Windows 10: I swapped a drive and now have a System Reserved D: od 99 MB I can't get rid of. Help

Discus and support I swapped a drive and now have a System Reserved D: od 99 MB I can't get rid of. Help in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; OK. I have a 1 TB SATA M.2 Drive C: on my old PC - for boot drive and programs - and a data drive, a 1TB HDD D:, with directories for documents, Music,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bozinonsumus, Jul 23, 2021.

1. I swapped a drive and now have a System Reserved D: od 99 MB I can't get rid of. Help

OK. I have a 1 TB SATA M.2 Drive C: on my old PC - for boot drive and programs - and a data drive, a 1TB HDD D:, with directories for documents, Music, Videos, Pictures, etc.- I am now building/configuring a new primary home PC - updated components, new 1BD M.2 NVMe C: drive for boot OS and programs, etc., and I just installed the old HDD from the old PC with all my data files. OK so far. New PC is fine.- The old one - and I wish to keep it - now has another 1 TB HDD mostly empty now intended for data files that shows up as the E: drive. My problem is that that under the D: d

:)

bozinonsumus, Jul 23, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

A 2nd System Reserved on Another Hard Drive Under Its Own Drive Letter

Temporarily disconnect disk 0 (contains F and D) by disconnecting the SATA cable from it then reboot your PC. If it boot then you can safely delete the System Reserved D.

To delete the system reserved partition from disk 0 (Drive D), Open Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. select disk 0
    3. select partition 1
    4. delete partition override
    5. exit

After done with the above, You might also want to swap the SATA cables between disk0 and disk1 to make C drive on disk 0 and F drive on disk 1.

topgundcp, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Anthony Gal, Jul 23, 2021
  4. I swapped a drive and now have a System Reserved D: od 99 MB I can't get rid of. Help

Volume in drive C is reserved by system

I'm trying to access the directory of my drive C through the cmd (with administration), but instead I get "Volume in drive C is reserved by system".

I can access drive D very easily.

Any suggestions how I may access it?

RoyalPancake34, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

I swapped a drive and now have a System Reserved D: od 99 MB I can't get rid of. Help

1. I swapped a drive and now have a System Reserved D: od 99 MB I can't get rid of. Help - Similar Threads - swapped drive System

2. My drives have swapped. Boot Drive C is now D, and vice versa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My drives have swapped. Boot Drive C is now D, and vice versa: Hi...exact same problem as:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-drives-swapped-letters-c-drive-which-is-boot/43395ad0-d22d-475e-9418-811bad69ba61so I cant boot i have:c: data filesd: windows folders and program filesi obviously only have acces to cmd...
  3. My drives have swapped. Boot Drive C is now D, and vice versa

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My drives have swapped. Boot Drive C is now D, and vice versa: Hi...exact same problem as:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-drives-swapped-letters-c-drive-which-is-boot/43395ad0-d22d-475e-9418-811bad69ba61so I cant boot i have:c: data filesd: windows folders and program filesi obviously only have acces to cmd...
  4. System Reserved Drive D

System Reserved Drive D: I am just wondering what the system reserved drive is. I googled it, and it shouldn't be showing up, let alone have a letter assigned to it. When I open it, its completely empty and it says it is System Reserved D: Will this drive cause any problems and why is it even showing...
  5. System Reserved Drive D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Reserved Drive D: I am just wondering what the system reserved drive is. I googled it, and it shouldn't be showing up, let alone have a letter assigned to it. When I open it, its completely empty and it says it is System Reserved D: Will this drive cause any problems and why is it even showing...
  6. Small System Reserved drive - can I get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Small System Reserved drive - can I get rid of it?: It may be an easy one. I realized that Windows Explorer is showing up a 100MB 'System Reserved' drive. There is a way of hiding it? Thanks! 168995
  7. Is there no way to get rid of this volume ODS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there no way to get rid of this volume ODS?: Any time I change volume I can notice gynsc stops working.. it's jarring to say the least. Is there a way to turn it off? submitted by /u/Klubhead [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gbkt21/is_there_no_way_to_get_rid_of_this_volume_ods/
  8. (1909) Can't get rid of "SystemRestore" folder on D: Drive.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    (1909) Can't get rid of "SystemRestore" folder on D: Drive.: So I have had this issue for quite a while now and I thought it was going to resolve on its own but it has been a year and nothing I've done has successfully allowed me to delete this folder that I obviously do not need no more. The story goes like this: I had to do an...
  9. Have 3 I can't get rid of...

Have 3 I can't get rid of...: Hello Sprite, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile Since you want to get rid of all built-in apps, you might see if using step 2 in OPTION FOUR of the tutorial below may be able to help. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...a.html#option4 Your system works...
  10. I have D Drive and D System Folder - Want to get rid of System Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    I have D Drive and D System Folder - Want to get rid of System Folder: I'm attaching a screenshot with notes - it will tell you/show you better than I can explain here. Bottom line, I wanted my Pictures folder on Drive D - not C. My goal was/is to have all Data files on drive D and all Windows and config type files on drive C. I have just one...