Windows 10: I suspect I have a virus

Discus and support I suspect I have a virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I suspect I have a virus that Windows Defender can't identify. I've run Windows Defender many times to no avail. The suspected virus causes weird... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VStarGuy, Jan 28, 2021.

1. VStarGuy Win User

I suspect I have a virus

I suspect I have a virus that Windows Defender can't identify. I've run Windows Defender many times to no avail. The suspected virus causes weird occurrences when creating email.

Help!

:)

VStarGuy, Jan 28, 2021

2. FU suspected virus

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, and we in Community will try to resolve your issue the best way we can.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• Do you have multiple anti-virus software activated in your system?

• Is this issue occur in a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Have you made any changes to the pc prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to Sign out from the current user account restart the pc and login to the admin account or the Microsoft account to check if that helps.

I also suggest you to install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to
    download the Safety Scanner, and boot the system in safe mode with networking and then perform a full pc virus scan and check if it helps.

Microsoft safety scanner:

Let’s try to run the Microsoft safety scanner and check, if your computer is infected by malware.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool, that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner
    again.

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

You may use the steps mentioned in this link to boot to Safe Mode with Networking

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    how to remove JTI/Suspect!31076 virus ?

Hi Mohammed,

We highly recommend running Windows Defender to remove the suspected virus/malware from your device. Follow this
    article for instructions. We suggest running a full-scan to make sure to detect and remove any files that are
    possibly infected.

Update us of the results.

Ian Ser, Jan 28, 2021
  4. PaulbWood Win User

I suspect I have a virus

Suspected Virus - TiWorker.exe

Hello,

I suspect I have a virus named TiWorker.exe on my computer.

What make me more suspicious is that I did a search and got the top search:

About 27 100 results

Search Results

What is TiWorker.exe and How to Fix It? Virus or Safe?

TiWorker.exe problems include high CPU usage, application errors, and possible virus infection.
    ... Why Do I Have EXE Errors? ... to corrupt or missing files, invalid registry entries associated withTiWorker.exe,
    or a virus / malware infection.

Funny for a microsoft file I see no info from Microsoft. I have also searched Microsoft website and found people answering other people question about this file but I cannot find it on Microsoft search.

Can some-one help?

<edited by the moderator>

PaulbWood, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

I suspect I have a virus

1. I suspect I have a virus - Similar Threads - suspect virus

2. Suspecting virus/malware Fontcore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suspecting virus/malware Fontcore: I found an program called Fontcore in my pc HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fontcore i am suspecting that thing is a malware my pc acting weird and im suspecting this is this thing a virus? Please let me know :D...
  3. Suspecting virus/malware Fontcore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspecting virus/malware Fontcore: I found an program called Fontcore in my pc HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fontcore i am suspecting that thing is a malware my pc acting weird and im suspecting this is this thing a virus? Please let me know :D...
  4. Suspecting virus/malware Fontcore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Im on a administrator account, and cant delete a file that i suspect to be upholding viruses.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Im on a administrator account, and cant delete a file that i suspect to be upholding viruses.: I Can't delete a file because I need administrator approval even though i am an administrator, the file I'm trying to delete is what i believe to be a virus but i cant delete it....
  6. Im on a administrator account, and cant delete a file that i suspect to be upholding viruses.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im on a administrator account, and cant delete a file that i suspect to be upholding viruses.: I Can't delete a file because I need administrator approval even though i am an administrator, the file I'm trying to delete is what i believe to be a virus but i cant delete it....
  7. Im on a administrator account, and cant delete a file that i suspect to be upholding viruses.

8. Unknown CMD popups with "thtvatw.exe" controlling it, suspected virus that I'm unable to solve

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown CMD popups with "thtvatw.exe" controlling it, suspected virus that I'm unable to solve: Hello fellow PC peeps,I hope you're all doing alright.So recently, for the sake of testing purposes, my idiotic self decided to download some software from rather shady sites. Everything seemed fine at first; I tested what I wanted to test, then uninstalled the program....
  9. Unknown CMD popups with "thtvatw.exe" controlling it, suspected virus that I'm unable to solve

Unknown CMD popups with "thtvatw.exe" controlling it, suspected virus that I'm unable to solve: Hello fellow PC peeps,I hope you're all doing alright.So recently, for the sake of testing purposes, my idiotic self decided to download some software from rather shady sites. Everything seemed fine at first; I tested what I wanted to test, then uninstalled the program....
  10. SearchFilterHost is overloading my pc. I Suspect a virus-miner. Please Help.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SearchFilterHost is overloading my pc. I Suspect a virus-miner. Please Help.: As you can see Its actually Search Filter Host and Search Protocol Host. I downloaded some files from different sites and i think i got a virus-miner. Virustotal didnt detected anything, but something fishy is going on. The red and orange colors are energy usage and maybe CPU...