Windows 10: I suspected having a virus on my windows 10 PC and have defender

Discus and support I suspected having a virus on my windows 10 PC and have defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I ran Stinger from Mcafee, so far its found 1 trojan in Default.SFX called Artemis!52458e1e8d8a which it cannot repair and a virus in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobertGThomas, Jul 27, 2019.

1. I suspected having a virus on my windows 10 PC and have defender

I ran Stinger from Mcafee, so far its found 1 trojan in Default.SFX called Artemis!52458e1e8d8a which it cannot repair

and a virus in WinRAR-x6454b2.exe

just wondering why defender cannot detect these and deal with them ?

:)

RobertGThomas, Jul 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Jul 27, 2019
  3. in windows 10 will windows defender also scan automatically a second slaved hard drive with a suspected virus?

in windows 10 will windows defender also scan automatically a second slaved hard drive with a suspected virus?

RANDALLFRANKLIN, Jul 27, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I suspected having a virus on my windows 10 PC and have defender

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

I suspected having a virus on my windows 10 PC and have defender

1. I suspected having a virus on my windows 10 PC and have defender - Similar Threads - suspected having virus

2. I think I have viruses on my PC and Windows Defender isn't detecting anything.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I think I have viruses on my PC and Windows Defender isn't detecting anything.: Note that I do not know any of those applications:I am wondering if these are software, libraries, or viruses.This seems to be NES games. I never pirated any NES games in my entire life.The list goes on for a while.* Moved from Virus & Malware...
  3. I think I have viruses on my PC and Windows Defender isn't detecting anything.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think I have viruses on my PC and Windows Defender isn't detecting anything.: Note that I do not know any of those applications:I am wondering if these are software, libraries, or viruses.This seems to be NES games. I never pirated any NES games in my entire life.The list goes on for a while....
  4. I am suspecting that i have a virus.

I am suspecting that i have a virus.: Yesterday, I installed something and it was like a disc file. When I restarted my laptop, it went to like disc reparing.Now on chrome sometimes the same extension keeps installing, and whenever I search anything it brings me to bing, before it does that it takes me to a...
  5. Possible virus. Have Defender.

Possible virus. Have Defender.: I have Windows Defender. Lately, I've gotten popup warnings about my computer being infected w/ spyware. Most likely, it is. The messages say I've got 3 or 5 viruses. McAfee & Norton have ads offering to wipe out the viruses for a fee. Shouldn't Defender have caught this?...
  6. Suspected virus

Suspected virus: Recently i was looking into my antivirus notifications and saw dxgiadaptercache.exe allowed to network. On searching online , it was showing as severe TROJAN so i runned security scan using bitdefender but couldnt find anything then i ran using MS security and found 341...
  7. I suspect I have a virus

I suspect I have a virus: I suspect I have a virus that Windows Defender can't identify. I've run Windows Defender many times to no avail. The suspected virus causes weird occurrences when creating email. Help!...
  8. Windows defender telling I have virus but I dont

Windows defender telling I have virus but I dont: My windows defender is telling me I have a virus that I got away then after it still tells me about the same virus even tho its not there And I tried multiply times and it still tells me about that virus...
  9. Windows Defender is having serious issues/Virus?

Windows Defender is having serious issues/Virus?: So my windows defender stopped working completely, i noticed it when the scan option disappeared from my context menu. I went and checked to see if windows defender was on and there no sys tray icon and the windows security menu shows as blank when opened. Virus and threat...
  10. I Have a virus On My PC

I Have a virus On My PC: Log OS : Windows 10 Version 1607 Browser : Microsoft Edge Effect : Flashing Screen Going Into Screen Saver And Back To Edge I Got A Virus On My PC...