video on music files, have sound on youtube and web

No sound on video on music files, have sound on youtube and web: My video and music files (all of them) have no sound when played, even though yesterday it was all okay. I've tried more media players including vlc, windows media player; none of them works. I reinstalled the audio drivers. I would appreciate any other suggestion and help!...
  9. No sound on video on music files, have sound on youtube and web

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound on video on music files, have sound on youtube and web: My video and music files (all of them) have no sound when played, even though yesterday it was all okay. I've tried more media players including vlc, windows media player; none of them works. I reinstalled the audio drivers. I would appreciate any other suggestion and help!...
  10. sometimes music files and videos will not play

in Windows 10 Support
    sometimes music files and videos will not play: This happens all too frequently lately, mp3s will not play and videos will play in slow motion or not at all. Haven't found a solution to this annoying problem yet. 56985